5 Signings my backside

sergi1980

Instead of telling me to "fuck off", try acting like an adult and do the maths of what has happened this week. We have an understrength squad no matter what way we look at it, and its due to cutting costs and lack of investment. I wonder how much we offered Mcgowen to get him to knock us back.

Im over the moon we have finally got Templeton, but im not naive enough to not realise what is happening. Green could give Dynamo a run for his money with his smoke and mirrors.

You're way off the mark. Our current squad has ability to win SPL. It has a 1st team wage bill (£7m) of more than all the teams entire squads in div 1,2 and 3 put together?! t has the second highest wage bill in SPL. You do the maths....

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're way off the mark. Our current squad has ability to win SPL. It has a 1st team wage bill (£7m) of more than all the teams entire squads in div 1,2 and 3 put together?! t has the second highest wage bill in SPL. You do the maths....

I have done the maths and i doubt our wage bill is now 7 million, i also doubt we would win the spl with this squad. Did Hearts win it last year, and i missed it?

One thing i do know, is since Mr Green walked through the door, we have "bought" one player. Hardly a sign of major investment coming from his direction. 4 players walked this week to the tune of 35k plus a week in wages. Whats Templeton and Stella pulling? Less than 10k for the two easily i would guess. Hes some boy to do all that and still have majorites support.

I have done the maths and i doubt our wage bill is now 7 million, i also doubt we would win the spl with this squad. Did Hearts win it last year, and i missed it?

One thing i do know, is since Mr Green walked through the door, we have "bought" one player. Hardly a sign of major investment coming from his direction. 4 players walked this week to the tune of 35k plus a week in wages. Whats Templeton and Stella pulling? Less than 10k for the two easily i would guess. Hes some boy to do all that and still have majorites support.

We're in the 3rd division. Did you expect us to be spending lots of money?

Even if we had gone down the same road and remained in the SPL, we would have been down-sizing. I'm confused by what you think he is supposed to do?

Instead of telling me to "fuck off", try acting like an adult and do the maths of what has happened this week. We have an understrength squad no matter what way we look at it, and its due to cutting costs and lack of investment. I wonder how much we offered Mcgowen to get him to knock us back.

Im over the moon we have finally got Templeton, but im not naive enough to not realise what is happening. Green could give Dynamo a run for his money with his smoke and mirrors.

Fuck off

You should go around the various SFL club forums and see if they agree with this

you're entitled to your opinion but the wage bill is £7m (fact). I said this squad has core players that have the "ability" to win SPL not that they'd win it tomorrow. In 3 years this young side having won every league its played in and a few cups will walk all over Celtic's then ageing squad.

Why would you keep Goian, Broadfoot, Boca, Edu, Bedoya at £20k a week each and no more ability than our current back 4? The fact that Green has replaced them with Shiels, re signed Little, Black, Templeton, Kyle, Stella, Greek guy, persuaded young McKay and McCloed to stay when we had offers for them from Arsenal etc etc etc at a fraction of the costs shows that he's an astute businessman. Once back in Europe we will end up with a business model that throws up profits of £20m + every year to re invest in the club. You're a muppet with no idea what you're talking about. Troll

you're entitled to your opinion but the wage bill is £7m (fact). I said this squad has core players that have the "ability" to win SPL not that they'd win it tomorrow. In 3 years this young side having won every league its played in and a few cups will walk all over Celtic's then ageing squad.

Why would you keep Goian, Broadfoot, Boca, Edu, Bedoya at £20k a week each and no more ability than our current back 4? The fact that Green has replaced them with Shiels, re signed Little, Black, Templeton, Kyle, Stella, Greek guy, persuaded young McKay and McCloed to stay when we had offers for them from Arsenal etc etc etc at a fraction of the costs shows that he's an astute businessman. Once back in Europe we will end up with a business model that throws up profits of £20m + every year to re invest in the club. You're a muppet with no idea what you're talking about. Troll

Woah woah woah.

I do agree that AmericanSun is goin OTT but where are you getting your facts from?

