***The Official Football Manager 13 Thread***

jdocherty72

FM09 was brilliant. My Sevilla team was unbelievable.

Asenjo

Santon Sakho Fazio Bale

Marquinhos De Rossi Veloso Mata

Balotelli Hulk/Bojan

I've not really played FM since my computer buggered up and I lose all my data from that year. I finally won La Liga after about three or four seasons. I actually won the CL before I won La Liga.

Sorry mate, just seen this!

MARQUINHOS. YES. THAT IS ALL. My main save IIRC in FM'09 was Benfica. Having not won anything for a few years, we tasted success in the first season then by the 5th season we had done domestic quads two years in a row, 79 domestic games unbeaten before I went on to FM10. Marquinhos was some player, rated 5 stars I think. Could score from anywhere at any time.

That team though is incredible :drool: Where did Sevilla get the money from to fund the signings :lol:?!

Finally got the game! Signed Craig Sibbald from Falkirk with all my money, hoping he is as good as last year!

Now need bosmans, anyone reccomend any? Plus I think my assistant went and signed someone without me even saying, WTF is up with that?!?

Finally got the game! Signed Craig Sibbald from Falkirk with all my money, hoping he is as good as last year!

Now need bosmans, anyone reccomend any? Plus I think my assistant went and signed someone without me even saying, WTF is up with that?!?

The Head of Youth Development often does that with me. I changed it so I have to confirm all his signings.

The Head of Youth Development often does that with me. I changed it so I have to confirm all his signings.

Thought that might have been the case and went and changed that setting, the boy is fucking shite aswell...

I think promotion clauses are going to be a killer in this game, everyone wants one and 3 successive promotions is going to mean some hefty wages

Won the quad which included the Champions League :D Beat Arsenal on penalties after a 1-1 draw. Dispatched of Bayern, Liverpool and Man United on the way.

Beat Celtic in both cup finals, 4-2 and 4-3 and won the league by about 20 points again.

The most shocking result of the season came when Arsenal beat Barcelona 11-0 at the Emirates :lol:

I signed Piermayr on a bosman. Rated 4 star- first choice RB for me.

Was tempted, opted for Habib Beye instead. Argy has been a bombscare in pre-season, diabolical. Although to be fair I lose all pre season games bar one v my reserves and one v a northern irish team :anguish:

Won first two competitive cup games at home though

Mines has just increased over time. I've got 25 scouts now, only 52% knowledge though!

Just completed the first season and thought they might increase it for the second but they are still refusing. :(

Going to be a gamble when signing regens from abroad because I like to get a few scout reports before making a final decision on them.

Hopefully it gets increased when the embargo ends.

Got this for Christmas and started a game with Rangers. Things are going outstandingly so far, big Lee McCulloch is a monster. I have a 100% record in all competitions, including a few big wins!

I sit atop of the third division, with 5 wins from 5; 15 goals for and 1 against; and 5 points clear of second place. All very comfortable.

I am in the semi-final of the Challenge Cup against Falkirk, beating Annan, Stenhousemuir and Airdrie along the way - all fairly comfortably. Falkirk is the toughest team left in the competition - so hoping it's like a bit of an unofficial final.

Also through to the fourth round of league cup - and this is the big one. In the first round I papped Airdrie out by a goal to nil. In the second round, I was two nil down to St. Mirren, and thanks to a big Lee brace, I managed to take the game into extra time, where Lee completed his hat-trick to send us through 3-2.

Then we drew Celtic. The week before the game, Neil Alexander got injured along with Andy Little - and I was forced to play young Scott Gallagher in goals. The game itself was a cagey affair, and despite staying 0-0 all the way through, both teams had chances, with Celtic hitting the post twice. But it was Super Lee McCulloch who popped up in the second half of extra time - with a tap in from inside the six yard box after Barrie McKay bombed down the wing to drill one in. That was enough to see us through to the fourth round - and to kill the treble for Timothy at the first hurdle!

Really never expected things to go this well. I only made three signings, Richard Brittain from Ross County for £75k, who has been outstanding. Bosman Jari Litmanen - a veteran Finnish Attacking Midfielder who has been pretty good too - and another bosman Habib Beye, who has been somewhat disappointing at right back, so I have moved him into centre back for now.

Onwards and upwards! A league cup win would be nice, but there are still a lot of SPL teams to maneuver. Division Three is feeling like a walk in the park - and the Challenge Cup shouldn't be too difficult either.