Boycott the Motherwell game?

TannochsideBear

Boycott or not  

623 members have voted

1. 1. Should Rangers fans boycott the Motherwell game?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the big debate for Rangers fans now that we know the draw, and for the first time since we were kicked out of the SPL we are facing one of the clubs who stuck the knife in.

Motherwell are one of the clubs supposedly teetering on the brink of administration now that are having to deal with the reality of a much reduced (I heard 40% reduced) SKY/ESPN tv deal now in place, and other income to the SPL now reduced, on top of the fact that 2 of their biggest attendances from last season will be replaced with matches against Dundee.

It was reported that East Fife made around £150K-£180K from our earlier cup tie, and this sort of money would see Motherwell's bank manager breathe much more easily.

We have to ask ourselves what do we want to do? Can we go to this match and give Motherwell a financial lifeline that they refused to give us when they kicked us out of the SPL? Or do we stay away, deprive them of the cash, and hope to see them into administration sooner rather than later?

If this was an away game there woud be no debate in my opinion, as Rangers fans have made it clear we will not go to the grounds of the SPL clubs who put the knife in last summer.

The difficulty lies because this is our home game, and our club needs the cash from these cup ties as well in order to make up for the lack of tv, european, and top flight sponsorship income. Our fans have answered the call in massive numbers, and no doubt willc ontinue to do so when we play our league games, and when we play other SFL clubs in cup-ties. However could this be cutting our nose off to spite the other clubs, something we accused the other clubs of doing to us? Should we support our own club at Ibrox in any game they play, no matter the opposition, and just accept that a result of that could be that Motherwell get a financial lifeline they do not deserve from our supporters, as the benefit to our club is more important than denying them the benefit to them.

In a small way, we now have the same sort of question other clubs had last summer. Do we do what is best for the financial state of our club first and foremost, or do we take every opportunity to affect our former SPL rivals in every way we can?

I have kept the poll nice and simple, please vote and post your reasons below. Keep this on topic though, posts deviating off topic will be moved.

Are you serious?

If you boycott Motherwell then you are boycotting Rangers too as we also receive half the money.

This is the big debate for Rangers fans now that we know the draw, and for the first time since we were kicked out of the SPL we are facing one of the clubs who stuck the knife in.

Motherwell are one of the clubs supposedly teetering on the brink of administration now that are having to deal with the reality of a much reduced (I heard 40% reduced) SKY/ESPN tv deal now in place, and other income to the SPL now reduced, on top of the fact that 2 of their biggest attendances from last season will be replaced with matches against Dundee.

It was reported that East Fife made around £150K-£180K from our earlier cup tie, and this sort of money would see Motherwell's bank manager breathe much more easily.

We have to ask ourselves what do we want to do? Can we go to this match and give Motherwell a financial lifeline that they refused to give us when they kicked us out of the SPL? Or do we stay away, deprive them of the cash, and hope to see them into administration sooner rather than later?

If this was an away game there woud be no debate in my opinion, as Rangers fans have made it clear we will not go to the grounds of the SPL clubs who put the knife in last summer.

The difficulty lies because this is our home game, and our club needs the cash from these cup ties as well in order to make up for the lack of tv, european, and top flight sponsorship income. Our fans have answered the call in massive numbers, and no doubt willc ontinue to do so when we play our league games, and when we play other SFL clubs in cup-ties. However could this be cutting our nose off to spite the other clubs, something we accused the other clubs of doing to us? Should we support our own club at Ibrox in any game they play, no matter the opposition, and just accept that a result of that could be that Motherwell get a financial lifeline they do not deserve from our supporters, as the benefit to our club is more important than denying them the benefit to them.

In a small way, we now have the same sort of question other clubs had last summer. Do we do what is best for the financial state of our club first and foremost, or do we take every opportunity to affect our former SPL rivals in every way we can?

I have kept the poll nice and simple, please vote and post your reasons below. Keep this on topic though, posts deviating off topic will be moved.

Are you serious?

If you boycott Motherwell then you are boycotting Rangers too as we also receive half the money.

boycott ibrox? behave.

its a sickening thought that half our dosh is going to they stinking cunts but think of it this way; if we dump them out on their arses thats plenty revenue lost from competing in the later stages of the cup.

FUCKIN INTAE THEM RANGERS :uk::cgreen: :superally:

If Charles Greens way of thinking is I would rather loose a few quid just to give them less then

he could turn a blind eye to adults turning up with Kids tickets, that way we would be getting some

money along with having supporters at Ibrox while at the same time giving the other clubs less money.

Just an idea from the top of my head nobody shoot me down.

Why damage your own club to get at another?

Fir Park, hell aye.

If we draw an SPL club away In the cup are we really boycotting it?

We still get 40+ % in all tickets sold? Just don't buy any food or programmes.

I thought the boycott began when we play them in the league due to them keeping it all?