Pes 2013 demo out now

JimmyCR1

Yeah its being revamped for the next consoles which are due out in the next few years.

They screw it up though and tha's them finished imo, they can't go another 5 or so years being kicked up and down by FIFA.

Fifa no matter what is always popular with the younger guys as its the real teams etc. But Pro for my age group (over 25's :P) was always the best. It seems to be now that Fifa has taken eerything from Pro. The only saving grace is the CL and EL or the game would be finished imo

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fifa no matter what is always popular with the younger guys as its the real teams etc. But Pro for my age group (over 25's :P) was always the best. It seems to be now that Fifa has taken eerything from Pro. The only saving grace is the CL and EL or the game would be finished imo

Aye I still have all my old PES games right back to ISS on the PS1, I only had about 4 FIFA games since the mega drive days.

New ML detials for this year, not too sure about it tbh.

INTRODUCTION

Initially, Master League looks the same as last year. Choosing real life players or fake players is now a simple option, as Konami have removed the PES Shop. More on this element at a later date. After you choose the look and nationality of your persona, you enter the press conference where you are presented to the media.

Sat at your desk, you are introduced to your secretary, and she talks you through everything in ML, similar to last year. You are briefly introduced to the new boots acquisition and shop within ML, but nothing in-depth.

The start of change

As you enter your first match, you’ll realize all your players are wearing plain black boots. Not only that, the opposition players are also wearing plain boots. After the match, I was awarded a pair of Nike boots.

In ML, you unlock boots to assign to players, and this will give them a stat boost. The boots you acquire though can only be assigned to one player. I unlocked around 4 boots in my first season. They have different abilities, so by unlocking the Adidas F50 it will give the player I assign it to a boost in pace.

It’s important to remember that the opposition are going through the same process. I played Barcelona in the CL, and players like Messi and Iniesta were wearing fake boots. Not one of the opposition player was wearing a boot they would in real life, but they had on different boots with different abilities.

Micro-boosting

In ML you have a new menu called Items, which consists of ‘Shop, Item List and Equipment’. The shop has access to 18 different stat boosting abilities, from strength training with dumbbells, to a cycling machine that helps stamina. These items cost points, which you gain from playing the game in general. So, Konami have removed PES Shop of old, and implemented it into ML.

What’s key to remember is that each element purchased can only be assigned to one player. Also, some elements last for a set amount of time, like a season.

Each player in ML now has an Item menu, which allows 3 slots, plus a boot slot. So you can give them 3 different stat boosts, and then boots to compliment that.

As an example, you could give a player like Andy Carroll stat boosts in dribbling and pace, and Adidas F50 boots.

Overall

To sum up, ML has become a mode that looks to move away from a traditional approach over the years, and incorporates a less authentic approach but heavy game elements in a bid to keep you playing for longer.

With player development OFF, you can purchase:

Personal Training +1 (increases a specific ability by +1) - 50 GP

Personal Training +3 (increases a specific ability by +3) - 200 GP

Personal Training +5 (increases a specific ability by +5) - 500 GP

Personal Training ALL +1 (increases every ability by +1, that is not already 99) - 5000 GP

Personal Training ALL +3 (increases every ability by +3, that is not already 99) - 10000 GP

Recovery Trainer (improves resistance to fatigue) - 200 GP

Physiotherapist (improves resistance to injury) - 200 GP

Conditioning Trainer (increase Form by +1) - 500 GP

The 10 that are added when you have player development ON are:

Stopwatch (makes Speed training more effective) - 200 GP

Free Weights (makes Power training more effective) - 200 GP

Mini Goal (makes shoot Training more effective) - 200 GP

Keepy Uppy Ball (makes Pass training more effective) - 200 GP

Training Poles (makes Dribbling training more effective) - 200 GP

Balance Disc (makes Defence training more effective) - 200 GP

Cycling Machine (makes Stamina training more effective) - 200 GP

Personal Trainer (makes ALL training more effective) - 5000 GP

Extra Positions (equip to earn experience for position (lasts 1 year)) - 500 GP

Skill Boost (equip to earn experience for Player Index (lasts 1 year)) - 500 GP

Gameplay wise Pro is better than FIFA but the online mode is miles behind FIFA. I'll be disappointed if they haven't improved it. It can take months to get your rating above 600 then in one night you can lose 100+ points if your having a howler, and a few too many beverages.

