Pes 2013 demo out now

JimmyCR1

Scoring headers from corners/free kicks is not so hard once you get the hang of it. Do you do the manual stuff like move your own individual player into space?

I have scored around 15 goals from corners in my ML season (just finished) I have to usually call one of my centre backs to run in the box late and find a pocket of space then the goal comes. Yaya Toure is a beast at it too when he makes the late run.

I am enjoying the ML but the screen where you have to be informed by your secretary is so so repetitive and makes me want to just switch off, I know they have to pander to the Asian market hence the ML being full of RPG and magic boots ect but for serious football fans it’s bullshit.

I wish I could have FIFA’s Career mode with PES gameplay.

Yeah I'm doing that, but the computer just seems to track whoever it is you're controlling. Really want to enjoy it, but I'm finding it very difficult. Do you header as soon as the ball's about to reach the player or what?

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scoring headers from corners/free kicks is not so hard once you get the hang of it. Do you do the manual stuff like move your own individual player into space?

I have scored around 15 goals from corners in my ML season (just finished) I have to usually call one of my centre backs to run in the box late and find a pocket of space then the goal comes. Yaya Toure is a beast at it too when he makes the late run.

I am enjoying the ML but the screen where you have to be informed by your secretary is so so repetitive and makes me want to just switch off, I know they have to pander to the Asian market hence the ML being full of RPG and magic boots ect but for serious football fans it’s bullshit.

I wish I could have FIFA’s Career mode with PES gameplay.

Magic boots? Ffs :lol:

Yeah I'm doing that, but the computer just seems to track whoever it is you're controlling. Really want to enjoy it, but I'm finding it very difficult. Do you header as soon as the ball's about to reach the player or what?

It took me a while to get it right.

I cross the ball as my player is making the run into space. He should arrive at the spot just as the ball comes into that area.

Also if you move about the defenders with your chosen players it can create space for others.

Guess I just need to stick at it then. That other problem I posted absolutely does my head in as well.

Online ranked matches are good though, especially as you can play people with similar controls to you. So it's a case of skill really.

Magic boots? Ffs :lol:

Maybe not magic as in hitting shots with fireworks :lol:.

But the boots give your players certain stat boosts, which is mental.

At the start of ML all your players have default black boots and as you progress through ML you unlock boots for your players.

Fuckin Konami.

Maybe not magic as in hitting shots with fireworks :lol:.

But the boots give your players certain stat boosts, which is mental.

At the start of ML all your players have default black boots and as you progress through ML you unlock boots for your players.

Fuckin Konami.

Aww a get yae! A thought yae meant like it gave yae super over head kicks and you could fly etc, those japs are as bad as the yanks!

The boots aren't much different to what Nike and Adidas claim about their boots in real life. Remember the first F50s came with 3 different insoles for speed, comfort and something else. Now every boot is made for a different purpose.

Can't beat a pair of Copa Mundials if you ask me though!

The boots aren't much different to what Nike and Adidas claim about their boots in real life. Remember the first F50s came with 3 different insoles for speed, comfort and something else. Now every boot is made for a different purpose.

Can't beat a pair of Copa Mundials if you ask me though!

Aye but boots improving your stamina and workrate?

On my ML I got Hazard up to 100 rating just to notice Messi is rated at 101 lol.

PES online is shit!

Last night was my first venture online and the first game ended 7-5 with Ronaldo scoring 6 and Messi with 4.

Played 3 games and must have scored around 20 goals and conceded just as many...mental.

There's a big update the day that includes some online stuff.

Still waiting on this WENB edit- the guy running it said not to bother downloading the one that's up the now as they were breaking out that fix.

Out the Champions League group for the first time without going mental- even scored from two set pieces in the one game! Still can't win them from goal kicks and the like though. If you're behind the player challenging for the header, you can forget it.

Hazard could be one of the best players in the game, he's brilliant to play as.

Going to struggle to find time to play this now- Tekken Tag came today, got Rage from Lovefilm sitting here, and Bulletstorm is free on Plus.

EDIT- Just won my first Champions League, just to get the PSN trophy really and to see the celebrations when you win. Made tough work of it- 0-0 at Olympiakos in the semis, only to go 1 down at Stamford Bridge just after half time. Lampard with an equaliser, before Ivanovic hammers home a header from a corner with 3 to go.

Faced PSG in the final, where I totally dominated. Not sure exactly what happened, as I've only been in complete control in two games so far. Hazard hat trick, all three pretty special goals, and a Sturridge goal.

Still waiting on this WENB edit- the guy running it said not to bother downloading the one that's up the now as they were breaking out that fix.

Out the Champions League group for the first time without going mental- even scored from two set pieces in the one game! Still can't win them from goal kicks and the like though. If you're behind the player challenging for the header, you can forget it.

Hazard could be one of the best players in the game, he's brilliant to play as.

Going to struggle to find time to play this now- Tekken Tag came today, got Rage from Lovefilm sitting here, and Bulletstorm is free on Plus.

EDIT- Just won my first Champions League, just to get the PSN trophy really and to see the celebrations when you win. Made tough work of it- 0-0 at Olympiakos in the semis, only to go 1 down at Stamford Bridge just after half time. Lampard with an equaliser, before Ivanovic hammers home a header from a corner with 3 to go.

Faced PSG in the final, where I totally dominated. Not sure exactly what happened, as I've only been in complete control in two games so far. Hazard hat trick, all three pretty special goals, and a Sturridge goal.

I don’t know how close they are to releasing the fix, did they give a timescale?

