Why are we still singing about the UVF

StewGers

See all this utter fucking shit about people wanting to sing about there team well, were the fuck are all of yous on a Saturday?

When follow follow gets started it's only the TBO or the UBS that start it and Finnish it. The same with four men had a dream every other Saturday etc etc etc.

Were are all of yous because it's only ever TBO and UBS i here singing these songs.

36th Ulster Division my fellow ulster men charged threw bullets and threw bombs . with there brothers and friends dying beside them . they kept charging with our red hand flying high for the freedom of every citizen in the UK. they done the single most bravest act ever seen in ww1 or 2. im proud that they where my country men. and i still get goose bumps thinking about the sacrifice those men made. every single house in ulster was affected by how many men where lost...... but at the same time we hold our head high and say the ulster men never surrenderd. and btw englishmen welshmen and scots had to go to war...... ulstermen didnt have to those men volunteered to fight in that war for the crown and for ulster. keep singing the songs about the old UVF bears. and always be proud singing about those men. HOW DARE ANYONE TELL ME TO BE ASHAMED FOR SINGING ABOUT THE BRAVE ULSTERMEN. no surrender old ulsters battle cry . :ulster: :ulster: :ulster: :ulster: :ulster: :ulster: :ulster: :ulster: :ulster: :ulster:

Bud, I need a little help here!

Last time I was in Belfast was years ago and I visited the "Northern Ireland" club the "Rangers club" and the upstairs "Loyalist club" and the "Liverpool club " Disraeli street if I'm correct?... But I remember visiting a club where they had the 36th div flag on the wall encased in glass it was worn and battered being through what it went through!....but can't quite remember what club that was in?...can you help?

I hope I've not gotten mixed up ! :)

All the Best!

To answer the OP question, the only reason I sing these songs is to join in with creating an atmosphere at games and for a bit of banter. I'm not an orange/loyalist/protestant and I've no family ties to N. Ireland.

I'd be happy if all the songs sung at the game were about Rangers but I suppose if it helps us get behind the team, it will do.

I have only one interest , and thats supporting Rangers . The uvf/uda have no link to Rangers football club and never will . The majority of our songs are special and help drive the team on . Thankfully its only a few songs that are a letdown.

Yeah I agree but I'm also on the side that says the call of Hullo Hullo is well needed within Ibrox again. I would like to drop the billy boys lyrics though I remember when I was younger hearing a version that says 'we are the Rangers boys' This plus a few wee changes here and there and we would be an even greater force to be reckoned with. If new lyrics were officially released by someone everyone would pay attention to, then there would be no mistaking the song and singing old words. Just a suggestion and for all the hardcore loyalists who hate the idea of changing to Rangers lyrics - would you rather we lose the cry of Hullo Hullo altogether? because no matter how much you find it unjust or wrong to be censored it will never be allowed and fans will continue to be arrested and team fined

See all this utter fucking shit about people wanting to sing about there team well, were the fuck are all of yous on a Saturday?

When follow follow gets started it's only the TBO or the UBS that start it and Finnish it. The same with four men had a dream every other Saturday etc etc etc.

Were are all of yous because it's only ever TBO and UBS i here singing these songs.

Usually around bf4 mate, not that many around join in

How about the 49,000 who dont then like to sing or hear loyalist songs drown them out with Rangers songs?

I just want Ibrox to be rocking. I'll sing along with whatever is going just to help the atmosphere. I hate sitting on my arse watching football and I like a big atmosphere. It reminds me of my youth :rolleyes:

Aye so if the whole place joined in the rangers songs then ignored the loyalist ones maybe the songs you prefer would dominate the singing?

So why does no one join in like the copland the govan main stand etc. But you'll always get people telling you what not to sing etc.

Why don't you start singing the Rangers songs then, and the rest will join in. Don't just sing for a minute and then sit baclk down. Do it for the whole game every game.

It just feels like some people are just waiting for the "naughty songs" then run on here and tell everyone why they shouldn't be doing it.

I know another set of supporters who do this aswell. rolleyes.gif

Disclaimer - not trying to either condone or condemn the supporters singing these songs.

To understand the propensity of Rangers fans, especially at away games, to sing Orange / Loyalist songs you must look at the past year.

Our club was within a whisker of extinction which was traumatic enough.

We have been well and truly screwed over by our last two chairmen.

We have received little support from within the Scottish footballing community.

