Boycott the Motherwell game?

TannochsideBear

Boycott or not  

623 members have voted

1. 1. Should Rangers fans boycott the Motherwell game?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i will never contemplate boycotting any gers game home or away.

but when we return to the SPL and we as a support decide not to go to away games then I will adhere.

but it would need to be a unified decision and not just some on this site or any other site (££) trying to further thier own agendas.

if all groups within our support go for this then I will follow suit, but I wont be making any 1 man demos that dont serve purpose. we need a more unified support for maximum effect on these matters and we should use this time in the lower leagues to get this moving in the right direction while we have the time to do so.

if we could start the beam backs, pack IBROX for the away games and keep the lot then that would be my perfect fantasy!! :D

I see the back sliding has begun and every poor excuse given. I voted yes, I will not give these bastards one penny of my money.

I feel the same,but understand both sides of the arguement, pals are going so I will give money for 2 programmes so rangers get the money and if Charles wants to make the pies £15 and the bovril a fiver I will treat my pals to that too, but I cant forget what they did to us, I wont, and as much as it kills me, someone before me just said, I will have to live with it.

I think something has changed within the support, ive seen an increasingly large amount of people finally come around to the idea of boycotting away SPL clubs. I still have that feeling as you do that some will turn up as much as I wouldnt like them too.

I don't go to away games in Scotland so my opinion doesn't amount to much but some fans will boycott all other grounds apart from the piggery which doesn't really make much sense. In for a penny and all that...

I won't boycott Ibrox as it is not in the interest of The Rangers progression in the cup. I want us to win that trophy.

It would be good to see if there can be some sort of interesting method of restricting the amount of money that goes to Motherwell to boost ourselves. Let's face it, we need as much cash in the bank as possible. Their problems are their problems.

I don't go to away games in Scotland so my opinion doesn't amount to much but some fans will boycott all other grounds apart from the piggery which doesn't really make much sense. In for a penny and all that...

the amount of "fans" that come out the woodwork when we play them is always astounding.

even more astounding is the amount of them that get tickets, while guys that go week in week out or even people that go to a hand full of matches a year go without.

cracks me up.

you shouldn't be allowed a OF ticket untill you've been to a St Mirren or Dumfermline game at IBROX on a rainy Tuesday night!!

we dont need money?

since when?

Rangers do need the money, but don't use that as an excuse for going to this game. The gate money is shared almost 50/50, the same could be said if the game was at Motherwell - should we go there? If its the money fans are worried about buy something from the club shop, take the family on the Ibrox tour, go for a meal at Ibrox. There are lots of ways to make sure our money only goes to Rangers.

BTW I don't believe there will be any concerted boycott of any SPL club home or away by the fans.

probably not going to be a popular opinion, and probably get me repped, but hey ho.

All this talk of boycotting here is reminiscent of the "turkeys voting for christmas" analogy everyone was banding around when the SPL clubs were voting us out.

Their hatred for our club, was greater than their love of their own, their fans were stating they would rather their own club died, than vote for us to enter the SPL.

Boycotting our own games at Ibrox WILL damage our club, we need this money, and we need a full house in full voice on display on the telly for the world to see we are still the best club in the world.

If we are playing to a quarter full ibrox to an SPL side, what image will that send out?, that we are boycotting our own home games?!!!, christ on a bike!!!.

They will think the exact same thing we did when the Bastards were voting us out, that our hatred for others clubs is greater than the love for our own.

Once we reach the SPL, and the money is split better and we are all over the back pages showing our triumphant return, then yes, by all means boycott parkhead for all eternity, just lets not get caught up in this pish right now, lets concentrate on playing football, and supporting our team, in filling every wee stadium on the way, and as a bonus we get to inject so decent money into the lower leagues making scottish football a lot healthier than it has ever been in the progress.

We are the people.

Rangers do need the money, but don't use that as an excuse for going to this game. The gate money is shared almost 50/50, the same could be said if the game was at Motherwell - should we go there? If its the money fans are worried about buy something from the club shop, take the family on the Ibrox tour, go for a meal at Ibrox. There are lots of ways to make sure our money only goes to Rangers.

BTW I don't believe there will be any concerted boycott of any SPL club home or away by the fans.

i think ur looking for a argument that isnt there in the first place

why do we need an excuse to go to this game?

seeing rangers win is excuse enough for me, all the while knowing in the background that the money we're paying colectively is going to the club and keeping us afloat (along with all the supplements u mention).

the people that dont go need the excuse why if you ask me, and if they have one that keeps them happy and makes them sleep better at night then good for them - carry on

So you would also have attended if the draw was Motherwell away going by that logic? Just wondering.

