Rangers will face either:

54andcounting

Partick, Cowdenbeath or Arbroath in the last four of the Ramsdens Cup in October if they can get past Queen of the South next Tuesday.

The other three quarter-final ties in the competition were played over the weekend, with each of them settled in the regulation 90 minutes.

First Division pacesetters Thistle were comfortable 3-0 winners over Raith at Firhill but they had to wait until the second half to break the deadlock.

After Chris Erskine opened the scoring, Steven Craig made it two and Erskine rounded off a decent day’s work with the clincher just eight minutes after his first strike.

Cowdenbeath were made to work hard for their 2-1 victory at East Stirlingshire after Marc McKenzie’s goal was cancelled out by Sean Kelly.

Kenny Adamson eventually settled the tie for the Blue Brazil with the decisive goal five minutes before the break at Ochilview.

Arbroath progressed thanks to a narrow 1-0 triumph against their fellow Second Division side Stenhousemuir, with Scott Robertson’s first-half counter making the difference.

If Gers can see off Queens in their repeat of the 2008 Scottish Cup final eight days from now, it will guarantee a new name will be inscribed on the Challenge Cup trophy this season.

Thistle for me when we get past QtS. :21:

Partick, Cowdenbeath or Arbroath in the last four of the Ramsdens Cup in October if they can get past Queen of the South next Tuesday.

The other three quarter-final ties in the competition were played over the weekend, with each of them settled in the regulation 90 minutes.

First Division pacesetters Thistle were comfortable 3-0 winners over Raith at Firhill but they had to wait until the second half to break the deadlock.

After Chris Erskine opened the scoring, Steven Craig made it two and Erskine rounded off a decent day’s work with the clincher just eight minutes after his first strike.

Cowdenbeath were made to work hard for their 2-1 victory at East Stirlingshire after Marc McKenzie’s goal was cancelled out by Sean Kelly.

Kenny Adamson eventually settled the tie for the Blue Brazil with the decisive goal five minutes before the break at Ochilview.

Arbroath progressed thanks to a narrow 1-0 triumph against their fellow Second Division side Stenhousemuir, with Scott Robertson’s first-half counter making the difference.

If Gers can see off Queens in their repeat of the 2008 Scottish Cup final eight days from now, it will guarantee a new name will be inscribed on the Challenge Cup trophy this season.

Thistle for me when we get past QtS. :21:

Surely Rangers v Thistle would be better as the final?

I'm sure the sponsors will be watching the draw hoping that's how it falls.

Without getting to far ahead of myself,if we can get to the final Partick Thistle would be the best opposition to play.Thistle are in my opinion the 2nd strongest team remaining after us and the Glasgow rivalry would enhance the occasion .Our route to the final will see us playing teams who will regard playing us as a final.

I'm wanting Thistle out, cos I like the idea of it being us v a Division 2 team at Hampden.

Since we're the major revenue generating force in Scottish football, then I want as much of that revenue to go to Us, then Div 3, Div 2 and Div 1, but in that order.

So Rangers v Cowdenbeath or Arbroath in the final for me.

And I'm enjoying meeting Div 2 clubs in the cups - Getting to know next year's opposition, like :sherlock:

I know, stupid reasoning. doh