Scotland v Macedonia

G.E.C.

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's safe to say Macedonia will win.

Is it shite that you only ever get one or two games when you're in with a chance of qualifying and then when it all goes wrong you have to literally wait years for a chance again?

Who would be the ideal Scotland manager? Walter?

Is it shite that you only ever get one or two games when you're in with a chance of qualifying and then when it all goes wrong you have to literally wait years for a chance again?

Smith, Strachen or McLeish.

They are the right men to get results. I know McLeish had a terrible time with Villa but he'd do well for Scotland again.

Get Walter and McLeish back.

Ideally Smith becauae he gets results, but I think somebody like John Collins could be a good appointment

He struggled to get the players respect at Hibs apparantly due to perceived arrogance, but that's less of an issue when you don't work with them on a day to day basis.

I think he could be to Scotland what Speed looked like he would become to Wales (knowlegable young coach, passionate about his country and eager to build a youthful, attack minded team) before he died.

Watching this one in the pub, missed the Serbia game because of work, but it didn't look as if I missed much!

I think we'll just edge it, to be honest. I do believe it should be 2 up front, and Rhodes really should be starting, there's no excuses for him not to.

I'd go for Mr Luce's team, but maybe Miller instead of Mackie. He might not have looked great on Saturday, but I still think he can do a job.

If we slip up here, we may as well call it a day for qualifying.

Ideally Smith becauae he gets results, but I think somebody like John Collins could be a good appointment

He struggled to get the players respect at Hibs apparantly due to perceived arrogance, but that's less of an issue when you don't work with them on a day to day basis.

I think he could be to Scotland what Speed looked like he would become to Wales (knowlegable young coach, passionate about his country and eager to build a youthful, attack minded team) before he died.

The Hibs players didn't get on with Collins because he was in a better physical condition than them!

He was treated quite harshly there I felt.

Levein said (apparently) that he'll go with 4-4-1-1 again, so there's no real point in anyone watching this.

That will be up there with playing no strikers in a game they need to get a result.

What is it with Craigy Wonder and trying to make Scotland play in the most excruciating way possiblem?

For the first time in god knows how long they have a team where a good number play in one of the top leagues on the planet and yet fucks it up.

Levein needs to be bold and dump Miller, Morrison & Naismith from the starting eleven.

Miller looks done at this level, Naismith is still miles off the pace & Morrison has put in about five terrible performances on the bounce for Scotland now.

Mackie, Maloney & Rhodes in.

Maloney not playing is bizarre.

He's been a standout in Wigan's recent 'recovery', so to speak.

That's why I was asking about McArthur's fitness the other day too.

He's become a key player for Wigan now and Levein was praising him to the high heavens during the USA tour in May.

He has to become a first pick when he is back to fitness IMO, but I suspect that when everybody is fit it'll be Fletcher, Adam & Brown.

Levein needs to be bold and dump Miller, Morrison & Naismith from the starting eleven.

Miller looks done at this level, Naismith is still miles off the pace & Morrison has put in about five terrible performances on the bounce for Scotland now.

Mackie, Maloney & Rhodes in.

Now that's a lie sure Morrison was terrible against Serbia but he has been Scotland's best player in Potters time and he is doing brilliantly in the Premiership.

Miller I would agree with it's not even a brave decision he is finished and has been for years.

Naismith has clearly reverted back to his old shit self like he was last time he got a knee injury so I would agree he should be dropped.

McGregor

Hutton Webster/Caldwell Berra Dixon

Bannan Adam

Forrest Morrison Mackie

Rhodes

Subs-

Matt Philips, Snodgrass & Maloney as the 1st choice subs Miller and co should not be anywhere near the team.