McCoist might not be up to this job

papaguy51

So, who? You want ally out. And then see who wants the job? Who will take it on. Any idea. Or just get rid of Super and see what happens? Aye fuckin great plan. Right up there with play short passes against poor teams and you'll win every time. Is that why arsenal have struggled against stoke, bolton etc

The gulf between Rangers and every 1st, 2nd and 3rd division team is miles bigger than any gulf between Arsenal and Stoke or Bolton, miles bigger.

Like this transfer embargo. This window will soon be closed. We need to get a move on.

Don't we ever learn,,, yeah let's buy more players, always the Rangers way, if it's broke, pump more money in.

No, we must have a foundation of how we play the game starting with the youth up to first team, all play same way, then we can bring in youth as they know the system.

Unfortunately, we will never have that with the staff we have at Ibrox, sorry.

The tactics are poor. Lets get it right, Coisty has players available to him that should be competing in the spl never mind in the lower reaches. Anyone who thinks this is acceptable and all th is bollocks with he's lost x amount of players and he's had no pre-season etc are defending the indefensible! If we were playing good football and he was trying things, being adventurous but still getting draws then fair enough, he's playing the long ball yet kyle isn't starting? Just fucking poor.

I really hope he sorts it out, the mans à legend and roughed it out with the rest of us.

Spl standard players? I presume you mean Black(is it Ally's fault that he was bullied out of the game and spent most of the game on his arse?) Boca(is Ally to blame for his seeming lack of interest and inability to find a Gers player with a pass?)Little( the managers to blame for his non-existant touch and lack of awareness in finding space,is he?)

These threads are a disgrace, are they from Gers fans?

Of course.

There's nothing wrong with voicing concerns about a manager, his team and tactics, no matter who they are.

He's hardly receiving taig-like abuse.

If it was anyone else in charge it would be considerably worse.

The gulf between Rangers and every 1st, 2nd and 3rd division team is miles bigger than any gulf between Arsenal and Stoke or Bolton, miles bigger.

Top deflection. Where'd ya learn such skills?

Do you ever say anything constructive? Just these shitty wee comments on everyone.

Watch this one. Please.

Spl standard players? I presume you mean Black(is it Ally's fault that he was bullied out of the game and spent most of the game on his arse?) Boca(is Ally to blame for his seeming lack of interest and inability to find a Gers player with a pass?)Little( the managers to blame for his non-existant touch and lack of awareness in finding space,is he?)

Um, Yes he is.

I'm still behind him though. Hope he gets it sorted soon.

Of course.

There's nothing wrong with voicing concerns about a manager, his team and tactics, no matter who they are.

He's hardly receiving taig-like abuse.

If it was anyone else in charge it would be considerably worse.

The thread title is 'Ally isn't up to the job'. Hardly conducive to considered, measured, thought-out opinions regarding Ally's managerial ability or otherwise. It's certainly not what an undisputed legend like Ally deserves - for most people on here Ally is a boyhood hero, he deserves better than this.

Who the hell are the players that you would rather have on the pitch?

Have you seen our squad?

I dont think for one sec that Coisty tells them to go out and fire high balls to wee MacKay.Our players have no compusure and very little ability that is why we generally see them panicking and punting the ball as far up the pitch as they can.

Oh,and by the by,what world reknowned manager do you think will answer our call and come enjoy the delights of Scot Div 3?

Get real and back Ally.He so fucking deserves it.

i don't think it's about changing players rather getting the ones we've got to pass a ball better we are a full time time,so what the hell do we do in training?

So, who? You want ally out. And then see who wants the job? Who will take it on. Any idea. Or just get rid of Super and see what happens? Aye fuckin great plan. Right up there with play short passes against poor teams and you'll win every time. Is that why arsenal have struggled against stoke, bolton etc

You go through the interview process like in any normal business. You whittle down the applicants until you find the right man, and hire him. I think you would be surprised at the calibre of manager Rangers can still attract, the potential is still enormous and the opportunity to shape and create a successful team while we remain outside the top flight, whilst challenging, is in my opinion mouth watering for any ambitious man.

I think a more pertinent question is, do you think we could find a manager in the world who would be willing to come to the club and do a better job than Ally? My answer is obvious, whats yours?

