Scotland v Macedonia

G.E.C.

We have seen it all before, results go bad and we are already looking at the next guy to take over BUT the current manager strings a few "we are only 2 points off the top of the table" lines and all of a sudden the SFA don't have the balls to do what is right.

The bawbags at the SFA will realise in a few months time when we are 6,7 and 8 points off the top of the table that the time to sack was infact TODAY 12/09/12.

The group is over. Levein's reign is over. Lets get a new guy in and give him the rest of the campaign to build for the next one (how many fucking times do we come out with that statement, but I firmly believe in it this time).

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be honest and admit that I thought Craig L was an OK appointment at the time, but he has been a huge disappointment.

I cannot see him turning this around, so for me it should be bye, bye, Craig. Not a chance in the SFA making that decision, they might be forced to act if he loses the next two games.

I think the nation as a whole needs a lift, everyone is doom and gloom (well Rangers fans apart) because of various things in the game. It's almost as if the people in charge are happy with Scotland just plodding along making no progress whatsoever but somehow try to justify it all with how many players in the squad are now playing in the top flight in England!

CL has shown he is not the man to get the best out of a fairly decent squad and a far better pool of players than Walter or McLeish had to choose from yet somehow is doing much worse. Everyone knows it yet nothing happens, the same boring excuses are brought up after every disappointing performance…2 points from the top keeps getting spouted yet 2 points in our first 2 games against the weaker teams in the group is swept under the carpet.

Like you say now is the time to make a change and give them a chance at least to mount any sort of challenge but I cant for the life of me see any of the buffoons in charge making the necessary moves to make this happen, the nation will once again suffer because no one wants to admit they were wrong be it appointing CL, sticking by him or isolating one of our best players.

That's what I was saying last night. I don't think playing in The Premiership is the be all and end all, but when close to half your squad are playing there on a weekly basis then you should be able to organise the team and set up so they can at least beat teams who are massively inferior to them and that isn't happening.

Scottish football needs a lift and that should start with the national team and filter down. Is Levein going to be that man? No chance. He isn't a good enough manager and he isn't charismatic enough to sell his ideas to the fans.

The ironic thing is that Scotland has produced a lot of top class managers over the last 10-15 years - a look through the EPL clubs will tell you this. The fact that we have to resort to the likes of Burley and Levein says a lot about the attractiveness of the Scotland job.

Dixon also looked every bit a Huddersfield left back last night. The amount of times he caught caught napping with the ball inside him was unreal.

I don't blame him though, because Lee Wallace should have been playing instead.

Dixon also looked every bit a Huddersfield left back last night. The amount of times he caught caught napping with the ball inside him was unreal.

I don't blame him though, because Lee Wallace should have been playing instead.

Lee Wallace is injured.

Last night was absolutely brutal. Macedonia were ranked over 50 places below Scotland and we never looked like we were going to win last night.

Frustrating thing is I think there's a core of a decent young team there but we're seemingly unwilling to go out there and push to win the game. 2 points from 6 is pitiful especially when both teams didn't really look up to much.

For me, the US better beat Jamaica tonight in Columbus, Ohio. Last week, we lost to the Jamaicans who now has the control of Group A in the 2014 World Cup CONCAAF qualifying round.

Hi Lando, hope you're well (tu) I like to see the US do well so hope they won!