Pes 2013 demo out now

JimmyCR1

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 is out this week (next week in North America), and as the game takes to the pitch, Konami has scheduled a bunch of DLC and updates for the game, starting with a cosmetic patch for day one of release.

The day one patch, as well as adding cosmetic touches, also brings three licensed stadiums for the newly promoted Spanish teams, Deportivo, Real Valladolid and Celta Vigo, and updated kits for 37 licensed clubs like Marseille, Ajax, Porto, Besiktas and Corinthians.

There'll then be a second update in mid-October, which will have all of the summer transfer stuff, like Robin Van Persie's move to Manchester United. There'll be more stadia, team updates, online game elements (like an option to leave a match halfway through, if you're losing) and UEFA stuff added too.

All of the DLC for PES 2013 will be free, and there'll be more to come according to Konami.

From PS3Trophies. Thought they would have had the summer transfers at least.

From PS3Trophies. Thought they would have had the summer transfers at least.

Wont matter though since everyone downloads the community patch that has all strips, transfers, logos , stadiums ect on day 1.

It's usually much better than DLC Konami release anyway.

Picked this up for my bro-in-law yesterday and got 5-6 games in last night with him. Pretty good game, enjoyed it. Loving the manual shooting, difficult as fuck to get the hang of but scored a few belters!

Considering buying it for myself but going to wait for Fifa 13 and see if it lives up to the hype.

For folk who's had previous PES'- when people make a custom team, Rangers for example this year, how close are the player likenesses? They would have to be made from scratch I'd imagine, so I take it they are just basic?

I'd assume they wouldn't look all that much like the players. You will have to create many, but if you look through international teams, many will maybe have faces still so you can just transfer them in. Wallace was in the Scotland squad last year so had a preset face, but might not be this year.

Shiels is only one I can find who has his pre set face in the game, pretty accurate as you would expect.

The other ones will have basic faces unless someone spends time uploading their faces to the game using the photo feature.

The game is very good and a welcome change from FIFA which was getting very repetitive for me, I have played champions league mode and just going to start a ML.

Some of the goals scored have been fantastic and it's murder to score against teams with a good keeper like Real.

It seems a fair bit easier to score on this PES compared to previous games.

Shooting been improved but if you play on top player with manual shooting then it's a real challenge.

I play fully manual now which is pretty difficult but really pleasing when you get it right.

Not scoring as many as I did on previous editions tbh...

Shooting been improved but if you play on top player with manual shooting then it's a real challenge.

I play fully manual now which is pretty difficult but really pleasing when you get it right.

Aye, its like that on both games! But as far as picking it up and playing it, PES always used to have that sense of acheivment from scoring even with regular settings! Dont fancy id bother trying to learn to play it fully manual, im happy enough with the manual pass using the back button, really like that addition!

Aye, its like that on both games! But as far as picking it up and playing it, PES always used to have that sense of acheivment from scoring even with regular settings! Dont fancy id bother trying to learn to play it fully manual, im happy enough with the manual pass using the back button, really like that addition!

Never played them on regular mate, they have always been pretty easy since the PS2 days.

usually top player or superstar as it used to be was the only one I played at so no able to judge the general setting one.

Started playing the demo like this- full manual and on one of the harder settings. Really struggling to score, but I'm sure I'll improve in decent length matches. Feels great spotting your winger making a great run, and playing it exactly as you wanted it.

What's the boots thing like on Master League, if you've tried it?

Started playing the demo like this- full manual and on one of the harder settings. Really struggling to score, but I'm sure I'll improve in decent length matches. Feels great spotting your winger making a great run, and playing it exactly as you wanted it.

What's the boots thing like on Master League, if you've tried it?

Not started it yet bud, just been playing CL and a few different stadium exhabitions to get the feel of it.

Will post later when I have gave ML a good go.

Started my Master League last night, loaded a Rangers OF so started off as our club but with ML default players (Castilla, Mandinho ect) you do have the option to play as teams with the real players but for now I’m using the default settings.

Things remain the same in terms of look of last years ML and your first game is a friendly against a European team, I got Anderlecht and the first thing you notice is that all the players start off with plain black boots (even if you go with real players). 1 player I was playing against had Adidas boots and when I beat them I got that boot unlocked which I could assign to 1 of my players which gave him a stat boost.

If you play against a team who has a player with boots and if you sign them then they keep those boots when they move over to your team. For every results (Draw or Win) you receive XP points in which you can buy various things like training equipment to increase the stats of individual players these ranger from 50xp to 20000xp.

Only played 5 games so far and that’s about as much as I have found out so far, the gameplay is superb though and such a challenge unlike FIFA which only gave me a challenge when I played online.

Really enjoying PES this year for the first time since PES6 on the PS2.

Should also mention they have done away with the separate League mode from the main menu, so it’s only cup competitions such as WC, EC, ACON ect. Master League/ MLO and Become a Legend are the only club based competitions and in both you can choose to go under the Champions League competition or the South American equivalent (Copaliber…).

Training mode is much improved though and since PES 2013 is not really a pick up and play (on professional to Superstar level anyway) game it’s best to give this a try and master some of the new controls as it makes a big difference in games. Dribbling and manual passing can be devastating if used correctly so I’d advise giving those a bash.

I also realized last night that the change in pace of a game from my Master League Rangers games compared to a Champions League exhibition match with Real and United was totally different which was good to see as when playing in FIFA every team you play it just feels the same pace imo.

Dean Shiels is the only current Rangers player in the game with his official likeness as NI are licensed in PES however Little was not in the squad. I have uploaded a file which gave me the strip, stadium, players faces and names although with me playing default ML it was pointless for that mode RE players.