5 Signings my backside

sergi1980

what the fuck is it with the forum today and all these pishy posts.

the rangers made the biggest moves in the transfer window by a long fucking way. templeton is THE biggest talent around. FACT.

Once we get to KO tomorrow shit will settle down again. We need to get a game out the way to blow off some steam. Poor Elgin

There are folk on here that would argue with a mirror at the moment.

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ALLY McCOIST planned to restructure his Rangers squad — but was only able to being in one Temp.

SunSport can reveal the Ibrox manager held contract talks with SEVEN other players on the transfer deadline day.

Hearts ace David Templeton was top of his list with McCoist able to sign him on a four-year deal. But the Gers boss was left frustrated with the names he ultimately missed out on.

Former Reading defender Andre Bikey, 27, travelled to Glasgow for talks and was even given a guided TOUR of Ibrox — only to return south without putting pen to paper.

Stopper Bikey was prepared to play in the Third Division but it’s understood that talks collapsed because of the wages on offer.

Four other moves also fell by the wayside in the hours and then minutes before the window shut.

As we exclusively revealed last week Templeton’s Tynecastle team-mate Ryan McGowan was on McCoist’s wish-list.

The Aussie was given permission to hold talks with Gers at Murray Park but at the 11th hour the midfielder snubbed the move, fearing playing in the Scottish Third Division would wreck his international career.

We can now reveal McCoist also made a bold attempt to lure Jambos skipper Marius Zaliukas to Ibrox but ran out of time to strike an agreement.

Two other deals were discussed for Genk midfielder Elyaniv Barda and DC United striker Hamdi Salihi, who was Nikica Jelavic’s team-mate at Rapid Vienna.

Cardiff City’s Israeli stopper Dekel Keinan was also a possibility alongside his team-mate and Wales striker Robert Earnshaw. In the end, Ibrox chief Charles Green only sanctioned the deal for Templeton with McCoist now unable to sign any more players for the next 16 MONTHS due to their signing ban.

That leaves him seriously short of personnel after watching first-team players Kirk Broadfoot, Mo Edu and Carlos Bocanegra join the list of star players to exit.

McCoist has signed Dean Shiels, Kevin Kyle, Ian Black and Francisco Sandaza from the SPL — with Sebastien Faure, Emilson Cribari and Anestis Argyriou also joining the club.

McCoist, unable to add to his squad till 2014, said: “It’s important for everyone to remember where we are in the rebuilding process and that we are building for the future.”

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/leaguedivision3/4516564/At-sixes-and-sevens.html#ixzz25GXBrWzY

Frankly, no way we needed all those players.

Mike Ashley wants to double his 1 million.

DUN DUN DUN!!!!

2 million will sink us!!! WE ARE DOOOOOOOMED!!!

You've discounted the reconstruction on the way. its not 5 or 6 years, not at all. In fact, Id be surprised if we are not back in a new topflight the very season before we are eligible to enter Euro competitions again.

They all want to double their money.

They all want to double their money.

So what? Is that the smoking gun then? Business men in making a tidy profit shocker?

Considering how little its cost them to buy the club or invest, I'd say double was the least they could expect.

People say "double their money", but are at pains to leave out the actual sums invested. Ashley is in for a million, if he wanted his money this time next year, and we had to pay him, you think 2 million is going to hurt us?

Give up.

By the end of the cooling off period we will have then raised another £30m, that's two years season-ticket sales. Fans will be allowed to participate and if fans don't want to participate then all those that are lining up will take the shares.

“No one will be able to say that Charles Green didn't allow us to buy shares, because anybody can buy shares. By the end of July, we will have £30m-plus in the bank

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/rangers/9322679/Charles-Green-Rangers-fans-can-trust-my-takeover.html

I put the link so you can read the entire fantasy. Nowhere does it say this money depends on a cva or participation in the spl.

Are you joking or just daft???

Your original comment was:

"The £30m was never dependent on a cva, he quite clearly said it would be in our account come July. There was NO stipulations."

You have quoted an incomplete sentence to defend your claim, the full sentence is actually:

"By the end of July, we will have £30m-plus in the bank from the share issue".

So it is quite clear that there is a stipulation and that the 30m was dependant on a share issue. You deliberately missed out the end of the sentence to suit your own argument. The share issue has obviously not taken place yet.

Some other quotes from the source you referenced to ridicule your argument that there were no stipulations are:

"By the end of the cooling off period we will have then raised another £30m, that's two years season-ticket sales." - the cooling off period Mr Green is referring to, is the 28 days after CVA is accepted (and obviously it was not accepted).

"Let's assume CVA goes ahead. Any money that comes in between the approval and the cooling off period (28 days from Thursday) is all ring-fenced." - Here is Mr Green explaining what the cooling off period is.

“Some of the people don't want to play ball if it's newco, some are happy either way - Mr green talking about his consortium prior to the CVA decision. So he is saying that some investors are not interested if we do not get a CVA (which obviously means less money invested)

I think this proves beyond all doubt, that your original statement was wrong, that you tried to defend your statement by editing and misquoting Mr Green's comments to suit your agenda and that you are clearly....... A DAFTY! :craphead:

In that case get a grip of yourself.

We've had five new signings not onei, and of the three that were the subject of recent speculation, we signed two. Another, MacGowan only pulled out at the last minute because of fears it may jeapordise his international hopes.

Ally said he hoped to sign five new players not that he would. Big difference.

Ive calmed down now, i was OTT yesterday guys.

Apologies

Disappointed McCoist admitted: “I said before I’d have been happier with four or five in but we got one or two in and one out.

“The maths would tell you I am not particularly happy but we know now where we are and what we’ve got.

“We are a little thin on the ground in defensive areas so we will have to carry a bit of luck in terms of injuries and suspensions. But we just get on with it.

“It just didn’t happen in terms of other deals. Neil Murray, our chief scout, was great and produced a list of players but unfortunately it just didn’t happen.”

Aye, i dont know what we would have done if the good samaritan green didnt come along and save us from the goodness of his heart. Wakey wakey. The only person that said we were fucked without green, was erm green. Funny that.

Im sure there was nobody else that would have paid £5.5m for a debt free Rangers. Green must be putting something in the water in Glasgow, because its shocking how much support he has. Maybe from a distance its easier to see the bullshit.

And probably easier to ignore it and let us get on with supporting the club, and Mr Green.

On a positive note, the emergence of our young players has reduced the need to buy significantly. I would have liked another central defender but remember Faure can play there, Greek can play there and even big Lee

Legend can play there if needed. I'm a happy man we have some of the best attacking talent and it's a joy to watch us move the ball with pace and real intent.

Aye, im bitter someone told lies to buy our club, again. Im sure i will be banned again soon. Not following the party line is frowned upon, thats why the site is full of people like you. The threads i like the most are the ones slagging FF, such hypocrites. This place is just as bad if you dont agree with the majority. I'll fight green till my last breath if i have to. Fuck him.

Good luck wae that. He's more likely tae "fuck" you.

And if you're so serious about fighting Green, why the fuck are ye wasting valuable time oan here slagging everybody aff that dares tae disagree wae ye?

What steps have the nose out of joint lot, the hold a grudgers, the downright idiotic made towards green, or is it just a bit oh bluster online?

We seem fine the now, the right intentions being made and actions by the right people, what's so so bad that you have to come on a forum to muster some backup or to get people to believe you.

I'm all for facts to be put up on here, mot he said this and done that but something really really substantial in order to make claims valid.