Scum at it again!

The Mongoose

Given the person,s saying this a taig sympthasiser and taig fans, and also what does a real wasp have to do with a dialek? Nothing at all its random as fuck.

random apart from the fact that TV for weeks now has been showing that trailer, and then show, of the most recent Dr Who episode, teaming with Daleks.

Fuck it, I loathe Thomson, carry on.

random apart from the fact that TV for weeks now has been showing that trailer, and then show, of the most recent Dr Who episode, teaming with Daleks.

Fuck it, I loathe Thomson, carry on.

I dont watch doctor who so ive maybe missed something but yeah fuck thompson (tu) hes a scumbucket.

I dont watch doctor who so ive maybe missed something but yeah fuck thompson (tu) hes a scumbucket.

My only major problem with this whole thread is that I have an absolute belief in free speech. We, as football fans, have been complaining for some considerable time about football fans being criminalised in the name of secterianism. This one is really borderline. We've got quote after quote from Thomson that we can, and most definitely should, get worked up about, but this?

I know my view isn't always popular on here, and I've taken some stick for it in other threads but I've fucking cringed as Rangers fan after Rangers fan has been painted as bigoted by the media and by the courts for using their basic right on free speak and watched the line between offensive and not getting smaller and fucking smaller and it irks me no end. I'll defend the right to say what the fuck I want, to who the fuck I want, as long as I'm not being abusive, until my dying breath but picking up on tenuous links like this makes it difficult.

As I say, Thomson has said plenty to be hauled over the coals in the past, but I really don't believe this is one of them and can't get on the offended bus, or it makes me no better than the uninformed cunts that pass unenforceable laws designed to criminalise the average Rangers fan.

This is being typed after a fair old scoop, so bear with me.

My only major problem with this whole thread is that I have an absolute belief in free speech. We, as football fans, have been complaining for some considerable time about football fans being criminalised in the name of secterianism. This one is really borderline. We've got quote after quote from Thomson that we can, and most definitely should, get worked up about, but this?

I know my view isn't always popular on here, and I've taken some stick for it in other threads but I've fucking cringed as Rangers fan after Rangers fan has been painted as bigoted by the media and by the courts for using their basic right on free speak and watched the line between offensive and not getting smaller and fucking smaller and it irks me no end. I'll defend the right to say what the fuck I want, to who the fuck I want, as long as I'm not being abusive, until my dying breath but picking up on tenuous links like this makes it difficult.

As I say, Thomson has said plenty to be hauled over the coals in the past, but I really don't believe this is one of them and can't get on the offended bus, or it makes me no better than the uninformed cunts that pass unenforceable laws designed to criminalise the average Rangers fan.

This is being typed after a fair old scoop, so bear with me.

As somebody else said earlier in this thread, this wouldnt of got much attention a year ago but people are angry and thompsons hardly covered himself in glory when it comes to his attitude to Rangers supporters and those who suffered in the disaster. Whatever he meant or didnt mean by these remarks, hes still a bastard.

The daleks reference is to do with people being angry. Fuck all to do with stairs ffs. As paranoid as taigs OP. I'd be surprised if any bear has heard this term used before.

It may not be one of the more popular names that they use but believe me they do and have done more so in the past.

As you can see by some of the posters on here it has been heard before by some and it is nothing to do with being angry!

You miss the point of my original post.

That being Thompson is using it as a dig at Rangers,thinking he is being smart.Whether he knew the connotations as to what it meant in relation to the disaster is irrelevant...he IMO has heard that it winds up The H*ns somewhere,and I can imagine where!,,

He has mocked the 66 before and can't get away with it again

I believe you'll find you have the initial tweet, followed by the "Rangers" comment, a reply from a tim with a green/ white/gold shamrock in his avatar makes the comment of lots of angry wasps here in Oban lately, then Thomson uses his newly learned term of endearment gleaned off the likes of mad phil and MMcG, whose company it's been told he like to keep.

I think he was trying to be cute with his new friends. 00000042.gif But if you want to believe a cunt who mocked the disaster before, go right ahead.

no this is the screen dump. Even if there is a Rangers comment on his twitter timeline it is not part of the same conversation!

