Giovanni de steffano bids to buy oldco

RFC55

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm confused. Isn't the oldco liquidated?

Oldco wont be liquidated for a few years yet - it is the vehicle for the Big Tax Case, and the Cases against Craig White, Whitey etc. etc. and will remain in administration until that is all bottomed out.

Would that not make him liable to HMRC for the big tax case ?

If he owns the " toxic " part of the club

My thinking too, how can he buy the oldco without the liabilities ? Or is thinking that the potential riches on offer in England outweigh those liabilities ?

Either way this is blatantly not happening and the bloke is insane.

This guy is madder than a bag of squirrels stuck up a chesnut tree able to smell the nuts but unable to get to them.

He's fucking demented and it would be in his families best interest to get him sectioned under the Mental Health Act before he does serious damage to himself and others.

A fucking loonball. :wanker:

If the last 5 months have taught us anything it's that nothing can be 100% ruled out no matter how crazy they sound.

Aye....like John Bombardier :beer1: being a 'spokesman' for any fucking consortium. :sherlock:

This guy is a fucking fruit-loop........but at least he's a sober fruit-loop. :rolleyes:

he seems a bit loopy but, i'll say this much for him, he's persistent - makes you wonder though, if he was successful where would his home ground be?. If he wants a team that plays in the English League's why does he not purchase a club down south and just run with that? i mean if he buys the oldco then surely all he would be aquiring is a company name and a pile of old debt - there would be no assets so where is the benefit for him or any of his backers?. He's a strange one but his business successes (legal or otherwise) show's he can't be that mentally unstable <cr>

All this nut job is doing is putting false hope out there

But it still makes my day when a read about it

You've just joined so I thought it best to let you know - we use the Queen's English on this forum, so let's have no more of the "when a read about it" nonsense. :sherlock:

I'm confused. Isn't the oldco liquidated?

Not yet. It is still in administration. There is still time to avoid liquidation if the debts are paid off in full.

However, there are several problems. Charles Green owns 85% of the shares in oldco. He bought them off Craig Whyte for £2. So any offer would have to go to Charles Green, not Duff & Phelps. Secondly, oldco doesn't have any assets, and doesn't have the right to use the trademark "Rangers" because it sold it to newco. I'm not sure if it still has a place in the SPL, but if it does, it will be gone very soon. They would need to agree a groundshare with another team that has an SPL standard stadium, most likely Parkhead, sign up loads of players if that is even possible given the illegal transfer ban, and do all the other things you need to do to get a team up and running.

So you are looking at £150m or so to get an SPL team with a name that nobody has heard of, playing at someone else's stadium with a team of not very good players and no fans. Romanov will sell you Hearts for a lot less than that.

Could be attempting a version of Bill Miller's plan. He sorts out the oldco (HMRC case etc..) uses our link to the English FA to get the company part of the English set up and then invites Green to transfer all the assets etc.. back over and join the gravy train :pipe:

I'd imagine there's something in it for him. Not trying to dissuade him, but I think he'd be in line to make a hefty profit if he could get into the English league.

I don't think it's the money - I think it's the publicity he's after.

But what if he did buy the oldco and bought rangers back from green would that not mean we would still have the SPL share and have to play there even if he got a positive response from the FA ?

Also I thought the oldco was Rangers Football Club plc and the new one was going to be The Rangers Football Club plc ?

I'd imagine there's something in it for him. Not trying to dissuade him, but I think he'd be in line to make a hefty profit if he could get into the English league.

Rangers would be a license to print money in the English leagues no doubts about it. The new T.V. deal with Bt and Sky is worth over 3.1 billion pounds to English clubs any one looking to buy Rangers and take them down to England would make a packet in return.

It's nice to dream about things like this but it does seem far fetched..

Rangers would be a license to print money in the English leagues no doubts about it. The new T.V. deal with Bt and Sky is worth over 3.1 billion pounds to English clubs any one looking to buy Rangers and take them down to England would make a packet in return.

It's nice to dream about things like this but it does seem far fetched..

Agreed.

He's being far to public about this for it to be genuine. If you were going to do it you'd do it behind closed doors first to make sure its all sound.

Knowing our luck though we'll end up with 2!! Rangers next season, which one would we support!! ;)

Just trying this on the off-chance the old company still has an active membership in the English FA?

The guy is a complete nut job but it will still be interesting to see how this one pans out.

A nut job maybe, but a very confident one! He genuinely thinks there is chance that the membership remains active.