Do any of us support Scotland Anymore?

StoneyGer

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to be into the national team, under Walter and Eck, at least. I think most people probably were.

As I grew up, I found myself growing a little disinterested in international football, at least during the season, I'm only really interested in Rangers, and see international breaks as an inconvenient disruption to the season. International football is only interesting to me when it's during the summer since there's no club football going on.

I find it hard to bother with our national team. I'm not a very patriotic Scot, so I don't find myself obligated to support them. There's also all the current issues going on that have made me rather bitter towards the Scottish football establishment in general. It's fair enough for someone like Ally to say, "Forget what the SFA have done, it's about the team.", but when you see stuff like Wallace and Black being left out, even though it's fucking clear that they should be there, but because they're playing in D3, they should be automatically left out. It just makes me wonder. Is Levein just really that stupid? Or is there something else going on? Does he really really base his squad on profile or even more arbitrarily, what league the players play in? If so, then you have to wonder about how he got the job and who gave him it.

Was a Div3 player that scored for N.I.so it goes to show what this arsehole knows.

I still support Scotland and always will.

I've always been club over country though, Rangers is my life.

I was outraged at the game at easter road and think Craig Levein is an anti-Rangers supporting moron who is tactically unaware and inept as a manager and offer him no support.

But, I was born and brought up here and Scotland and i'm proud to be both Scottish and British. I wouldn't turn my back on my national team because of a bunch of idiots.

At the same time, I can laugh when they get beat because they're not as important as Rangers.

Feel free to neg-rep. Just my opinion.

Feel same mate. Used to have lot more passion for Scotland. Still want them to win though.

Used to ardently support Scotland, but the last few years has seen that pride in the national team plummet dramatically. Angers me greatly as well because I very much want to back Scotland, but the poisoning of the support for me has had a huge impact on my feelings of loyalty. This was supposed to be a place where partisan league team support had no place - where we could all come together for the common good in support of our country. Unfortunately, that seems to have been buried under a tidal wave of anti-Rangers hatred and I have serious doubts as to whether sanity and common sense will ever return. I sincerely hope they will, but also firmly believe it will be a long time coming considering the current climate.

Levein has likely been told by his SFA bosses (who know SFA) that he can't pick Rangers players. No other way to explain it.

I will always support Scotland but at this moment it is very hard with certain players in the squad who I detest, a manager who comes out with ridiculous quotes on TV and a governing body who were complicit in trying to destroy my club. But I wont let those arseholes stop me supporting the country of my father

I still support Scotland and always will.

I've always been club over country though, Rangers is my life.

I was outraged at the game at easter road and think Craig Levein is an anti-Rangers supporting moron who is tactically unaware and inept as a manager and offer him no support.

But, I was born and brought up here and Scotland and i'm proud to be both Scottish and British. I wouldn't turn my back on my national team because of a bunch of idiots.

At the same time, I can laugh when they get beat because they're not as important as Rangers.

Feel free to neg-rep. Just my opinion.

I agree mate, good post. Don't know about laughing when they get beat but rangers come first.

Actually I retract that I wouldn't be happy to lose. Being a Scotland fan I think I have bought into this glorious defeat mentality and kind of accept and maybe expect it even when it inevitably comes from footballing nobodies.

Not fussy that our players aren't playing for Scotland at the minute though as I dont think our squad has enough strength in depth to deal with ANY international duty during this transfer ehmbargo. How long are we going to be without Little and Shiels? Its just not on with things the way they are.

Scotland are rank

Levins is out of his depth at international level i dont think he has players respect.

Internation football is corrupt aswell as champions league, the point system in place is to keep the top powerful nations away from each other to give them clearroute to finals.

How are england third in the world? I'd even expect scotland to give them a game.

I have stated in previous posts that I had washed my hands of Scotland. I didn't watch Saturday's game, and didn't know the score for hours. I watched 5 minutes of the "highlights" (criminal misuse of the word) and then switched off. It was an emotional desert for me.

Looks like I really don't give a fuck about them. A bit sad in some respects, but it is what it is.

I don't Support Scotland anymore because I can't bear to watch deserters like Naismith play for my nation. They have proven they are cowards. Not worthy of the shirt IMO.

You wont see much of the sub he's lucky he's getting 10 minutes under specky.