Green checks out Chinese market.

hellfirejet

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally think we should try and capitilse on the one true untouched market: North Korea !!!

We could contact the grand leader and divine god Kim Jong-Un and offer to put the following on our tops "North Korea, Is The Best Korea" in exchange for £8 Million a year in sponsorship plus open shops across the country and get them to air propoganda videos in support of us and we can gain 25 million odd new fans.

Get it done Charles :craphead:

not sure that Glasgow is North Korea's most favourite place at the minute :lol: otherwise you're on to something!

We had tie ins with a club a good few years ago( name escapes me, they played in orange), as we did in Australia, no benefits were forthcoming then so it ended, whats different now?

That is easy. Murray and Bain didn't have a fucking clue what they were doing. Expanding our brand and maximising revenue were alien concepts to both of them. (tu)

That is easy. Murray and Bain didn't have a fucking clue what they were doing. Expanding our brand and maximising revenue were alien concepts to both of them. (tu)

Fuck, Bain thought he'd done his job the first time he saw a Ger top in Falkirk. Cunt.

We had tie ins with a club a good few years ago( name escapes me, they played in orange), as we did in Australia, no benefits were forthcoming then so it ended, whats different now?

Shabangi janjhio (sp) was the Chinese team

Northern spirt was the oz team

Good for Charles. Whether it is China or wider SE Asia or wherever, for me there are 2 big points - and in this order - (1) tap the footballing talent that is emerging; and (2) the chance to generate even wider world-wide support for Rangers. The talk is one thing - the important bit is now to get the Ibrox machine to JFDI. Looking ahead I'm looking for Charles to set high footballing ambitions matched by high ambition for Rangers as a football club.

He has the stage and he has the microphone - lets hear more of the message and see actions to match it.

Wonder what WATP translates in Chinese? Maybe we could get a big banner made up so for the TV cameras so that those watching in China can get a sense of what we are about?

Interesting stuff. Can't believe that both China and India are so shite.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_population#List

Look at that. How many of those countries are unable to find even one good player. It's just a matter of time before somebody sets up some top quality training facilities over there and finds themselves some talent.

I was surprised to learn recently that Protestantism is very popular in China, and is very much on the rise; about 10 million offical protestants and maybe double that unofficially. They'll need a team to follow...

All faiths welcome of course :pipe:

I lived in China for a year and any club will struggle to break into that market. Scottish football just doesn't really register over there at all, including us and the unwashed. They tend to follow Chinese players wherever they play and absolutely revere them but there's not a lot leaving the country sadly.

I remember Whyte and Co had that agreement with an American Sports Channel did they not, but yet he also had some kind of agreement with STV in the UK.

We made the initial approach under Whyte, but any money we made selling the games to Fox Soccer would have been split evenly between the 12 SPL clubs, FSC ended up signing a deal for SPL rights through 2013-14. Fox decided to relegate them all to a separate subscriber based channel (Fox Soccer Plus) except for Old Firm games, which would air on Fox Soccer - why would I buy a separate pay channel and only catch select games (they didn't air every one) when I could just stream them through RangersTV with all the money going to the club? I don't care about watching Hearts (SFL3 feeder club)-Dundee United or Motherwell-Aberdeen. I did catch the last Old Firm game on FSC and will say that they did a good job, even had their own commentary for the game (from a studio here in the States), but the deal as a whole is crap.

Looks like FoxSoccer may be dying a slow death, MLS jumped to NBC Sports Network this season and BeIN just launched here and has acquired the rights to La Liga, Serie A, Ligue 1, English Championship, Barca TV, Copa del Rey, South American World Cup Qualifiers, and USMNT World Cup Qualifiers; some of which FSC used to have the rights to.

America would of been fantastic to try and tap into at the time when Carlos, Edu, Bedoya was at the club. Especially when Carlos is the USA Captain. They really missed a opportunity.

Were supposed to come over for three games in the 2010 pre-season (DC United [MLS] at RFK Stadium, Club America [Mexican League] at 110,000 capacity Cowboys Stadium, and Celtic at Fenway Park in Boston) but canned the whole thing after the Boston Globe fiasco; would have done well to go on with the other two and try and find a replacement for the Celtic game - not in Boston, mind you. I don't for a second believe that large numbers of your average American soccer fan would start following us, but between those interested in watching Yanks abroad, the Americans with either Scottish or Scots-Irish ancestry (a combined number around 35 million), and the ex-pats that are here (50 Supporters Clubs between the US & Canada) there is certainly money to be made pushing the brand with glamour friendlies in the States.