5 Signings my backside

sergi1980

lol cool story bro.

Where is the investment coming from to even get us in to europe? So far ive seen nothing from your hero, apart from the initial funds for purchase and to run us for a few weeks. The fans money is running the club, not the investors. If you have the time, can you break down where this 50 million profit comes from if we are in europe? Is this dependent on us winning the champions league or something?

You still never responded to my reply earlier. When you knew we were being demoted to division 3, what were you expecting? Big investment? A top playing squad?

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if its £15m or £20m can't remember. Remember Celtits wage bill is £26m isn. Ours is £7m!!!!!! in 10 and 11 our wage bill was £20m + hence the shite results. Green is an expert in bringing in quality players for not a lot of money. He's stamped his authority on the squad and club already and he won't be letting that wage bill go up again unless we are back in Europe.

Well where does the £50m revenue figure come from? Totally aware that Celtic's wage bill is significantly bigger. But if there's £50m revenue coming in, presumably we made profits of at least £20-25m off of the champions league in 09/10 and 10/11? That doesn't seem all that correct.

I'd also suggest that in order to reach Europe, our wage bill will have to increase a fair whack

You still never responded to my reply earlier. When you knew we were being demoted to division 3, what were you expecting? Big investment? A top playing squad?

Sorry dude, i got sidetracked by "intheknows fairy stories. We were promised "big investment" and we were told if we bought books, then Ally could "buy" players. Neither of these has happened. I would at least expect our squad to reflect the amount of money our support has ploughed in to the club. This hasnt happened no matter how you try to dress it up.

Our last chance to buy players for close on 18 months and we buy a tricky injury prone winger while our defence, which was already struggling, is badly neglected. A few injuries to our key players and we will be in trouble.

You're forgiven :)

Don't get me wrong. Next 3 years will be tough financially but when we are back in Europe we will fly. All the figures you have are accurate so you can work out different revenue/profit, loss models from historic financials.

Am I right in saying our wage bill has halved, at the very least?

lol cool story bro.

Where is the investment coming from to even get us in to europe? So far ive seen nothing from your hero, apart from the initial funds for purchase and to run us for a few weeks. The fans money is running the club, not the investors. If you have the time, can you break down where this 50 million profit comes from if we are in europe? Is this dependent on us winning the champions league or something?

We can't play in Europe for 3 years - we are banned Einstein. Who said £50m profit? When we are back in SPL and Europe we will have REVENUE of £50m. Read before you post. Green put in £10m and put his money where his mouth is. What the feck did you do? Have you even bought a season ticket to support the Rangers?

If a clubs wins Champion Leagues prize money is £120m.

In a normalised year when Rangers is back in Europe REVENUE break down is as follows.

Season tickets £20m ie (40,000 @ £500)

Player sales £3m

Sponsorship £5m

Merchandising £10m (ie shirt sales)

Europe £15m-£20m for getting through to group stage.

Try and keep up and add up the various revenue streams. I have put nothing in for developing property out into Ibrox Village, Bringing catering in house. Monetising our media content better etc etc.

The Fans money is not running the club. We have only generated £8.5m from season ticket sales. due to reduced pricing and 25% sales being to juniors who pay half price. Its is the investors cash which is running the club.. for the next 3 years which will be tough

It's a sad day when we have a young, exciting, mostly Scottish squad and playing in the 3rd Division, still drawing capacity crowds to Ibrox, and some cunts still aren't happy.

Lighten up mate, and in the case of a mhank, dry your eyes.

It's a sad day when we have a young, exciting, mostly Scottish squad and playing in the 3rd Division, still drawing capacity crowds to Ibrox, and some cunts still aren't happy.

Lighten up mate, and in the case of a mhank, dry your eyes.

One thing is for sure he is not a Rangers fan, his posts are reeking

lol cool story bro.

One season in the CL group stages can net you 24 million.

Its good to see how knowledgeable you are.

