Lest we forget....Jock Wallace, a true Ranger

RIP, Jock. You were larger than life and are sorely missed to this day. :rip: Can't believe it's been 16 years already. I still tend to think of '96 as "only yesterday", then I look at my daughters (b. '91 & '93) and it all hits home. Time really does fly the older you get. :(

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, a true great. The younger amongst us will not know the passion of men like this and their understanding of what being a Ranger was. I could not visualise the Whyte episode happening with big Jock at the club. I thank you for reminding me of this date to reflect on this icon.

Big jock would have flung whyte about like a wet shammy and kicked his cunt up and down every corridor in Ibrox. Rip big man.

After the speeches Big Jock took the mic and said a few words then proceeded to sing an old Scottish song and came to the chorus where he changed the words.. "THE CRY WAS NO SURRENDER, SURRENDER OR YOU'LL DIE". The place was in uproar and bears going mental and blasting out the old war cry.

That would be "Nobody's Child" about the blind orphan kid by the Alexander Bros if I'm not mistaken.

The words go along the lines of.........

"I was slowly passin' an orphan's home one day,

And stop there for a moment just to watch the children play

Alone a boy was standin' and when I asked him why

He turned his eyes that couldn't see and he began to cry..........

Big Jock then fires up with "ALL TOGETHER NOW THE CRY WAS NO SURRENDER"

:praise:

RIP

From Jock's wikipedia page:

" Gary Lineker, the broadcaster and former England captain, recalls the terror he felt when Jock Wallace, then manager of Leicester City, "pinned me against the dressing room wall at half-time and called me a lazy English this and that. We were 2-0 up and I'd scored both goals. I didn't score in the second half - I was still shaking!"

I'd like to see him do the same to Regan and Doncaster!

Rest in peace big man :praise: :praise:

We'd just won that match and he is still going ballistic. We dsperately need someone like him now who won't take the shit being doled out on my club, your club, his club.

RIP Jock, you're sadly missed.

:praise: :praise: :praise: :praise: :praise: :praise:

The Big Man will be spinning at what is going on at our club. Chances are that if he had been around today there would be one or two "sore faces" being suffered by certain individuals who have done and continue to plot against us.

God rest you Big Chap!