I have the OF and have had no problems in 2 in a half season in ML as Chelsea, played Dortmund and the game was fine. Just seems on exhibition mode and editor with that team/player is the problem.

Hazard is a great player in the game, got him to 100 overall in my ML but finding it difficult to bring in guys like Messi and Ronaldo (who is now at Inter) even though I am ranked as no 1 club and have 350,000,000 in the bank!

Only high profile players I have managed to get in was Yaya Toure and Benzema. I found it impossible to sell anyone in my first season but the second season I managed to get rid of Malouda, Lampard, Mikel, De Bruyne, Oscar and a few others for a good amount.

I don’t know how close they are to releasing the fix, did they give a timescale?

I have the OF and have had no problems in 2 in a half season in ML as Chelsea, played Dortmund and the game was fine. Just seems on exhibition mode and editor with that team/player is the problem.

Hazard is a great player in the game, got him to 100 overall in my ML but finding it difficult to bring in guys like Messi and Ronaldo (who is now at Inter) even though I am ranked as no 1 club and have 350,000,000 in the bank!

Only high profile players I have managed to get in was Yaya Toure and Benzema. I found it impossible to sell anyone in my first season but the second season I managed to get rid of Malouda, Lampard, Mikel, De Bruyne, Oscar and a few others for a good amount.

Nah they didn't. They've released other stuff since that was posted though, so I'd imagine it's not too far away.

I might just download that one to be honest. If you've not had a problem then it should be fine.

How is it you replace the Championship with one of those made up leagues in Master League? So you would start in the Championship and then get promoted to the EPL?

Nah they didn't. They've released other stuff since that was posted though, so I'd imagine it's not too far away.

I might just download that one to be honest. If you've not had a problem then it should be fine.

How is it you replace the Championship with one of those made up leagues in Master League? So you would start in the Championship and then get promoted to the EPL?

I’d download it tbh, if your mainly playing ML then you wont have any problems. Only time my game crashed was in edit mode after I saw people talking about it on the WENB forums.

I started with the real squad players and in the EPL, I think if you start as default players you’d be in the championship. I think because you choose real players then you start as that team finished last season (Chelsea in CL, spurs in Europa ect).

I don’t know much about replacing teams and divisions in ML, my first one I started without the OF as Rangers I was put in the PES league (which WENB changed to championship).

The default players were guff though.

I’d download it tbh, if your mainly playing ML then you wont have any problems. Only time my game crashed was in edit mode after I saw people talking about it on the WENB forums.

I started with the real squad players and in the EPL, I think if you start as default players you’d be in the championship. I think because you choose real players then you start as that team finished last season (Chelsea in CL, spurs in Europa ect).

I don’t know much about replacing teams and divisions in ML, my first one I started without the OF as Rangers I was put in the PES league (which WENB changed to championship).

The default players were guff though.

That's what I'm wanting to do. Start as 'Rangers' in the Championship with default players (Castolo and the like) and build from there. I take it you would just edit a certain team in the edit mode to be 'Rangers', then just select them when you're choosing a team?

That's what I'm wanting to do. Start as 'Rangers' in the Championship with default players (Castolo and the like) and build from there. I take it you would just edit a certain team in the edit mode to be 'Rangers', then just select them when you're choosing a team?

Yeah.

If you download the OF then just go into the editor and change one of the Championship teams to Rangers and then when you go into ML select them and default players and you will start off in the lowest division. That’s what I did.

There was a guy on WENB forums who had the rangers template but you can google this years home shirt and then upload it in the kit editor and turns out pretty good and same with the emblem (just download a rangers one and upload it.

See when you copy the files onto the PS3, is there no way to group them together? The guide I'm following seems to do that, but with me I've got all 800+ files separate. If I ever wanted to delete anything, that would take ages searching for it.

See when you copy the files onto the PS3, is there no way to group them together? The guide I'm following seems to do that, but with me I've got all 800+ files separate. If I ever wanted to delete anything, that would take ages searching for it.

Yeah there is an option to select all files and copy them all in the one go bud.

You don't need to copy every file.

The only problem I had was deleting a championship emblem to use my Rangers one as. took ages to find one.

Yeah there is an option to select all files and copy them all in the one go bud.

You don't need to copy every file.

The only problem I had was deleting a championship emblem to use my Rangers one as. took ages to find one.

Explained that poorly. What I meant was, every single kit, stadium, badge etc, is all a separate file. I couldn't find a way to group all of it together- so now I have just under 900 files all separate in my saved data on the PS3.

What do you mean about deleting the Championship emblem?

EDIT- nevermind. There's an option on the console to group saved data by game. So that's that problem sorted.

Explained that poorly. What I meant was, every single kit, stadium, badge etc, is all a separate file. I couldn't find a way to group all of it together- so now I have just under 900 files all separate in my saved data on the PS3.

What do you mean about deleting the Championship emblem?

Ah right, I don’t think there is a way to group them although I never tried. Last year you had to copy every single file to the hard drive so I’m guessing they won’t let you group things.

Well you get a certain number of slots for club emblems and the championship takes up the lot so to get a Rangers one in you need to delete a championship one and replace it with a rangers one.

P.S

Have a look at some of the classic international kits, some are very well done.

Fucking hell...

Copied everything, loaded up as normal- and everything's the same. Tried loading the data, and it says there's nothing there. Annoying.

Hmm did you delete your saved data files or something similair it tells you on the instructions that you have to delete something before installing.

Are you following the WENB guide on the website?