We can't play in Europe for 3 years - we are banned Einstein. Who said £50m profit? When we are back in SPL and Europe we will have REVENUE of £50m. Read before you post. Green put in £10m and put his money where his mouth is. What the feck did you do? Have you even bought a season ticket to support the Rangers?

In a normalised year when Rangers is back in Europe REVENUE break down is as follows.

Player sales £3m

Sponsorship £5m

Try and keep up and add up the various revenue streams. I have put nothing in for developing property out into Ibrox Village, Bringing catering in house. Monetising our media content better etc etc.

The Fans money is not running the club. We have only generated £8.5m from season ticket sales. due to reduced pricing and 25% sales being to juniors who pay half price. Its is the investors cash which is running the club.. for the next 3 years which will be tough

Fair enough, i misread about profit/revenue.

You say we have £8.5m in book sales, but we also have the extra ticket money from buying on the day and cup games, so you can boost that up another couple of million. We must also have a few million in various other streams of income, shirts, sponsers etc. So lets just guess at a total income of 15 million.

Weve spent about 800k? on Templeton and thats it, so you are saying that close to 15 million isnt enough to run our club for a season with our much reduced wage bill? You have already said our wage bill is 7 million, so that leaves around 8 for general expenses.

How much more do these investors have to put in to keep us afloat? My best guess would be zero, and as ive been conservative with our income streem, i would suggest we might even make a profit. Thats before we get started on the share issue, which is expected to raise 20/30 million. Where is that money going? In a bank earning interest until we need to buy for a champions league run?

By the time we get in a position to challenge for the one champions league place, the mhanks will be so far ahead of us, due to uncontested Cl money for 3 years, we will need to invest upwards of 30 million in playing staff just to stand a chance of a CL qualifier.

Dont try piss down the back of my neck and tell me its raining.

Am I right in saying our wage bill has halved, at the very least?

£13m off 1st team squad wage bill since its peak a few years ago. i.e. it was circa £20m + and is now £7m.

I'd argue the squad is now more exciting and in Mcleod, McKay, Heart, Shiels, Templeton, Little we have the core of a fantastic young team which has the ability to be world beaters as they hone their skills anf play uninterrupted with each other for 3 years ( reminds me of when Beckham, Giggs, Scholes , Neville brothers all broke into Man U's team for the first time although have to admit if our players turn out to be only half as good I'd be happy!!!). The manager also gets to hone his skills over the next few years which is great news.

You say we have £8.5m in book sales, but we also have the extra ticket money from buying on the day and cup games, so you can boost that up another couple of million. We must also have a few million in various other streams of income, shirts, sponsers etc. So lets just guess at a total income of 15 million.

Weve spent about 800k? on Templeton and thats it, so you are saying that close to 15 million isnt enough to run our club for a season with our much reduced wage bill? You have already said our wage bill is 7 million, so that leaves around 8 for general expenses.

How much more do these investors have to put in to keep us afloat? My best guess would be zero, and as ive been conservative with our income streem, i would suggest we might even make a profit. Thats before we get started on the share issue, which is expected to raise 20/30 million. Where is that money going? In a bank earning interest until we need to buy for a champions league run?

By the time we get in a position to challenge for the one champions league place, the mhanks will be so far ahead of us, due to uncontested Cl money for 3 years, we will need to invest upwards of 30 million in playing staff just to stand a chance of a CL qualifier.

Yeah cos they went out and splashed all the cash after qualifying this season, didnt they?

No mate, I think you will find that the mhanks of have four years of NO CL money whilst having DOUBLE the wage bill we had, to pay off. They need the CL money to get back on an even keel, nevermind get ahead of us.

Up to their eyeballs mate. Their was more crazy wages than just the Keanes of this world.

One season in the CL group stages can net you 24 million.

Its good to see how knowledgeable you are.

We are so far away from a CL group stage at the moment, that it might as well be 100 million. Unless you think a team full of ex Hearts players is good enough to actually win the spl, we need investment of upwards 30 million just to get a chance of the qualifiers. Are we all really that confident in this current regime to provide that?

You should try look a little bit further than your nose to see where we are heading.

