Boycott the Motherwell game?

Boycott or not  

623 members have voted

1. 1. Should Rangers fans boycott the Motherwell game?

• Yes
    • No

Rangers miss out as well then, on your money AND support?

Simple answers to these questions 1. If any fan is really concerned that a boycott will hurt Rangers then its easy to go into the club shop and buy something, go for a meal at Ibrox, take the family on the club tour etc. etc.

2. Yes the players would not have our support at the game, sometimes principles cost. Anyway do they need us to beat Motherwell. An empty Ibrox will certainly send out a message that the Rangers support will not fund these clubs any longer.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Mr. Carmichael,

Re the above. I can confirm that the minimum recommended prices of ground admission in respect of The Scottish Football League Cup Competition this season are as follows:

First Division

£12.00 Adult, £6.00 Juveniles and Senior Citizens

Second Division

£10.00 Adult, £5.00 Juveniles and Senior Citizens

Third Division

£9.00 Adult, £4.50 Juveniles and Senior Citizens

Scottish Premier League

£18.00 Adult, £12.00 Juveniles and Senior Citizens

I do hope this information is of assistance.

Regards,

SFL

This is email from SFL on minimum ticket proces

Dear Mr. Carmichael,

Re the above. I can confirm that the minimum recommended prices of ground admission in respect of The Scottish Football League Cup Competition this season are as follows:

First Division

£12.00 Adult, £6.00 Juveniles and Senior Citizens

Second Division

£10.00 Adult, £5.00 Juveniles and Senior Citizens

Third Division

£9.00 Adult, £4.50 Juveniles and Senior Citizens

Scottish Premier League

£18.00 Adult, £12.00 Juveniles and Senior Citizens

I do hope this information is of assistance.

Regards,

SFL

This is email from SFL on minimum ticket proces

Not a rule, though. We can alter it.

are you a regular at Ibrox? season ticket holder?

Been going to games for over 50 years and have a ST in Broomie rear, but fail to see what that has to do with a boycott. My view is that if we don't take a stand the first chance we get, then by the time we get back to the SPL the fans will just go to the away games (or games where we share the money). I for one will never give another penny to these bastards.

I would much rather we were on national television, giving them the pumping of their lives direct from the third division, with a full house singing full voice.

I would rather put forward the image of strength than be concerned with them getting a few quid from us.

Rangers fans will attend these games home and away, i'm afraid there is not a debate whatever we "decide" on here.

We should be boycotting away games but after the dundee united chairman stole from us and we lined up a week later to fill his pockets again it's clear you can do anything to our support and we will still turn up. Admirable and ridiculous in equal measure.

This is probably true. Threads like this only highlight the fact this it's a pretty insignificant minority of Rangers fans who post on these boards.

This is exactly the sort of debate the other clubs were having when they were dicussing how their clubs should vote on our place in the SPL.

The other clubs overwhelmingly voted to significantly harm their own clubs financially in order to boot Rangers out.

I am personally glad to see that we as Rangers fans overwhelmingly put the good of our own club well ahead of the detriment of the other clubs.

As a fan of a football club, your only decisions should be about the good of your own club. To not attend your own ground only to ensure that a visiting club does not get a handout is in my opinion wrong. You look after your own club first and foremost, and to hell with the rest.

We will have an opportunity to make a stand against the SPL clubs when we draw one away from home, and when that happens we should not attend, not a single one, to ensure they understand the feeling towards their club from our fans for what they done.

There is a strange logic to this however, in that by turning up in our usual numbers we probably ensure the survival of a bitter enemy club who are in serious financial trouble, which is what none of us wants really, but in this situation we have to look after our own first.

I really thought the vote would be closer, and am glad it is as one-sided as it is.

Been going to games for over 50 years and have a ST in Broomie rear, but fail to see what that has to do with a boycott. My view is that if we don't take a stand the first chance we get, then by the time we get back to the SPL the fans will just go to the away games (or games where we share the money). I for one will never give another penny to these bastards.

Fair enough mate . . . although i am truly astonished any real Rangers man would Boycott Glasgow Rangers @ Ibrox . . . because that's what you'll be doing!

This is the big debate for Rangers fans now that we know the draw, and for the first time since we were kicked out of the SPL we are facing one of the clubs who stuck the knife in.

Motherwell are one of the clubs supposedly teetering on the brink of administration now that are having to deal with the reality of a much reduced (I heard 40% reduced) SKY/ESPN tv deal now in place, and other income to the SPL now reduced, on top of the fact that 2 of their biggest attendances from last season will be replaced with matches against Dundee.

It was reported that East Fife made around £150K-£180K from our earlier cup tie, and this sort of money would see Motherwell's bank manager breathe much more easily.

We have to ask ourselves what do we want to do? Can we go to this match and give Motherwell a financial lifeline that they refused to give us when they kicked us out of the SPL? Or do we stay away, deprive them of the cash, and hope to see them into administration sooner rather than later?