We really shouldn't be making a big deal out of this. I am shocked at the reactions on here.

post-296-0-54603800-1347055876_thumb.png

I think people miss the main point about Thompson. He's an English journalist with a mainly English audience who care little about Scottish football. Meantime in England, Man Utd have registered their club/company in the Cayman Islands because of greater secrecy laws as well as tax benefits in order to float on the NYSE to raise over $200 million, most of which is to be dished out to employees in share options rather than pay off their colossal debt. And we're the fucking story! His motivation is down to bigotry and nothing else. So keep up the fight no matter how trivial.

If this is true then the conclusions jumped to are just awful at best and utterly shameful at worst.

I do say if, mind you. (tu)

Please see the screen dump from my last post - that is the conversation. People are looking to be offended in this instance.

I really dislike the guy but we should pick our fights better. Him writing a prologue or whatever it is for phil 5 names (the man tarred with a sectarian brush) is the one we should be using just now.

My only major problem with this whole thread is that I have an absolute belief in free speech.

That's very noble.

Simple fact is though, free speech has never existed nor will it ever exist. It is a myth and one which we all want to believe is true and so we keep striving for it.

People have always been reprimanded (or even killed) for speaking 'out of turn' or simply saying something somebody doesn't like much. It has happened through the ages and still happens to this day, even in this very country as we see with the new 'naughty songs' crap.

Why do you believe in it so fervently and yet feel the need to temper your argument with this: "I'll defend the right to say what the fuck I want, to who the fuck I want, as long as I'm not being abusive"?

Surely if we had the right to 'free speech' you could be as abusive as you felt you had to be without worrying about 'fear or favour'? (had to get that old chestnut in there!)

I have heard the term used years ago and as I said before it will probably make a huge comeback because of one :wanker:

This bastard is being underhanded and thinks he can get away with it. As an earlier poster stated, should somebody who has openly mocked the disaster before be allowed the benefit of the doubt a second time?

Ive now read all his tweets around the reference and its absolutely clear he and others from various parts of the UK are actually taking about.......ahem......well.....wasps.....of the stingy variety.

This is the kind of paranoid shite that does the good work of others a complete injustice. Getting Gillivan 3 names story out the sun was a great piece of work but this shite just undermines some of the work going on behind the scenes.

And to reference it to the disaster is just utterly shameful in my book.

I asked 4 or 5 my good friends with 200 years of Rangers between us and not one of them has heard of dalek references. Can anyone link me to any references of this prior to September this year ?

Thanks for the explanation. I honestly couldnt have told you that was how to get away from a dalek though i was never a fan of the programme. As a 40+ year old man who has followed Rangers all my days as well as read online forums, blogs, commentary plus more, ive never ever heard a reference to daleks previously from anyone on either side of the divide.

It is therefore my opinion that its highly unlikely that some guy from England who has spent only 6 months in that same space as me would firstly have heard it, secondly know it was a reference to the disaster then thirdly, having known this, use it.

As i said before though, he is still a tool. (tu)

Should that read flawed opinion as I grew up and lived in Scotland for many years and most of my family still does and I was made well aware of the reference and usage thankyou

Should that read flawed opinion as I grew up and lived in Scotland for many years and most of my family still does and I was made well aware of the reference and usage thankyou

Really? I've lived in Glasgow for every one of my 36 years and never once heard the dalek thing until this thread.

Really? I've lived in Glasgow for every one of my 36 years and never once heard the dalek thing until this thread.

There was a time (Mid seventies?) when the Dalek thing was mentioned ie, what does a H*n and a Dalek have in common/ type 'Joke'so it defo has been around.

Also check out these from 2008,not having a go about the disaster but I am sure the context is there!

Proof that the Dalek thing has been around!

There is another 3 episodes you will find them if you need to

Ive now read all his tweets around the reference and its absolutely clear he and others from various parts of the UK are actually taking about.......ahem......well.....wasps.....of the stingy variety.

This is the kind of paranoid shite that does the good work of others a complete injustice. Getting Gillivan 3 names story out the sun was a great piece of work but this shite just undermines some of the work going on behind the scenes.

And to reference it to the disaster is just utterly shameful in my book.

I asked 4 or 5 my good friends with 200 years of Rangers between us and not one of them has heard of dalek references. Can anyone link me to any references of this prior to September this year ?