We are so far away from a CL group stage at the moment, that it might as well be 100 million. Unless you think a team full of ex Hearts players is good enough to actually win the spl, we need investment of upwards 30 million just to get a chance of the qualifiers. Are we all really that confident in this current regime to provide that?

You should try look a little bit further than your nose to see where we are heading.

You seem to be switching the points around whenever one you make is squashed. You asked how you get 50 million out of the CL, "By winning it gaffaw gaffaw" is what you said.

I answered your question. How close were are or are not, is irrelevant to the question you asked.

Sorry dude, i got sidetracked by "intheknows fairy stories. We were promised "big investment" and we were told if we bought books, then Ally could "buy" players. Neither of these has happened. I would at least expect our squad to reflect the amount of money our support has ploughed in to the club. This hasnt happened no matter how you try to dress it up.

Our last chance to buy players for close on 18 months and we buy a tricky injury prone winger while our defence, which was already struggling, is badly neglected. A few injuries to our key players and we will be in trouble.

I find it a little odd when people take obvious football cliches and invest in them. Maybe it was just me, but i never expected us to spend what we'd usually spend while playing in the third division. Further to that, i'd be angered if we did, because, frankly, it would be a waste of money.

If we do run into 'trouble,' then it's got nothing to do with a lack of players, it's to do with us putting in shite performances. Anyone claiming otherwise is simply making excuses.

it's literally guys from Serie A, Uefa cup finalists and SPL players against plumbers and shop-workers.

Your claim previously that we are 'understrength' is ludicrous

Player sales £3m

Sponsorship £5m

Ah right, that makes a lot more sense. Previously, it seemed you were claiming we would make £50m from Europe alone.

Fact is, we make £15m from making the champions league group stage. Don't think we make much being in the Europa League, and the liklihood is that that might be where we are playing our European football for a bit, considering Scotland's shite co-efficient.

I appreciate you have a good grasp on the figures but I think there might be a bit of massaging of them there too!

Current fixed cost base is £22m hence on £15m of revenue we will lose £8m a year. Do you honestly think the club only has to pay first team wages???? Admin and Back room staff alone are another £7m. Murray Park and Ibrox cost £6m a year to keep the lights on. Sales and marketing another £2m. Add it all up and its £22m to £23m to keep the doors open.

We definitely need to raise a further £30m to stay competitive for when we get back into full flight football.

You've clearly demonstrated yourself that fan money is NOT running the club. who's pissing on who here? when you get into a debate try and start off from a position where you know something about what you're talking about.

£13m off 1st team squad wage bill since its peak a few years ago. i.e. it was circa £20m + and is now £7m.

I'd argue the squad is now more exciting and in Mcleod, McKay, Heart, Shiels, Templeton, Little we have the core of a fantastic young team which has the ability to be world beaters as they hone their skills anf play uninterrupted with each other for 3 years ( reminds me of when Beckham, Giggs, Scholes , Neville brothers all broke into Man U's team for the first time although have to admit if our players turn out to be only half as good I'd be happy!!!). The manager also gets to hone his skills over the next few years which is great news.

With all due respect, you know absolutely nothing about football if you think our current squad is more exciting than our previous. Its all relative to the opposition. Comparing our players to Man Utds youths of that time is laughable ans stinks of retarded propaganda from Charles himself.

You seem to suggest that you are somehow in the loop with the new regime, so can you ask him if our club owes him for the purchase of our club? I know that the cva deal was to be done with a loan, but i cant find anything relating to the sale of a newco route. D&P deemed that it was none of our business. If you could ask him for me, id be grateful.

Ha hold yer horses a little eh!?

Im neither, i just wish they wouldnt get peoples hopes up. Ive been a gers fan for 32 years

No you haven't - you're just someone who has been to see Rangers.

A Rangers fan (supporter) is someone who wouldn't whinge just weeks after the club staved off extinction.

A Rangers fan (supporter) would take the rough with the smooth - the good times and the bad times - in their stride.

I see none of the above in your post.