If this was an away game there woud be no debate in my opinion, as Rangers fans have made it clear we will not go to the grounds of the SPL clubs who put the knife in last summer.

The difficulty lies because this is our home game, and our club needs the cash from these cup ties as well in order to make up for the lack of tv, european, and top flight sponsorship income. Our fans have answered the call in massive numbers, and no doubt willc ontinue to do so when we play our league games, and when we play other SFL clubs in cup-ties. However could this be cutting our nose off to spite the other clubs, something we accused the other clubs of doing to us? Should we support our own club at Ibrox in any game they play, no matter the opposition, and just accept that a result of that could be that Motherwell get a financial lifeline they do not deserve from our supporters, as the benefit to our club is more important than denying them the benefit to them.

In a small way, we now have the same sort of question other clubs had last summer. Do we do what is best for the financial state of our club first and foremost, or do we take every opportunity to affect our former SPL rivals in every way we can?

I have kept the poll nice and simple, please vote and post your reasons below. Keep this on topic though, posts deviating off topic will be moved.

This is the big debate for Rangers fans now that we know the draw, and for the first time since we were kicked out of the SPL we are facing one of the clubs who stuck the knife in.

Motherwell are one of the clubs supposedly teetering on the brink of administration now that are having to deal with the reality of a much reduced (I heard 40% reduced) SKY/ESPN tv deal now in place, and other income to the SPL now reduced, on top of the fact that 2 of their biggest attendances from last season will be replaced with matches against Dundee.

It was reported that East Fife made around £150K-£180K from our earlier cup tie, and this sort of money would see Motherwell's bank manager breathe much more easily.

We have to ask ourselves what do we want to do? Can we go to this match and give Motherwell a financial lifeline that they refused to give us when they kicked us out of the SPL? Or do we stay away, deprive them of the cash, and hope to see them into administration sooner rather than later?

If this was an away game there woud be no debate in my opinion, as Rangers fans have made it clear we will not go to the grounds of the SPL clubs who put the knife in last summer.

The difficulty lies because this is our home game, and our club needs the cash from these cup ties as well in order to make up for the lack of tv, european, and top flight sponsorship income. Our fans have answered the call in massive numbers, and no doubt willc ontinue to do so when we play our league games, and when we play other SFL clubs in cup-ties. However could this be cutting our nose off to spite the other clubs, something we accused the other clubs of doing to us? Should we support our own club at Ibrox in any game they play, no matter the opposition, and just accept that a result of that could be that Motherwell get a financial lifeline they do not deserve from our supporters, as the benefit to our club is more important than denying them the benefit to them.

In a small way, we now have the same sort of question other clubs had last summer. Do we do what is best for the financial state of our club first and foremost, or do we take every opportunity to affect our former SPL rivals in every way we can?

I have kept the poll nice and simple, please vote and post your reasons below. Keep this on topic though, posts deviating off topic will be moved.

I would not Boycott Ibrox but will never attend an away SPL game ever again.

I can see your point here its all give with us even after Motherwell and the rest of the League shat on us.

This is exactly the sort of debate the other clubs were having when they were dicussing how their clubs should vote on our place in the SPL.

The other clubs overwhelmingly voted to significantly harm their own clubs financially in order to boot Rangers out.

I am personally glad to see that we as Rangers fans overwhelmingly put the good of our own club well ahead of the detriment of the other clubs.

As a fan of a football club, your only decisions should be about the good of your own club. To not attend your own ground only to ensure that a visiting club does not get a handout is in my opinion wrong. You look after your own club first and foremost, and to hell with the rest.

We will have an opportunity to make a stand against the SPL clubs when we draw one away from home, and when that happens we should not attend, not a single one, to ensure they understand the feeling towards their club from our fans for what they done.

There is a strange logic to this however, in that by turning up in our usual numbers we probably ensure the survival of a bitter enemy club who are in serious financial trouble, which is what none of us wants really, but in this situation we have to look after our own first.

I really thought the vote would be closer, and am glad it is as one-sided as it is.

Thing with away games is we'd still be denying Rangers 50%.

Rangers fans will attend these games home and away, i'm afraid there is not a debate whatever we "decide" on here.

We should be boycotting away games but after the dundee united chairman stole from us and we lined up a week later to fill his pockets again it's clear you can do anything to our support and we will still turn up. Admirable and ridiculous in equal measure.

I think something has changed within the support, ive seen an increasingly large amount of people finally come around to the idea of boycotting away SPL clubs. I still have that feeling as you do that some will turn up as much as I wouldnt like them too.

Here's an idea make the tickets really cheap, this means motherwell will get barely anything and to compensate for this increase the price of the match programme to make up for the loss. I know its risky but most Bears will buy a programme if it means rubbing it up an spl team.

Here's an idea make the tickets really cheap, this means motherwell will get barely anything and to compensate for this increase the price of the match programme to make up for the loss. I know its risky but most Bears will buy a programme if it means rubbing it up an spl team.

i wish someone had mentioned this earlier :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

As has been said, visiting teams need to agree on a price.