Its nothing new

BEARGER

Frank Lampard has called for England fans to keep off the boos when the national team begins the Fabio Capello era at home to Switzerland next month.

Lampard has been a target for terrace discontent while playing for England in recent years, and the entire team were booed during last November's ill-fated European Championship qualifier with Croatia.

However, with a new manager at the helm, Lampard is hopeful the fans can give himself, and the rest of the team, a frest start when England walk out at Wembley on February 6.

'I hope it does mean a clean slate,' said the Chelsea midfielder.

'I will never understand someone who goes to a game and boos their own team. It doesn't help anyone.

'We have not been helped by the negative feeling which has emerged from the fans. I've been booed personally and the whole team got booed during the Croatia game,' he told The Sun.

'You can understand the frustration of the fans but it doesn't help. Now it's definitely a fresh start.'

Read more: http://www.metro.co....s#ixzz23jtSPFZw

Happy now? rhetorical.

They weren't being booed because Croatia were beating them were they?

Remind me, what was the score last night when Black was being booed?

Your argument doesn't work.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Black won't care, but I hope he refuses the next invite to play for Scotland. As for the booing, I kind of expected it as it was at Easter Road and probably full of HIVS and Hearts fans. But Scotland will need us in the not too distant future, both to supply quality to the national team and as a club to bring some form of competitiveness to the league. The season after this season will all be about others trying to get Rangers back in to the top league to support it.

Fuck them on both counts I say, we do what is right for us not them both at national and club level. :21:

They weren't being booed because Croatia were beating them were they?

Remind me, what was the score last night when Black was being booed?

Your argument doesn't work.

I could sit here all night posting text from when John Terry got booed and Ashley Cole and Various others. All for different reasons. It happens in most countries. Its usually done by opposition club fans half bevvied who have nothing better to shout about.

Go research it, its not that uncommon.

I could sit here all night posting text from when John Terry got booed and Ashley Cole and Various others. All for different reasons. It happens in most countries. Its usually done by opposition club fans half bevvied who have nothing better to shout about.

Go research it, its not that uncommon.

But this isn't most countries. This is Scotland.

Go and research who was the last Scotland player to be booed and who he played for?

In fact go and research who the last 4 or 5 were.

I'm not gonna accuse you of being a Taig but i am accusing you of talking shite.

Its difficult to discuss anything on here, you either agree with the majority, or youre a tarrier. Its fine to be disgusted by it, just dont be shocked when someone else isnt too bothered by it. I gave examples of other nations booing their players and suddenly im a taig again.

Charlie is playing a dangerous game with all his bigotry talk when he has lived in Scotland for 5 minutes. People are going crazy at the slightest thing now. It has to stop and we need to concentrate on the football now. Fuck all the little diddie teams and their shite.

There you go again fucking clueless,have you googled 'bigotry'?

There you go again fucking clueless,have you googled 'bigotry'?

I dont have to google it, i know what it means. I especially know what it means when said in the context of a Scottish society, so did charlie. Hes playing a dangerous game when he should concentrate on delivering on his promises.

Keep up the insults though, it makes your argument much stronger.

I dont have to google it, i know what it means. I especially know what it means when said in the context of a Scottish society, so did charlie. Hes playing a dangerous game when he should concentrate on delivering on his promises.

Keep up the insults though, it makes your argument much stronger.

So you know exactly what Charles Green meant when he used the used the word bigotry even though you don't understand the different meanings?

Your arguments are shite and just to provoke a reaction so I'm done,the sooner you're out of here the better.

So you know exactly what Charles Green meant when he used the used the word bigotry even though you don't understand the different meanings?

Your arguments are shite and just to provoke a reaction so I'm done,the sooner you're out of here the better.

bigot (ˈbɪɡət)

a person who is intolerant of any ideas other than his or her own, esp on religion, politics, or race

[C16: from Old French: name applied contemptuously to the Normans by the French, of obscure origin]

From all the possible definitions he meant the one about the french describing normans. Right ye are.

bigot (ˈbɪɡət)

a person who is intolerant of any ideas other than his or her own, esp on religion, politics, or race

[C16: from Old French: name applied contemptuously to the Normans by the French, of obscure origin]

From all the possible definitions he meant the one about the french describing normans. Right ye are.

:sleep1:

Your excuses dont wash here, England fans booed the whole team because they were playing their final qualifying game at Wembley, and needed a draw, were leading 2-1, then lost 3-2, and failed to qualify. So any countries fans would have booed. Scotland fans booed one player who was about to come on and make his debut for his country, while the team were leading 3-1, hardly the same scenario.

As for the offended bus comment, youre offended because Rangers fans are offended, beacause a Rangers player was offended by his "own" fans, so you were the last one on the offended bus. And btw this would be a disgrace no matter what team the offended player played for. :21:

Booing a bad team performance maybe, but i can't recall any Rangers player ever being subjected to the amount of booing Ian Black was subjected to last night, he was booed every time he touched the ball. What Rangers player was ever given the same treatment at Ibrox?

Ronald Watterous, Charlie Adam, Maurice Edu...

These guys got absolute pelters.