Pes 2013 demo out now

JimmyCR1

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been hammering ML and it's so much better than Career mode on FIFA so far, brilliant.

Only thing is there is not much player progression unless you buy the training items in the store or boots.

Was losing 2-0 last night after 50 mins and switched my formation and stuck my centre back up to and came back to draw 2-2...great feeling!

Gave FIFA 13 a few games this morning before work and I really don't see enough in the gameplay to merit me spending £35-40 on it (Guy I car share with brought it over). Was so so fast and the first touch thing is pretty dire at times, it looks great but PES gameplay has it this year.

There is a complete update mate but its got a fault so maybe leave it till they fix it.

The problems dont effect ML though and the edits are outstanding. It crashes when you play dortmund in exhabition games.

The games a breath of fresh air from FIFA though, commentary is pish tho lol.

Finding it really hard to break through defences, no matter who I'm against. Playing full manual on top player, which is how I want to play it and improve at, but it's pretty difficult for me. And tackling seems to be a problem for me as well. Just letting players walk through my defence.

Just seems to be a wall at the back. Only ever got more than 2 in a game, that was against Motherwell...

Computer never seems to misplace a pass, and always seems to hit the target with it's shots as well. Still think it's brilliant, a lot more difficult than any FIFA I've played. Can't even remember PES being this difficult before.

See this edit, does that do the proper transfers as well? Because I don't know whether to just wait until Konami do that, before I download an edit from WENB, or just do it now.

Yeah most my games are one goal margins, top player is crazy this year. Professional is too easy though imo.

Most transfers are done in the edit but some are missing, I think this week there will be a wenb fix for the massive OF so best wait for that.

Won promotion to the EPL last night with my Rangers team in ML. Hopefully now I will get to bring in some decent players, hoping I'll get a Europa spot in my first year.

Good thing with the OF is that all the EPL teams have there own stadiums which is a nice touch.

The one thing I'm struggling with is scoring from corners, it's murder.

Online tournaments are just pointless. Matches last less than five minutes, literally. So unless you grab a quick goal, you don't really have a chance, considering you're mostly playing Madrid, Barca, PSG etc.

4 games, one 0-0 and three 1-0 defeats. I'm in full control in three of those games, but can't get through their defence in 3/4 minutes.

Had a quick look at Master League, and don't like what I see. As far as I can see, you can't make your own team- kits and the like- and before it used to be leagues of various different teams, not just English teams in one league, Spanish in another etc.

All I can find is the option to start with the custom players at any of the existing teams.

Online tournaments are just pointless. Matches last less than five minutes, literally. So unless you grab a quick goal, you don't really have a chance, considering you're mostly playing Madrid, Barca, PSG etc.

4 games, one 0-0 and three 1-0 defeats. I'm in full control in three of those games, but can't get through their defence in 3/4 minutes.

Had a quick look at Master League, and don't like what I see. As far as I can see, you can't make your own team- kits and the like- and before it used to be leagues of various different teams, not just English teams in one league, Spanish in another etc.

All I can find is the option to start with the custom players at any of the existing teams.

I had Rangers created in the 'other' section in editor and the strips ect were changed there. If you change them in the editor they change in the ML mode as far as I'm aware.

At the Football life menu when you click new it gives you the option of custom players or real players I think.

In my OF it has championship as a league so I started my ML in that league then moved up the EPL.

Not really played online as last time on PES 2009 I nearly launched the disk in the bin it was so bad with lag and such.

Anyone used to FIFA would boak at online PES I'd imagine.

I had Rangers created in the 'other' section in editor and the strips ect were changed there. If you change them in the editor they change in the ML mode as far as I'm aware.

At the Football life menu when you click new it gives you the option of custom players or real players I think.

In my OF it has championship as a league so I started my ML in that league then moved up the EPL.

Not really played online as last time on PES 2009 I nearly launched the disk in the bin it was so bad with lag and such.

Anyone used to FIFA would boak at online PES I'd imagine.

That's what I mean. Before, you had a few top leagues, and divisions below each. The leagues were made up of teams from various countries, as opposed to now. Which I preferred.

Just a bit disappointed with what I've seen initially.

That's what I mean. Before, you had a few top leagues, and divisions below each. The leagues were made up of teams from various countries, as opposed to now. Which I preferred.

Just a bit disappointed with what I've seen initially.

Ah right, I never played it last year so though this was the same. Maybe because I have the big OF i didn't notice as much.

They seem to have taken quite a few things out like the inidividual leage modes which I didn't understand, dont see the point in leaving them out. Konami seem to be shooting themselves in the foot by neglecting game modes this year.

When you get everything downloaded from WENB and Konami you should be fine mate, ML is pretty good albeit puzzling at times with player growth.

Struggling big time with online Master League - like everyone else has mentioned, get like 60%-70% possession but can't break teams down - then I'll lose 1-0 to a ridiculous piece of goalkeeping!

Suppose I'll need to struggle on another few games until I've got enough money to buy a new goalkeeper and a decent striker!

Still enjoying it though - the huge update from WENB is definitely worth downloading. Most transfers are done - noticed that Barton wasn't at Marseille and Modric wasn't at Real Madrid, but quick to rectify.