From 2008

Proof that the Dalek thing has been around!

no this is the screen dump. Even if there is a Rangers comment on his twitter timeline it is not part of the same conversation!

We really shouldn't be making a big deal out of this. I am shocked at the reactions on here.

Absolutely not true. 00000042.gif

That's very noble.

Simple fact is though, free speech has never existed nor will it ever exist. It is a myth and one which we all want to believe is true and so we keep striving for it.

People have always been reprimanded (or even killed) for speaking 'out of turn' or simply saying something somebody doesn't like much. It has happened through the ages and still happens to this day, even in this very country as we see with the new 'naughty songs' crap.

Why do you believe in it so fervently and yet feel the need to temper your argument with this: "I'll defend the right to say what the fuck I want, to who the fuck I want, as long as I'm not being abusive"?

Surely if we had the right to 'free speech' you could be as abusive as you felt you had to be without worrying about 'fear or favour'? (had to get that old chestnut in there!)

I have heard the term used years ago and as I said before it will probably make a huge comeback because of one :wanker:

This bastard is being underhanded and thinks he can get away with it. As an earlier poster stated, should somebody who has openly mocked the disaster before be allowed the benefit of the doubt a second time?

As long as I'm not being abusive is something I choose to do personally. You're right though, free speech in it's purest form has never truly existed, but you don't stop striving for or believing something can exist even though the odds are stacked against you. Our club might be worse off if we all thought like that.

I'm not defending Thomson, i loathe him and still can't fathom why a respected journalist would pour all his energies into the pish he's been spouting for months.

As the guy who wrote the piece let me throw my tuppence in.

I wasn't familiar with the Dalek thing. I think I may have heard it but, not being a massive fan or collector of Ibrox Disaster jokes it's not one I would earmark for the after-dinner circuit.

It was a good source - a trusted bluenose - who tipped me off to its meaning.

I subsequently made some further enquiries and discovered it was a known slur among the dhims.

My source also told me that Thomson learned it from a Celtic blogger - not 3 Names - he is known to hang around with.

This man has previously been outed on the old FF forum as using this sick joke.

If a tree falls in the forest and no-one hears it, does it make a sound?

If there is a joke you haven't heard, does it exist?

As Shane says, when you put the credibility of a PROVEN Disaster-mocker and Rangers-hater like Alex Thomson above that of fellow bluenoses, it's a sad day.

This isn't said in arrogance but you sometimes have to accept that when myself and other bloggers say certain things we know a wee bit more than we actually say.

That said, we can get it wrong.

Thomson has wriggle room in this story, that's for sure.

But it keeps the pressure up on Rangers' enemies, of which he is one for even surer.

As the guy who wrote the piece let me throw my tuppence in.

I wasn't familiar with the Dalek thing. I think I may have heard it but, not being a massive fan or collector of Ibrox Disaster jokes it's not one I would earmark for the after-dinner circuit.

It was a good source - a trusted bluenose - who tipped me off to its meaning.

I subsequently made some further enquiries and discovered it was a known slur among the dhims.

My source also told me that Thomson learned it from a Celtic blogger - not 3 Names - he is known to hang around with.

This man has previously been outed on the old FF forum as using this sick joke.

If a tree falls in the forest and no-one hears it, does it make a sound?

If there is a joke you haven't heard, does it exist?

As Shane says, when you put the credibility of a PROVEN Disaster-mocker and Rangers-hater like Alex Thomson above that of fellow bluenoses, it's a sad day.

This isn't said in arrogance but you sometimes have to accept that when myself and other bloggers say certain things we know a wee bit more than we actually say.

That said, we can get it wrong.

Thomson has wriggle room in this story, that's for sure.

But it keeps the pressure up on Rangers' enemies, of which he is one for even surer.

Just out of curiosity, did you read all the tweets pre the dalek reference from various people all over the UK and if so, what makes you believe this was or could have been intentional.

The thing that im against is that for years we have been angered at veiled comments from bloggers on the other side that the masses turn into fact and for me its very hypocritical to take what looks like an innocent conversation(and i have read all the tweets) and to do the same.

There are enough people out there who hate us to attack without inventing some of our own. For the record this only relates to this dalek thing as a lot of his other stuff is cringeworthy shite and he absolutely has a bee in his green bunnet.