Why are we still singing about the UVF

StewGers

Touche. Still other, more relevant regiments/divisions that could be honoured in song. Yet somehow its the UVF thats the one chosen. You'd almost think it was more do to with the fact the fought the ira than anything to do with the somme :rolleyes:

But theres nothing wrong with figjting Terrorists.

I'm not disputing that. Sing about current regiments or divisions. They are fighting terrorists now. Or do they not count because they aren't roman catholic terrorists?

The IRA were and are not exclusively RC's. We also sing about them fighting the Germans who were also not exclsuively RC's

The IRA were and are not exclusively RC's. We also sing about them fighting the Germans who were also not exclsuively RC's

Not exclusively, but generally speaking the IRA's 'volunteers' would be considered to be Roman Catholic yes?

What songs are sung at games about the UVF fighting the Germans?

Not exclusively, but generally speaking the IRA's 'volunteers' would be considered to be Roman Catholic yes?

My memory it strays back again to nineteen forty one,

When Ulsters shores were threatened,

By the Jackboot of the h**,

And Ulsters people rallied round,

They knew they need not fear,

For the knew God was on their side,

And the Ulster Volunteers.

Also one of the most well known "fenians" was protestant

My memory it strays back again to nineteen forty one,

When Ulsters shores were threatened,

By the Jackboot of the h**,

And Ulsters people rallied round,

They knew they need not fear,

For the knew God was on their side,

And the Ulster Volunteers.

Also one of the most well known "fenians" was protestant

Well, if ever you were in doubt about the contribution of the UVF at the somme, those stirring lyrics certainly painted a clear picture and showed how much we owe them :rolleyes:

Yes, Wolfe Tone was a protestant. We know. Good for him. He believed in the same sky fairy wearing a slightly different hat.

Do you not want to join in the singing ? then dont, do you want to pick and choose what everyone else sings about ? start your own songs then, but dont fucking tell the majority of fans what to sing as they are already singing the songs the majority of fans want to sing, it really is that simple.

I can certainly say in almost 20 years of attending games I've never heard that inside a stadium once.

You have never heard daddys uniform?

Yet this is one of the songs the OP has his knickers in a fankle about.

Daddys uniform has always been sung by the Rangers support and BF1 are bringing it back.

We sing about the UVF because we want to ,simple as that

Rangers have a massive loyalist element and in response to this show it at games. We then have another bunch of fans who like an atmosphere at the football and probably dont care much about the UVF, the RAF or anything else but will join in with the singing. We then have the pies who come on a message board to greet about "songs"

I have never once felt anything but pride when being amongst the Rangers support in full flow, no matter if its a Rangers song or Loyalist song. Wether some like it or not. The largest element of our support are proud British loyalists which is shown at away games.

You have never heard daddys uniform?

Yet this is one of the songs the OP has his knickers in a fankle about.

Daddys uniform has always been sung by the Rangers support and BF1 are bringing it back.

I cant say I've heard that verse correct. I've never once heard Rangers fans singing about 'h***'

Do you not want to join in the singing ? then dont, do you want to pick and choose what everyone else sings about ? start your own songs then, but dont fucking tell the majority of fans what to sing as they are already singing the songs the majority of fans want to sing, it really is that simple.

If it is the majority then why are the 'loyalist' fans also pissing and moaning about the fact that only BF1 sings? Some fucking majority that. One section of the whole stadium is the majority? School did you go to?

If it is the majority then why are the 'loyalist' fans also pissing and moaning about the fact that only BF1 sings? Some fucking majority that. One section of the whole stadium is the majority? School did you go to?

So why are the other three stands not singing Rangers songs then ? so your saying the singing section should not sing ? get a fucking grip if you dont like the songs dont fucking sing, as for what school I went to, thats fuck all to do with you, tossers like you are always whining about something ffs its a football match man up or go watch the fucking tennis

Rangers have a massive loyalist element and in response to this show it at games. We then have another bunch of fans who like an atmosphere at the football and probably dont care much about the UVF, the RAF or anything else but will join in with the singing. We then have the pies who come on a message board to greet about "songs"

I have never once felt anything but pride when being amongst the Rangers support in full flow, no matter if its a Rangers song or Loyalist song. Wether some like it or not. The largest element of our support are proud British loyalists which is shown at away games.

(tu) This

So why are the other three stands not singing Rangers songs then ? so your saying the singing section should not sing ? get a fucking grip if you dont like the songs dont fucking sing, as for what school I went to, thats fuck all to do with you, tossers like you are always whining about something ffs its a football match man up or go watch the fucking tennis

You tell me, you're the one claiming the vast majority want to sing about the UVF. I'm simply pointing out that its generally a minority who do sing about them.

Kinda late to point out 'don'tlike the songs, don't sing them' I gathered that for myself years ago and don't sing them. Funnily enough I go to the football to, believe it or not, watch football. Not sing about irish politics.

And of course you have never moaned on an internet mesage board. Not once. Mr Positivity. Only reason I asked which school you went to is that they seem to have failed to teach you the difference between a majority and a minority thats all.