The singing of our national anthem at the end of games

Gaz52

Do any of you have a problem with this?

Reason I ask is on Sunday whilst it was being sung at the end like it is in every one of our games, a group of guys in front of me took issue with it "Shut up with this shite" "Don't even know why they sing it"

Now it could have been frustration after the performance. I always thought our full support were proud to sing this but could it be the case that some of our supporters actually don't like/agree with it? If any of you are on here, explain why please?

Not wanting to cause a shit storm here, just looking for honest opinions.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Reason I ask is on Sunday whilst it was being sung at the end like it is in every one of our games, a group of guys in front of me took issue with it "Shut up with this shite" "Don't even know why they sing it"

Now it could have been frustration after the performance. I always thought our full support were proud to sing this but could it be the case that some of our supporters actually don't like/agree with it? If any of you are on here, explain why please?

Should've told them to "Fuck off"

You see if these guys keep going with this it will rip our fanbase to shreds.I kid you not.

I encountered this up the Broomloan and almost got into a rammy with two so called Rangers fans who muttered Fuck the Q---n.

I went ballistic .And they scurried out in a hurray.

It better fucking stop or there will be a fucking civil war.And i aint kidding.

On that note I intend to start the National Anthem in the west enclosure on Sunday against the Teuchters.

See what happens .

It was probably that Bluepeter guy and his Jacobite pals. (tu)

You see if these guys keep going with this it will rip our fanbase to shreds.I kid you not.

I encountered this up the Broomloan and almost got into a rammy with two so called Rangers fans who muttered Fuck the Q---n.

See what happens .

Probably a couple of taigs that "infiltrated" RM, and such is their obsession with Rangers, they've bought a fuckin season ticket :lol:

I swear some of these pricks will buy shares in the club so they can attend the AGM

I'm not looking to cure world hunger, just looking for a discussion amongst other Rangers fans, wanting opinions on something, that's it brother.

With the service you have given RM, almost 14000 posts, you should know how this is going to turn out? I just do not understand why anyone would post such a thing. (tu)

On that note I intend to start the National Anthem in the west enclosure on Sunday against the Teuchters.

I don't understand what you are getting at? Are Elgin supposed to be offended by that?

I think you'll find that most people from northern Scotland have no problem with GSTQ, andthe majority of dissenters are the Glasgow "Irish" and their ilk.

Also.......If Elgin are Teuchters then weegies come from Edinburgh. ;)

should be sung AT ANY TIME during a game in my opinion. Had one wee fanny try to tell me to wait until the end of the game before singing it!! (although im not complaining about it being sung at that time)

I don't understand what you are getting at? Are Elgin supposed to be offended by that?

I think you'll find that most people from northern Scotland have no problem with GSTQ, andthe majority of dissenters are the Glasgow "Irish" and their ilk.

Also.......If Elgin are Teuchters then weegies come from Edinburgh. ;)

Ha knew you would bite.

Weegies from Edinburgh thats a good yin.