Latest TV figures - and they're down again

Peasie

Very interesting. Hope you keep posting these details. As you say the numbers probably do not make good reading for Sky / ESPN execs. 2 points might be worth considering. (1) They stick with it even if the figures are low and the football product on show is crap to keep some sort of commercial relationship with the SPL ticking over in the hope that we return to playing in the SPHell and their good times return; and (2) they could move it to a comedy channel and maybe get more viewers that way.

Wonder what escape clauses Sky and ESPN have in their contracts? For example, if the numbers consistently fell below average of 'x' then they'd exercise a right to walk away. There must come a point where the cost of setting up and transmitting at these awful football grounds start to outweigh the benefits.

Rest assured there will be exit clauses and reduction clauses because the SPL lost their one USP and negotiating chip and that was Old Firm games.

The ESPN figures can sort of be taken out of the equation cos there are a lot less people who subscribe to that. If i were Sky the more interesting figure I would be looking at is the Dundee Derby.....this is one of the big games that was put up as bankers for them, look ok Rangers are not here, but look at the excitement we have, we have the Dundee Derby back, a sure fire ratings hit......hahahahahahahahahaha,

The ESPN figures can sort of be taken out of the equation cos there are a lot less people who subscribe to that. If i were Sky the more interesting figure I would be looking at is the Dundee Derby.....this is one of the big games that was put up as bankers for them, look ok Rangers are not here, but look at the excitement we have, we have the Dundee Derby back, a sure fire ratings hit......hahahahahahahahahaha,

Hearts-Hibs last year had 96,000 and 87,000 on ESPN last year. This year it was 25,000 for the first one.

Hibs-Hearts on Sky last year had 260,000.

You can't escape the massive drop in viewers this year.