We have been kicked by every team in the SPL and their fhans

We have been fined, punished, banned from signing new players and fined again by the SFA

We are banned from European competition for three years

We have been demoted to the lowest tier of Scottish football

We have been the victim of media sponsored hate campaigns

Every miniscule decision effecting the club has been negatively reported on the front page of every national newspaper

We have been the victim of levels of vitriol and hatred never before witnessed in UK sport

Not excusing the supporters but perhaps they are just angry and 'venting their collective spleen' in the only manner they know how. They are angry --- and I don't blame THEM AS i MYSELF ARE ANGRY.

The songs are not about the YCV, UVF etc.

The songs are purely an extension of the 'no one likes us' (YOU HAVE ALL PROVEN THAT ' )

'and we don't care' --- WE WILL PROVE THAT BY SINGING SONGS THAT WE KNOW WILL ANNOY OUR DETRACTORS.

Don't see these songs going away anytime soon.

I never suggested it was in any way sectarian. Nor do i suggest that we should not be proud to be british and sing songs celebrating that.

However, I would suggest that most people, including many of the fans who sing them, associate the UVF songs (rightly or wrongly) with the 1960's version and not with the Ulster Voulunteers who fought as part of the British Army.

I was simply pointing out that i dont see why we sing these songs at Rangers games and that i think it does the clubs repuatation no good. The responses i Have been getting as expected are ultra defensive, you must be a taig, what about the scum bags singing about the IRA etc etc.

Dont think the fans should do it and thats my final word on the matter.

I suggest you talk pish.

What is happening to our support??

Yes freedom of speech is a right which should be protected, I completely agree, however trying to apply freedom of speech as a logical reason to sing about fenians and the UVF is pathetic. Do you feel it is wrong that I can be arrested for walking up to a random black person and shouting 'fucking n***er' in his face? Or should that be ok as it erodes our right speech? Would you be quite happy for IRA protest marches to take place regularly and for them to have public rallies? Free Speech after all. Or that crazy islamist fella with the hook, his preaching of hatred was ok because he was only exercising his right to free speech regardless of the fact he proclaimed that wanted the indigineous population of the country he lived in dead.

What are you on about Yankee? :rolleyes:

The South will rise again. :sherlock:

Yeah I agree but I'm also on the side that says the call of Hullo Hullo is well needed within Ibrox again. I would like to drop the billy boys lyrics though I remember when I was younger hearing a version that says 'we are the Rangers boys' This plus a few wee changes here and there and we would be an even greater force to be reckoned with. If new lyrics were officially released by someone everyone would pay attention to, then there would be no mistaking the song and singing old words. Just a suggestion and for all the hardcore loyalists who hate the idea of changing to Rangers lyrics - would you rather we lose the cry of Hullo Hullo altogether? because no matter how much you find it unjust or wrong to be censored it will never be allowed and fans will continue to be arrested and team fined

Tried this ages ago mate, I had it on an old (official) Rangers tape. Put up the words but nothing.

I find it funny when people moan about what we sing, I sit in bf1, the atmosphere is rocking. I'll sing anything that everyone else is singing.

Now I know for a fact most of the stadium doesn't sing along.

But almost every single time the WHOLE stadium sings " We are Rangers, Super Rangers, no one likes us, we don't care" AND they include the part we are "not allowed to sing" Double standards here.

And this is the reason we should sing songs about Ulster, northern Ireland and bobby sands? Yeah great justification. I am proud of every member of our armed forces who fought for my countries freedom and against the injustice in this world but when I'm at Ibrox I wanna sing songs about football and the team I love and will support to my dying day

You obviously have no idea why I posted that, try reading it again.

I find it funny when people moan about what we sing, I sit in bf1, the atmosphere is rocking. I'll sing anything that everyone else is singing.

Now I know for a fact most of the stadium doesn't sing along.

But almost every single time the WHOLE stadium sings " We are Rangers, Super Rangers, no one likes us, we don't care" AND they include the part we are "not allowed to sing" Double standards here.

I hate that the rest of the stadium is silent. Unless I've had more than my usual pre-match refreshments I feel like a tit joining in with the singing when the rest of the section is like a morgue.

I've got personal matters that means I can't make every game so will buy individual tickets and hopefully things are sorted out by the time the half-season tickets are available and I'm going to get as close to TBO as possible, hopefully even the next section over has a bit more singers.