£7m - where does that figure come from? Genuinely don't know what our wage bill is but have never heard any specific figures

secondly, when did we turn down offers for McKay and McLeod from Arsenal?

Finally, I think your figures of £20m profit every year from Europe is a little ambitious, and invested back into the team? £20m? Don't think so somehow.

Woah woah woah.

I do agree that AmericanSun is goin OTT but where are you getting your facts from?

£7m - where does that figure come from? Genuinely don't know what our wage bill is but have never heard any specific figures

secondly, when did we turn down offers for McKay and McLeod from Arsenal?

Finally, I think your figures of £20m profit every year from Europe is a little ambitious, and invested back into the team? £20m? Don't think so somehow.

All I can say is that I know a lot more than most people. the 1st team squad wage bill inc NI is £7m. We did turn down approaches and I saw Green speaking to the young players parents telling them their children could go but they'd never get a game down south whilst we would play them.

Current cost base of club £22m. In Europe we would have revenue of £50m + so I'm being very very conservative with profit figure. Add profits from Sports Direct and the figures get even better....

All I can say is that I know a lot more than most people. the 1st team squad wage bill inc NI is £7m. We did turn down approaches and I saw Green speaking to the young players parents telling them their children could go but they'd never get a game down south whilst we would play them.

Current cost base of club £22m. In Europe we would have revenue of £50m + so I'm being very very conservative with profit figure. Add profits from Sports Direct and the figures get even better....

All sounds very interesting. You'll forgive me if I remain sceptical though.

All sounds very interesting. You'll forgive me if I remain sceptical though.

You're forgiven :)

Don't get me wrong. Next 3 years will be tough financially but when we are back in Europe we will fly. All the figures you have are accurate so you can work out different revenue/profit, loss models from historic financials.

You're forgiven :)

Don't get me wrong. Next 3 years will be tough financially but when we are back in Europe we will fly. All the figures you have are accurate so you can work out different revenue/profit, loss models from historic financials.

Ha I know fuck all about the financial side so i'll leave it to those 'in the know' ;)

Am I to believe that Celtic are making a £50m in revenue from being in Europe this year then?

I thought the figure, essentially for being in the group stage, was around £15m?

Would have thought we might not have been in such a shite situation if we'd made that much money in the 2009/10 and 10/11 seasons, no?

Get OP B7!!

Couple of months ago I was expecting to see a team consisting of 17-19 year olds with absolutely no one coming in! The OP hasn't obviously factored in that season ticket money has been reinvested into the team with wages etc..

I'm very pleased with who we brought in and I'd always have quality over quantity! Just look at last season we brought in a lot of shite rather than get a couple of good players.

lol cool story bro.

Where is the investment coming from to even get us in to europe? So far ive seen nothing from your hero, apart from the initial funds for purchase and to run us for a few weeks. The fans money is running the club, not the investors. If you have the time, can you break down where this 50 million profit comes from if we are in europe? Is this dependent on us winning the champions league or something?

Ha I know fuck all about the financial side so i'll leave it to those 'in the know' ;)

Am I to believe that Celtic are making a £50m in revenue from being in Europe this year then?

I thought the figure, essentially for being in the group stage, was around £15m?

Would have thought we might not have been in such a shite situation if we'd made that much money in the 2009/10 and 10/11 seasons, no?

Not sure if its £15m or £20m can't remember. Remember Celtits wage bill is £26m isn. Ours is £7m!!!!!! in 10 and 11 our wage bill was £20m + hence the shite results. Green is an expert in bringing in quality players for not a lot of money. He's stamped his authority on the squad and club already and he won't be letting that wage bill go up again unless we are back in Europe.

lol cool story bro.

Where is the investment coming from to even get us in to europe? So far ive seen nothing from your hero, apart from the initial funds for purchase and to run us for a few weeks. The fans money is running the club, not the investors. If you have the time, can you break down where this 50 million profit comes from if we are in europe? Is this dependent on us winning the champions league or something?

:sleep1: :sleep1: :sleep1: :sleep1: :sleep1: :sleep1: :sleep1: :sleep1: :sleep1: :sleep1: :sleep1: