Gaz52

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No its the National Anthem pal .

I take it you have a problem with it.

Then get used to it gonna hear it a lot on Sunday .That is if ye go tae Ibrox.And I am for real .Are you ?

This present situation with Rebels SNP lovers will cause trouble in our Stadium .

Thats my opinion.And the fact is I have already witnessed trouble inside Ibrox with these troublemakers.

I stated my problem with it.....pal.

It is downbeat and dull.

I will be at Ibrox and I imagine i'll hear it once(at the end).

I dont give a shit if its sung all day...all I was saying is its a mighty dull noise that adds nothing to my Gers experience.

Either way,I'm not expecting civil war!!!

So what your saying is God save the Queen isnt about the Monarchy.

Interesting.

I swore an Oath of Alliegance to Her Majest, and it meant a lot as far as serving her in my time in the RAF.

The monarchy is the theme of it of course, I just meant that it's the national anthem and people should respect that whatever royal family views.

Didn't sound dour when 80k at the Olympic stadium or the tens of thousands at eaton Dawney absolutely sung the shit outta of it a few weeks ago...bought tears to my eyes every time...even andy Murray sung it FFS!

Do any of you have a problem with this?

Reason I ask is on Sunday whilst it was being sung at the end like it is in every one of our games, a group of guys in front of me took issue with it "Shut up with this shite" "Don't even know why they sing it"

Now it could have been frustration after the performance. I always thought our full support were proud to sing this but could it be the case that some of our supporters actually don't like/agree with it? If any of you are on here, explain why please?

Not wanting to cause a shit storm here, just looking for honest opinions.

I'm of an age that can remember it being played at the end of a film at the cinema and when the telly shut down before 12 midnight and at the end of the evening in the British Legion. After a while it seemed irrelevant to me and as the majority of folk in these public places left as the anthem started so did I and my family. If you had a bus to catch or a train, get out quick before the rush started. But if you feel that strongly about it, go ahead. I think you'll find in 20/30 years time that you'll have other things that will take priority over this.

Didn't sound dour when 80k at the Olympic stadium or the tens of thousands at eaton Dawney absolutely sung the shit outta of it a few weeks ago...bought tears to my eyes every time...even andy Murray sung it FFS!

I was at the Queen concert at he Glasgow Apollo and it was played after We Are The Champions. Fucking magic. the entire crowd belted it out, never tire of hearing it.

As a song it does a great job at winding up other fans but personally I'm not a fan of the actual song. It's pretty turgid but if people want to sing it then more power to them.

I don't sing it to wind other fans up, I sing it because it's a beautiful anthem and it makes me feel proud to be Protestant and British. Whenever I hear it I feel a warmth just like when I see a union flag, there's just something special about both. I used to love it when it was played last thing at night on tv or when he was sung last in a hall, here or over in NI. Love it at the Olympics and I love it at the football.

As a song it means nothing to me, a forelock tugging dirge celebrating inherited wealth and power. I just don't sing it though, I have no issue with anyone who does.

Agree 100% with this. Just not that great a national anthem. Dirge is about right. But no issue with anyone who does sing it.

i love our national anthem.. i can trace my own routes over the four corners of the uk so it means a great deal to me as does the union flag. all this being said if it is sung with pride and honour then i dont have a problem with it :uk:

I stated my problem with it.....pal.

It is downbeat and dull.

I will be at Ibrox and I imagine i'll hear it once(at the end).

I dont give a shit if its sung all day...all I was saying is its a mighty dull noise that adds nothing to my Gers experience.

Either way,I'm not expecting civil war!!!

Well there are some people who would wish us dead for singing it, trust me some of them are sadly amongst us now.

It is a serious subject .I am expecting trouble because thats how much they hate us.

But I am glad you dont mind it.

I think the national anthem should be played after the final whistle at ever home game. No one permitted to leave and all fans must stand until the song is finished.

That'll fuk up the subway loyal. :doh:P

It should be played before every game with both teams lined up facing the Union Flag giving it due reverence

It was probably that Bluepeter guy and his Jacobite pals. (tu)

Bliuepeter wont like this - however as a narssisist I assume you mean me - but despite being in favour of Scottish Independence I also believe 'The' Queen is my monarch- is now- will be after independence and as such I have nothing against GSTQ! (Oh and I wisnae there!)