Edu Agrees Terms At Stoke

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All the best mo.

For people saying hes shite etc etc and the same with boca, do you not realise what marketing is in football? we have the usa captain and for some reason edu is absolutely loved in the states aswell, will have turned a good few heads towards us in the states in his time here. Just like the ta*gs did in japan with dog eater. Its things like this that make us money and have merchandise sold, you think its coincidence that fergie at utd bought in another asian when park left? Thats what the tims have done well in, ok most have been shite but signing names that are huge in their country is only going to be a good thing in making us a global brand.

Anyway I never thought he was quite as bad as some made out and he transferred over so good luck son.

Players should not be bought with Marketing in mind they should always be bought for good attributes they can bring to the team.

If they are marketable its a bonus.

I dont see him getting much abuse just posters saying they never rated him which is their right.

Inconsistent passer, but always a hard-worker, very athletic, and with a bit more of a football brain could still develop into a solid midfielder.

Will always be fondly remembered for his injury time winner a couple of years back, for taking the short-term pay cut, and for transferring his contract over.

All the best Maurice.

Not his biggest fan but he's done things the right way so he leaves with my respect.

All the best Mo.

same, thought he was average at best and murder at worst. At one point I remember thinking to myself - he's the worst player I have seen wear our jersey. Fuck! He's the only player I have seen nut megged from 30yrds!

Am not gonae deny it though, seeing this thread has left me gutted. He's been part of a team that has brought soooo many good memories the last 3/4 years.

All the best MO, keep that bellend ness out the team.

Had his best season for us last year, played better away from home when he wasnt getting hounded by fans. Got a lot of unnecessary stick at times.

There is a lot more to Edu than we have seen over the years. Saw him playing in America and he was a real box to box player. We got rare glimpses of that as he was asked to play a deeper roles. I wish him luck and will always remember THAT goal!