McCoist might not be up to this job

papaguy51

I'll let the guys who paid money for a ticket today answer that.

i paid money for ticket and agree this thread is pathetic. not going to even argue with any of you just please dont go to games, your the kind of idiots who shout abuse at our own players and think its justified cause you bothered to turn up.

and p.s just cause the guy cant get to games doesnt make him less of a supporter than you.l

If im being honest, watching Rangers under McCoist has been hard. Even before admin some of the football was painstakingly bad to watch. Today is probably the worse if ever seen Rangers play or as long as i can remember.

IMO if a football club manager has split the fans! there has to be something wrong.

Ally McCoist is mr Rangers but is he the Rangers manager? im not to sure.

Agreed. But we have had some good football at Ibrox this season, albeit after some dodgy starts. And just you wait and see how good we'll be on Thursday (touch wood)

Definitely not a tarrier.

Just walked in the door, wet through from the weather. All I saw was a bunch of players who were scared of the ball, scared to have a touch.

Missing short passes in favour of long balls to no-one. Ally really has to improve or we won't get out of this league, we were that bad today.

Definitely not a tarrier.

Just walked in the door, wet through from the weather. All I saw was a bunch of players who were scared of the ball, scared to have a touch.

Missing short passes in favour of long balls to no-one. Ally really has to improve or we won't get out of this league, we were that bad today.

:lol: I don't think anyone is seriously suggesting you are. :)

I'm not here for sympathy, just an opinion I've had for a while.

Today pretty much confirmed it, but if you negative rep me it's cool. I don't mind, it's what we're here for, it's not a site where you'll get chucked for a different opinion.

Argue with me, please. Convince me otherwise!

Unless............

He changes his tactics, philosophy and team selection.

Simply not good enough. He simply has no idea how to alter a game that's going against him.

Whereas all us fans know exactly the right way to do it. :rolleyes: Pfffft

Today pretty much confirmed it, but if you negative rep me it's cool. I don't mind, it's what we're here for, it's not a site where you'll get chucked for a different opinion.

You are certainly not alone in your opinion.

It's gathering more weight after each away game.

although displays have been poor lets put a couple of things in perspective here......regardless of our opposition we had on Jig and Boca that syared regularly last season and yet again a different backline,we all know a settled backline makes a huge difference!

Perry and the new Greek boy were our of position and Emilson is still settling,Jig IS NO a ceentral midfielder and shouldnt play there,McKay and McLeod and both fairly young and had NEVER played at a senior level til now whilst Black is a new signing.......Sandaza hasnt settled and Little after starting well was put out wide right he has to play rhrough the middle IMO

I guess what im saying is YES Allys tactics have to change and yes were playing against part timers but our team has changed on almost a game by game basis as personnel changes and players gel......we have been rotten away from home so far but the management team and players deserve time evwn if it is hard to watch.....id rather watch Rangers playing shite than having no Rangers to watch at all

I've been to every game but today and Peterhead. Does that make my opinion of today more or less valid? Help me out, I'm confused.

When you have a collection of strangers, deprived of a pre-season and any chance to work on team cohesion and throw them into circumstances way beyond any of their experience then I'm afraid consistency is going to be hard to achieve. I really don't know what the Hell you expect?

As for Ally, he has been manager of a settled team for 6 months during his tenure. We were playing great football at the start of last season and we were streets ahead in the League. Then the rug gets removed from under his feet as his best player is sold to Everton and his 2nd best player picks up a long term injury.....and that's all before Administration when he really was working with two hands tied behind his back. Give the man some time, he deserves at least that.

How much is some time?

That is a genuine question, and I do not want anyone sacked currently.

Unless............

He changes his tactics, philosophy and team selection.

Simply not good enough. He simply has no idea how to alter a game that's going against him.

Who the hell are the players that you would rather have on the pitch?

Have you seen our squad?

I dont think for one sec that Coisty tells them to go out and fire high balls to wee MacKay.Our players have no compusure and very little ability that is why we generally see them panicking and punting the ball as far up the pitch as they can.

Oh,and by the by,what world reknowned manager do you think will answer our call and come enjoy the delights of Scot Div 3?

Get real and back Ally.He so fucking deserves it.

Argument and discussion do not come into it, to many confuse the ideal of loyalty with the pape affliction of blind faith.

And 75 minutes training a day isn't anywhere near enough.

Who the hell are the players that you would rather have on the pitch?

Have you seen our squad?

I dont think for one sec that Coisty tells them to go out and fire high balls to wee MacKay.Our players have no compusure and very little ability that is why we generally see them panicking and punting the ball as far up the pitch as they can.

Oh,and by the by,what world reknowned manager do you think will answer our call and come enjoy the delights of Scot Div 3?

Get real and back Ally.He so fucking deserves it.

They seem perfectly fine at home, but away from Ibrox is a different matter.

But no worry, deflect the blame from McCoist. Don't want to upset anything (tu)

I'd tell Alexander to find a pass instead of lumping it to no-one to start with...

What about when the forwards put our back line under pressure? Or should we just play triangles and head tennis til they get bored and tired then score 5 goals?

Sorry for the attitude. Just frustrated with the consensus about this topic.

Said it before and I'll say it again. Ally McCoist doesn't have a football philosophy or the mindset to change things. He's a motivating coach and that pains me to say. It doesn't matter who he brings in, or what tactic he lines us up in. Without a actual blueprint in what he wants us to do. We'll keep asking these types of questions.

If he wants to succeed in the short term and change things, he needs a backroom staff to bounce idea's off him. Then he can use his motivations skills to succeed in the SFL. Ian Durrant and Kenny McDowall ain't the answer though. Tough decisions will have to be made.

One thing we must remember, no man is bigger than the club.

I've been to every game but today and Peterhead. Does that make my opinion of today more or less valid? Help me out, I'm confused.

When you have a collection of strangers, deprived of a pre-season and any chance to work on team cohesion and throw them into circumstances way beyond any of their experience then I'm afraid consistency is going to be hard to achieve. I really don't know what the Hell you expect?

As for Ally, he has been manager of a settled team for 6 months during his tenure. We were playing great football at the start of last season and we were streets ahead in the League. Then the rug gets removed from under his feet as his best player is sold to Everton and his 2nd best player picks up a long term injury.....and that's all before Administration when he really was working with two hands tied behind his back. Give the man some time, he deserves at least that.

Agree with giving him time, but your talk about the pre season is utter nonsense. Did Berwick have a pre season tour? No. So you can stroke that pish excuse off the list.

Yes players need games in order to gel and work as a team instead of individuals. But even as individuals, the players should be putting in better performances than today's one. We train full time, the players have the opportunity then to gel and come together, as well as competitive matches.