WENB has decided to wait a week until posting our review, due to day one patches that we want to sample before coming up with a score. But don’t worry, we are loving the game so far, so it’s a definite day one purchase. In the meantime, the press review embargo ends today, and we’ll be updating this post throughout the day.

CVG 9.1 / 10

“Tweaked in all the right places, 2013 is the finest PES of the generation, delightfully recreating the ebb and flow of the modern game.”

IGN 8.5 / 10

“Players who are prepared to explore the depth of PES 2013′s control system will truly come to love this game.”

Nowgamer 9.1 / 10

“A wonderful return to form for the old hero of the football world. Konami has created the finest PES of all time, some seven years in the making. Just fantastic.”

OPM 8 / 10

“PES 2013 marks the biggest step forward for the series on PS3.”

PSU 8.5 / 10

“This is the first time for a number of years that we’ve been totally engrossed in Pro Evolution Soccer.”

ShopTo Excellent

“In my opinion, it was only a matter of time until PES once again hit its stride on the football field. Which team will win players Hearts (SFL3 feeder club) this year, remains to be seen, but one thing is for sure, it is going to be a close game, in fact it may even go to penalties.”

TheGameJar 7/ 10

“PES 13 is an incredibly solid football game – I wouldn’t say it’s a complete return to form but I would say it is a step in the right direction for Konami.”

TheSixthAxis 9 / 10

“PES 2013 has made huge strides forward in how it plays over last year’s game. It’s no longer a case of living with the slight, niggling issues with the gameplay, animations and fluidity of it all so that you have the astonishing depth of the Master League mode.”

Videogamer 8 / 10

“It’s the finest Pro Evolution Soccer we’ve seen since Ronaldinho legitimately was the best player in the world. Will it oust FIFA 13? Let me ask you this: who is better, Ronaldo or Messi?”

X360 Magazine 9 / 10

“If you’re hungry for the glory, the beauty and the magic of PES, though, you know what to do. It’s so good to have you back.”

Insidegamer (Dutch) 8 / 10

“PES 2013 is the ball on the hallowed turf rolls back a lot more realistic and gives the player more (tactical) control.” (loosely translated through google)

Eurogamer Germany (German) 9 / 10

“PES 2013 is slower than its predecessor, at the same time faster response of the players. The result is actually already the biggest bonus for the feel.” (loosely translated through google)

GamePro (German) 9.2 / 10

“Meaningful improvements PES 2013 to make even better football simulation. In multiplayer mode, the hammer!” (loosely translated through google)

Gameswelt (German) 8.7 / 10

“To an equally clear: PES this year is a damn good football game.” (loosely translated through google)

PC Games (German) 90%

“Wonderfully fluid gameplay.”

Videogameszone (German) 90%

“Konami PES 2013 does with almost everything right. The innovations fit well into the game and the many control options can now play basically every PES as he personally wants.” (loosely translated through google)

Eurogamer Italy (Italian) 8 / 10

“PES 2013 is a game that all point to the simplicity of the controls on the recognition of the great champions and the spectacle of the tricks you can do, to return to the market a valid interpretation of the sport, which represents an alternative to the dominance of EA Sports.” (loosely translated through google)

Multiplayer (Italian) 8.9 / 10

“Konami has finally managed to put the pieces together and create a Pro Evolution Soccer with its own identity precise as regards the gameplay.” (loosely translated through google)

Meristation (Spain) 8.5 / 10

“The finished game is great and you’ll play this for more than a week, it is even possible that in the future you will continue to play. All aspects of the game are well maintained. Must buy.” (loosely translated through google)

Vandal (Spain) 9 / 10

“Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 is the best edition of the saga in the age of high definition.” (loosely translated through google)

3djuegos (Spain) 8.5 / 10

“PES 2013 is the best title the series has given us in the current generation, and the first to make us dream of a future that matches the dimensions of quality as high as in the past that was thrown up by the franchise.” (loosely translated through google)