It's a good point as we would get a share from the away tie too but nowhere near as much as at Ibrox due to the lower capacity

Add that to the fact I've said I wont go to any of these grounds again then the answer is no.

No boycott - its at Ibrox.

(1) First and foremost. Want to beat them and beat them by a good margin so want the biggest, best most vocal Rangers support possible. Any SPHell team that dares to set foot on the pitch need to see, hear and feel Rangers. And I'd want their Directors - if any turn up - to see, hear and feel the same. Let them feel the footballing power of the mighty Rangers. Would hope that the whole atmosphere would create one of the most intimidating stadiums in the world for any SPHell club that decides to turn up to play a game of football.

(2) Want Rangers to have as much money as possible so that when we progress up the leagues and when transfer windows open to us again we can keep the best players and buy the best so that we are more than competitive at the very highest levels in Europe. That takes dosh and to a large extent its going to come from loyal fans through ticketing, shares, retail etc plus of course big - reliable!! - investors. I'll back that as part of our journey and if it means some cash goes to parasite clubs then I'll accept it for the greater benefit to Rangers.

(3) Want the players to really feel the loyalty and determination of the Bears to reinforce their loyal decisions to back the club. We are all in this together. The players each have to do the job on the pitch and as a team to win, and win with style. And the Bears have a job to do to turn up in large numbers and to let Rangers players hear that support for them right through each game. If it means a seige mentality until Scottish football is reformed to our liking then IMO so be it.

I don't give a shit about SPHell clubs but I sure would take a lot of enjoyment out of beating them when we play them as we inevitably will on our journey. This is about Rangers - its only about Rangers - it always will be only about Rangers. So we do the very best we can solely for Rangers and whatever happens to the rest is just sidebar stuff of no consequence.

Should Rangers fans boycott the Motherwell game?

Yes (42 votes [12.21%])

No (302 votes [87.79%])

Boycott Ibrox. NEVER!!! Suprised over 10 percent voted yes. Their loss.

I very much doubt our attendance will drop for that match. In fact it will be a sellout.

If we want to punish them finacialy we should make the tickets cheap

good idea.

however, Rangers still need the money, and cheap ticket prices alone would mean our own team getting less.

this problem can be solved easily.

every time i buy something at the supermarket in the states and canada, i'm usually asked if i'd like to donate to some particular cause when paying for my messages.

therefore, for cup games - where we are most likely to meet the bastards who fucked us, Rangers make the ticket price low while providing options, like the supermarkets do, to donate the remainder of the 'normal' ticket price to "The Rangers Fund" when purchasing the ticket.

money from The Rangers Fund to be spent by our club as they see fit.

this way most of our money goes to Rangers for the cup games - while effectively fucking the cunts who fucked us;

yet, at the same time, still helping the wee teams in our own league.

No boycott - its at Ibrox.

(1) First and foremost. Want to beat them and beat them by a good margin so want the biggest, best most vocal Rangers support possible. Any SPHell team that dares to set foot on the pitch need to see, hear and feel Rangers. And I'd want their Directors - if any turn up - to see, hear and feel the same. Let them feel the footballing power of the mighty Rangers. Would hope that the whole atmosphere would create one of the most intimidating stadiums in the world for any SPHell club that decides to turn up to play a game of football.

(2) Want Rangers to have as much money as possible so that when we progress up the leagues and when transfer windows open to us again we can keep the best players and buy the best so that we are more than competitive at the very highest levels in Europe. That takes dosh and to a large extent its going to come from loyal fans through ticketing, shares, retail etc plus of course big - reliable!! - investors. I'll back that as part of our journey and if it means some cash goes to parasite clubs then I'll accept it for the greater benefit to Rangers.

(3) Want the players to really feel the loyalty and determination of the Bears to reinforce their loyal decisions to back the club. We are all in this together. The players each have to do the job on the pitch and as a team to win, and win with style. And the Bears have a job to do to turn up in large numbers and to let Rangers players hear that support for them right through each game. If it means a seige mentality until Scottish football is reformed to our liking then IMO so be it.

I don't give a shit about SPHell clubs but I sure would take a lot of enjoyment out of beating them when we play them as we inevitably will on our journey. This is about Rangers - its only about Rangers - it always will be only about Rangers. So we do the very best we can solely for Rangers and whatever happens to the rest is just sidebar stuff of no consequence.

Well said!

It's all about Rangers.

The game will be a packed house. We will buy any tickets the Motherwell fans can't afford. See you there guys.