Pes 2013 demo out now

JimmyCR1

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really enjoyed it, taking a bit of time to get used to it though. Seems very slow when it zooms into players though, during celebrations, getting booked etc. Not major, but just a bit of an annoyance.

Couple of nice touches, like the flares during games in Brazil. Will see if I can get used to this, would like to pick it up.

Still lacking the quick and easy player movement. They seem a little wooden. Not sure if they have 360 dribbling either which would help 100%.

PES has had 360 dribbling since 2010.

The manual passing and shooting is a joy to be honest and much better than FIFA I am finding.

They really just need to fix the animations and update the graphics but I am sure they said it can't be done because of the engine and they wont change that now with development on the new gen already under way.

Enjoyed it. It's not as good as Fifa, but it's really good fun. Prefer the crossing and heading on it to Fifa's which is poor.

Is there any way to make the crossing a little more difficult? All I need to do is tap circle really, and it'll swing in towards the striker. I'm not sure if PES has the assistance settings like FIFA had, as I used to play manual crossing on that.

Is there any way to make the crossing a little more difficult? All I need to do is tap circle really, and it'll swing in towards the striker. I'm not sure if PES has the assistance settings like FIFA had, as I used to play manual crossing on that.

Holding in the L2 button I think when crossing, shooting and passing in PES makes it harder (manual).

Really rewarding when you master it.

Holding in the L2 button I think when crossing, shooting and passing in PES makes it harder (manual).

Really rewarding when you master it.

Aye I've been using that occasionally when passing, thought there may have been an option though where you didn't need to hold the button down.

Agree though, allows for a lot more freedom with the passing as well.

PES has had 360 dribbling since 2010.

The manual passing and shooting is a joy to be honest and much better than FIFA I am finding.

They really just need to fix the animations and update the graphics but I am sure they said it can't be done because of the engine and they wont change that now with development on the new gen already under way.

I know (which contradicts my post, but hear me out) Notice when you hit a direction, the player insists on like fully turning his body anyway, unless you're sprinting.

Had a game or two earlier on today. The players actually do look like their real life counterparts so far, obviously I doubt it'll be the same for every player, just the big names. Sprinting seems really slow for some reason, unless I'm just pressing the wrang button, but other than that it seems like a fine game.

If they don't fix player runs I think I will give it a miss.. There's only so long I can put up with a player making a good run down the wing, you are about to pass and they stop.... Initial impressions were good but I think it was just the change from FIFA I liked...

I think the faces are pretty poor.

I just really struggle to think how anyone can think it's better than Fifa, Fifa beats it on almost every level to me.

FIFA imo has become very stale, it’s far too scripted.

Off line is unplayable for me, there is no real individuality and after a few months I was done with it.

PES was utter mince and has been the past 5 or 6 years, FIFA was better in ever aspect BUT after playing the new demo there are so many good things about this game (remember this is early code a new demo is due soon). This plays more like PES of old on the PS2 and that can only be a good thing.

FIFA imo has become very stale, it’s far too scripted.

Off line is unplayable for me, there is no real individuality and after a few months I was done with it.

PES was utter mince and has been the past 5 or 6 years, FIFA was better in ever aspect BUT after playing the new demo there are so many good things about this game (remember this is early code a new demo is due soon). This plays more like PES of old on the PS2 and that can only be a good thing.

Only play offline when I have mates over, other than that it's H2H or Ultimate Team. The new things in Fifa 13 make it even better though, more realistic first touches, better players runs, new freekicks etc. Less scripting too apparently even though I never saw a problem in the previous games.