Why are we still singing about the UVF

StewGers

I have to say as a Chelsea fan I've often wondered why Scottish fans bother singing about a conflict in Northern Ireland.

Let the scum sing about murderers and terrorists.

At Chelsea there are songs that are sung in certain pubs before the game that we cant/wont sing inside The Bridge, eg. 10 German Bombers, No Surrender, Chelsea Allouette and I Wanna Be a Chelsea Ranger, Spurs are on their way to Auschwitz etc etc. On away days these songs will be sung on the trains and in the pubs but we rarely sing them in grounds.

Everyone knows the great tradition and history of Rangers. Leave the sectarian songs in the pub beforehand and sing them after the game. For 90 minutes surely its better to support the team on the pitch.

KTBFFH/WATP

Obviously Spurs are on their way to Auchwitz isn't gonna be sung in a ground but whats wrong with 10 German Bombers, Chelsea Allouette etc?

Yes on rule for one and one for another. This whole its ok to sing UVF from some og our fans. The same fans would be outraged and disgusted if Celtic where singing pro IRA songs right?

It’s a false analogy though.

The UVF or Ulster Volunteers of the early 20th century were not a terrorist organisation.

The IRA from every period have been engaged in what most people would call politics designed to terrorise or torture.

The suggestion that the IRA from the early 20th century was some kind of decent benevolent force is just ludicrous.

Not only did the old IRA target Protestants on a relentless basis, they also targeted many Catholics. They shot Catholics who didn’t agree with them, as they were leaving mass.

The fact is the majority of Rangers supporters find the so called loyalist support embarrassing!!!

Some of the songs you sing are cringe worthy!

More Rangers supporters are required to be critical of you and what you stand for!

Personally I couldn’t care less what you think of me or the majority of others who share my views

as I have no respect for you!

The fact is the majority of Rangers supporters find the so called loyalist support embarrassing!!!

More Rangers supporters are required to be critical of you and what you stand for!

Personally I couldn’t care less what you think of me or the majority of others who share my views

[/quote

Why are you called leanna if your a male ? is it because your post is like a little bitch whining ? its like fucking taig central around here just now

36th Ulster Division my fellow ulster men charged threw bullets and threw bombs . with there brothers and friends dying beside them . they kept charging with our red hand flying high for the freedom of every citizen in the UK. they done the single most bravest act ever seen in ww1 or 2. im proud that they where my country men. and i still get goose bumps thinking about the sacrifice those men made. every single house in ulster was affected by how many men where lost...... but at the same time we hold our head high and say the ulster men never surrenderd. and btw englishmen welshmen and scots had to go to war...... ulstermen didnt have to those men volunteered to fight in that war for the crown and for ulster. keep singing the songs about the old UVF bears. and always be proud singing about those men. HOW DARE ANYONE TELL ME TO BE ASHAMED FOR SINGING ABOUT THE BRAVE ULSTERMEN. no surrender old ulsters battle cry . :ulster: :ulster: :ulster: :ulster: :ulster: :ulster: :ulster: :ulster: :ulster: :ulster:

And we will never forget them.

God Bless them all who fell.

Personally I couldn't care less what you think of me or the majority of others who share my views

Women talking about football is the most annoying fucking thing ever. You don't have a clue about football never mind what the songs are about.

Can you disagree with singing songs with reference to Northern Ireland without being branded a taig?

apparently not - i got -3 reps for calling 'build my gallows' embarrasing. it's pathetic. I appreciate we have a large faction of our support come from nornire, which is great, but we're a football club from glasgow. I've never set foot in ireland, northern or rep, bewilders me why we sing of it as being 'home'.

i think it's safe to assume you've never been at Ibrox when the place is rocking to The Sash or No Surrender :sherlock:

There's few enough not singing along and even less trying to hide any 'embarrassment'.

I have to say as a Chelsea fan I've often wondered why Scottish fans bother singing about a conflict in Northern Ireland.

At Chelsea there are songs that are sung in certain pubs before the game that we cant/wont sing inside The Bridge, eg. 10 German Bombers, No Surrender, Chelsea Allouette and I Wanna Be a Chelsea Ranger, Spurs are on their way to Auschwitz etc etc. On away days these songs will be sung on the trains and in the pubs but we rarely sing them in grounds.

Everyone knows the great tradition and history of Rangers. Leave the sectarian songs in the pub beforehand and sing them after the game. For 90 minutes surely its better to support the team on the pitch.

KTBFFH/WATP

What's the Chelsea alloette thing all about mate, heard the Chelsea fan's singing this before the friendly couple of years ago in Annie Millers.