Ally took Sandaza off to early. Big Kyle is useless, bad signing IMO he only fits into route one play lump it up and hope for the best although that seemed to be the game plan today (unless it was a case of players that cannnae be bothered just lumping it up) so then the blame for that mistake lies firmly at McCoists door.

I agree give him time. We have a new team and players need to gel. Its also a new experience, the culture shock must also be a factor.

We're only 3 games in, and undefeated, we are also still in the cups we've played in so kneejerk reaction is uncalled for. As for last seasons? Any discrepancies should be put down to the turmoil that ensued so he cannot be judged on any of that.

I know what youre saying,mate.

In a normal world Kyle would never get anywhere near a Gers strip but these are not normal times and,to be fair to the big man,we looked a lot more dangerous(wouldnt be hard,true!)when he came on.Won everything in the air.Strange days.

The thread title is 'Ally isn't up to the job'. Hardly conducive to considered, measured, thought-out opinions regarding Ally's managerial ability or otherwise. It's certainly not what an undisputed legend like Ally deserves - for most people on here Ally is a boyhood hero, he deserves better than this.

Maybe that's the problem with those that are defending him to the hilt. Opinions on him as a manager shouldn't be based on what he done for us as a player.

What Ally needs to find is a true No. 10 . Someone comfortable on the ball and can direct some sort of

attack. These guys look to pass it around but as soon as it doesnt seem to work they just lump it up the park.

This wont be found in the youngsters. Some of them dont look like they get fed well much less can take control

of match.

Don't we ever learn,,, yeah let's buy more players, always the Rangers way, if it's broke, pump more money in.

No, we must have a foundation of how we play the game starting with the youth up to first team, all play same way, then we can bring in youth as they know the system.

Unfortunately, we will never have that with the staff we have at Ibrox, sorry.

I absolutely agree 100%. No we don't ever learn either but right now, we cannot deny Ally needs help, help in numbers and quality, there are no kids Ally feels he can rely on as you will see with so many players out of position today. Players being moved here, there and everywhere. We need pace in the final third, real pace. We need flair and skill on both flanks and we need a footballer next to Ian Black. That is just middle to front.

Maybe that's the problem with those that are defending him to the hilt. Opinions on him as a manager shouldn't be based on what he done for us as a player.

I find it funny. Most people are highlighting the very real obstacles that are hindering us but the points just get dismissed. Papaguy has done it a few times, effectively disregarding peoples points and labelling them as 'Ally lovers' or something equally silly.

Ally McCoist is a full time manager, all of us our 'part time' managers. So if by that comparison Rangers full time players should be humping div 3 part time players then Ally is a better manager than any of us coz he's full-time. I mean fuck me, he has badges! What have any of you got?

like others have said give him a chance ffs, he has an unsettled team at the mo, yes we should be pumping teams like that but remember they will try there arse off against us, name the managers oot there that are gonnae come to us at the mo? get a grip and give him the chance we will win this league by 15-20 points if the players start playing and not fuck about it is down to them

Ally McCoist is a full time manager, all of us our 'part time' managers. So if by that comparison Rangers full time players should be humping div 3 part time players then Ally is a better manager than any of us coz he's full-time. I mean fuck me, he has badges! What have any of you got?

I think my dead hamster could obtain management coaching badges. Does anybody ever fail these pathetic courses? You do not need to be a rocket scientist to be a good manager.

*this is not a slight on Ally for the easily offended, just management 'qualifications' in general.

I find it funny. Most people are highlighting the very real obstacles that are hindering us but the points just get dismissed. Papaguy has done it a few times, effectively disregarding peoples points and labelling them as 'Ally lovers' or something equally silly.

i agree that there are obstacles. my point is that these really should not matter when we consider where we are. my concern is that people actually think its absolutely fine to be struggling against teams in these divisions (i include the Falkirk game during the week as well). any time i played in league cup games at U21, and a team from a couple of divisions above you turned up, you got horsed generally. imo the gulf between us and the other teams in our league should be greater, since we have not only the facilities, but have the money to pay for the correct staff to train us physically and train us tactically. i am more amazed that people can dismiss this.

i don't think it's about changing players rather getting the ones we've got to pass a ball better we are a full time time,so what the hell do we do in training?

But,surely,you have been saying that for years?Under Walter as well?Our passing has been shit for years,under other managers and with better players.Oh how quickly we forget!