Giovanni de steffano bids to buy oldco

RFC55

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The way it comes across to me is... He want's to buy the oldco for branding and marketing rights, and relaunch a hybrid version of us in the English league. He's not interested in our assets likes Ibrox or Murray park.

If and it's a big "IF" he's got wealthy backers behind him. It's a interesting idea, one that would entice a vast number of our support.

Agreed.

He's being far to public about this for it to be genuine. If you were going to do it you'd do it behind closed doors first to make sure its all sound.

Knowing our luck though we'll end up with 2!! Rangers next season, which one would we support!! ;)

Whichever one Ally's manager of.

Dont know if it's still possible but could he not do the same kind of hybrid deal which bill miller had planned? Where a newco is set up and assets sold over, while the old company is put through administration and then, the two merged back together?

Only one Rangers team will be playing at Ibrox and that's the one Charles Green consortium owns. Giovanni Di Stefano blueprint is to obtain our oldco name and marketing rights, and relaunch them as a new club, different stadium etc in the English league.

It's a form of franchising, think of it like a corporate sponsorship like Red bull does with NewYork and Salzburg.

Dont know if it's still possible but could he not do the same kind of hybrid deal which bill miller had planned? Where a newco is set up and assets sold over, while the old company is put through administration and then, the two merged back together?

Well, he could try, but frankly I doubt anyone is paying too much attention to the OldCo these days ... it's just an empty shell with a mountain of debts. It is doubtful whether Duff and Phelps are spending more than a couple of hours a week on it. But any bid for the OldCo would have to go through the same process of trying for a CVA or paying the debts to the satisfaction of the creditors. And Miller's plan of bringing the two entities back together was dependent on the OldCo eventually achieving a CVA.

Well, he could try, but frankly I doubt anyone is paying too much attention to the OldCo these days ... it's just an empty shell with a mountain of debts. It is doubtful whether Duff and Phelps are spending more than a couple of hours a week on it. But any bid for the OldCo would have to go through the same process of trying for a CVA or paying the debts to the satisfaction of the creditors. And Miller's plan of bringing the two entities back together was dependent on the OldCo eventually achieving a CVA.

I wasn't sure whether a CVA would still have been possible. As i remember TBK saying that it would not have been possible after a certain date to complete the CVA.

Living in a fantasy world, if De Steffano was to prove that the Oldco still had a share to play down South and was able to complete a CVA. Would he not then be able to buy back 'Rangers Football Club' into the oldco and allow us to play in England?

Or is that too far fetched, even for this :P

di steffano has already said that there is easily people willing to settle the old co debts for a shot at the EPL, clearly he's a fucking loonball

Not really mate,, aye he is a loony I agree there,, but our liabilities would only be one seasons transfer budget to the like of the Man City owners when you think about it, probably not even. De Stefano is claiming his backer is some Middle East Sheikh.

And if they had that kind of money im sure they could also easily afford the 20mil or so Green would take to sell the rest over,, either that or lease back from him. Clearly going into the English lgs with a stadium, facilities and fan base we have is what would perhaps make it appealing to some super rich sand jockey fed up wae footie manager.

Nice Dream ,,,wont happen tho.

If that cunt manages to buy the oldco shell do you think he'll just give up the name rights. Arent we wanting to change the oldco name so we can change name from sevco to rangers football club? If he managed to buy the oldco shell would he control the name?

Anybody know how that would go?

I wasn't sure whether a CVA would still have been possible. As i remember TBK saying that it would not have been possible after a certain date to complete the CVA.

That was to do with the time pressure of football and maintaining Rangers FC plc as a going concern than there being a "time limit" on arranging a CVA. Remember, at the time the players were about to return to their full contract payments and the OldCo was running out of funds, in addition to the new season rapidly coming over the horizon. Now, the OldCo is just sitting around awaiting its fate.

If that cunt manages to buy the oldco shell do you think he'll just give up the name rights. Arent we wanting to change the oldco name so we can change name from sevco to rangers football club? If he managed to buy the oldco shell would he control the name?

Anybody know how that would go?

That is an interesting point, but one would assume that the trademarks and other such intangible assets of the OldCo, such as the name Rangers FC, would be part of the asset sale to Sevco.

That is an interesting point, but one would assume that the trademarks and other such intangible assets of the OldCo, such as the name Rangers FC, would be part of the asset sale to Sevco.

Only one Rangers team will be playing at Ibrox and that's the one Charles Green consortium owns. Giovanni Di Stefano blueprint is to obtain our oldco name and marketing rights, and relaunch them as a new club, different stadium etc in the English league.

It's a form of franchising, think of it like a corporate sponsorship like Red bull does with NewYork and Salzburg.

That's his plan, I asked him about it on twitter. He clammed up about our assets like Ibrox, Murray park etc and says... "jeez that is the ONLY worthwhile asset"

He wants the branding and marketing rights only.