With regards it crashing I don't even think it's Dortmund that's the problem - more Lewandowski! Changed the starting line-up with loads of players, but it freezes as soon as you put him in the team. His stats are off (only 68 overall) so I thought I'd try and edit his stats going in through the national team instead - crashes as well. So I think you can go Dortmund just don't pick him - might try deleting him tonight and putting him in from scratch to see if it helps.

Struggling big time with online Master League - like everyone else has mentioned, get like 60%-70% possession but can't break teams down - then I'll lose 1-0 to a ridiculous piece of goalkeeping!

Suppose I'll need to struggle on another few games until I've got enough money to buy a new goalkeeper and a decent striker!

Still enjoying it though - the huge update from WENB is definitely worth downloading. Most transfers are done - noticed that Barton wasn't at Marseille and Modric wasn't at Real Madrid, but quick to rectify.

With regards it crashing I don't even think it's Dortmund that's the problem - more Lewandowski! Changed the starting line-up with loads of players, but it freezes as soon as you put him in the team. His stats are off (only 68 overall) so I thought I'd try and edit his stats going in through the national team instead - crashes as well. So I think you can go Dortmund just don't pick him - might try deleting him tonight and putting him in from scratch to see if it helps.

Wouldnt bother with that mate, the boys from WENB have tried all sorts and the issue has not resolved itself, my understanding is it's to do with coding in the game. It cannot recognize Lewandowski, they are still working on a fix so it's best not to use him in exhabition games or Dortmund.

It is fine is ML though and Dortmund can play him no bother.

It's a konami issue regarding importing files.

Looks like PES is suffering from the same problems I'm getting in FIFA.

Playing offline on the hardest level is ridiculous, the computer just doesn't attack! Sits with six or seven at the back at all times, it's a fucking joke.

Playing offline on the hardest level is ridiculous, the computer just doesn't attack! Sits with six or seven at the back at all times, it's a fucking joke.

You playing on Superstar?

I tried that and got fucked 4-0 then 5-1 in the CL as United against Benfica and Atletico.

I have found Top Player is a balanced mode although if your players are not at least green in form then it's got a 0-0 all over it.

Definitely. And when they do attack, I'm really struggling to take the ball of them. Stevie Hammell skipped past half my Milan defence the other day, for example.

Their defenders don't go forward for set pieces either, which means you can't hit them on a counter attack. You break with the ball, and you've got about five players on the half way line to get past.

Not sure what's up with headers either. Unless it's me that's played the ball and has the advantage, I don't win headers. Ever. Rarely win them defending corners, which usually results in goals. Tried pressing shoot, pass, waiting until the ball is close to connecting- nothing seems to work.

The more I play this, I'm discovering little things that's bothering me.

- Just been looking through some of the squads- some of the faces are ridiculously good. Every Scotland player I think has a real face, majority if not all of Northern Ireland as well.

Played 3 ML games last night.

Enjoyable, frustrating and brilliant at times.

First game was a CL game against PAOK which I won 6-2 with Benzema and Torres ripping them to shreds then the next game my players form dipped for some reason and Fulham beat me 3-1 at Craven Cottage. I battered them but I was attacking so much they just picked me off, I think it was 20 shots to their 4 on target.

My last game was a 2-1 win against Arsenal at home with a Hazard 89 minute FK.

Close to calling it a day after that. If it's the same in Master League when I try it, then I give up. Two thirty yard volleys into the top corner, one straight after I get an equaliser. One week on, I still don't know how to header the ball, still haven't kept a clean sheet...

My favourite though, is when you play a pass just a little bit behind a player. Rather than a player further back running onto it, the player it was intended for will run 40 yards to get it. Seen a player stand a couple of yards from the ball, and I couldn't get him to go for it- the strike then ran an absolute mile, and obviously the computer nicked in to get it.

The computer is perfect in every game. 90%+ pass completion is just fucking ridiculous.

Close to calling it a day after that. If it's the same in Master League when I try it, then I give up. Two thirty yard volleys into the top corner, one straight after I get an equaliser. One week on, I still don't know how to header the ball, still haven't kept a clean sheet...

My favourite though, is when you play a pass just a little bit behind a player. Rather than a player further back running onto it, the player it was intended for will run 40 yards to get it. Seen a player stand a couple of yards from the ball, and I couldn't get him to go for it- the strike then ran an absolute mile, and obviously the computer nicked in to get it.

The computer is perfect in every game. 90%+ pass completion is just fucking ridiculous.

Scoring headers from corners/free kicks is not so hard once you get the hang of it. Do you do the manual stuff like move your own individual player into space?

I have scored around 15 goals from corners in my ML season (just finished) I have to usually call one of my centre backs to run in the box late and find a pocket of space then the goal comes. Yaya Toure is a beast at it too when he makes the late run.

I am enjoying the ML but the screen where you have to be informed by your secretary is so so repetitive and makes me want to just switch off, I know they have to pander to the Asian market hence the ML being full of RPG and magic boots ect but for serious football fans it’s bullshit.

I wish I could have FIFA’s Career mode with PES gameplay.