KTBFFH/WATP

I'm curious to know why you can't sing 10 German bombers?

36th Ulster Division my fellow ulster men charged threw bullets and threw bombs . with there brothers and friends dying beside them . they kept charging with our red hand flying high for the freedom of every citizen in the UK. they done the single most bravest act ever seen in ww1 or 2. im proud that they where my country men. and i still get goose bumps thinking about the sacrifice those men made. every single house in ulster was affected by how many men where lost...... but at the same time we hold our head high and say the ulster men never surrenderd. and btw englishmen welshmen and scots had to go to war...... ulstermen didnt have to those men volunteered to fight in that war for the crown and for ulster. keep singing the songs about the old UVF bears. and always be proud singing about those men. HOW DARE ANYONE TELL ME TO BE ASHAMED FOR SINGING ABOUT THE BRAVE ULSTERMEN. no surrender old ulsters battle cry . :ulster: :ulster: :ulster: :ulster: :ulster: :ulster: :ulster: :ulster: :ulster: :ulster:

This^^^^ 10 fold!

Before you go forgetting wars take a little time to remember these men.

Rangers players, past or present, who served with distinction during the Great War included:

Dr. James Paterson - Captain - 14th Battalion - London Regiment - London Scottish

Andy Cunningham - 2nd Lieutenant - Gunner - Royal Field Artillery

Jimmy Gordon - Sergeant - Highland Light Infantry

Willie Reid - Gunner - Royal Field Artillery - 52nd Lowland Division

Fred Gray - 2nd Lieutenant - 9th Battalion -Cameronians (Scottish Rifles)

James H. Speirs - 2nd Lieutenant - 7th Battalion - Cameron Highlanders - 15th Scottish Division

Jimmy Galt - 2nd Lieutenant - Argyle and Sutherland Highlanders

John Fleming - Corporal - 8th Battalion - Cameron Highlanders

John Clarke - Rifleman - 16th Battalion - Royal Irish Rifles (36th Ulster Division)

Tommy Muirhead - 2nd Lieutenant - 1st/2nd Battalion - King's Own Scottish Borderers -

David B. Murray - Private - 8th Battalion - Seaforth Highlanders - 15th Scottish Division

Tom Gilchrist - 1st/2nd Battalion - Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders

Finlay Speedie - Private - Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders

Scott Duncan - Signalling Instructor - Royal Field Artillery

Jimmy Low - 2nd Lieutenant - 6th Battalion - Seaforth Highlanders

Tom McDonald - Royal Horse Artillery

John McKeown Bovill - Rifleman - Royal Irish Rifles

Dr. William F. Kivlichan - Lieutenant - Royal Army Medical Corps - attached King's Own African Rifles

Alex Bennett - Cameronians - Scottish Rifles

John Bertram Jackson - Royal Scots Fusiliers

George Turner Livingstone - Royal Army Medical Corps

David Taylor - Royal Field Artillery

Walter Daniel Tull - 2nd Lieutenant - 5th Battalion - Middlesex Regiment

John Rankin - Royal Army Medical Corps

R. Smith - Mechanic - Royal Flying Corps

Sandy Archibald was stationed at the Curragh Camp, Co. Kildare.

Tom Sinclair, James Young, David Brown and Jock Buchanan all served in the British Army - the latter two rising to the rank of Sergeant - although their regiments are unknown.

George Dickson, Jimmy Lister and John McCulloch also served in the Armed Forces during the Great War.

Servicemen who were decorated include:

Jock Buchanan was awarded the Distinguished Conduct Medal

Finlay Speedie and James Speirs the Military Medal

Dr. James Paterson and Fred Gray the Military Cross

and Walter Tull the British War and Victory Medal and the Military Cross

For any who are interested the story of Walter Tull is exceptional and he was certainly an exceptional human being, an amazing man who overcame many prejudices because of the colour of his skin and started wholesale changes in the way the British Army viewed coloured men at the time as the Army viewed 'coloured men of any rank as undesirable' and actual military regulations that stopped "any negro or person of colour" from becoming an officer. Yet Walter Tull was promoted to Sergeant and went on to become the first coloured combat officer in the British Army. A man I am extremely proud to call a Ranger.

And this is the reason we should sing songs about Ulster, northern Ireland and bobby sands? Yeah great justification. I am proud of every member of our armed forces who fought for my countries freedom and against the injustice in this world but when I'm at Ibrox I wanna sing songs about football and the team I love and will support to my dying day