Roger Mitchell Has A Go At Green

1690 Posts

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

who?

ive a good mind OP to negrep ya for makin me read this utter shite.

guys clueless, another example of the absoulte abomination of journalistic standards in this country.

"Fact Green said on June 2012 that if his CVA proposal was to fail (which it did) and Rangers were to be liquidated (which they are), "the history, the tradition, everything that's great about this club is swept aside".

Therefore he admits he has not purchased titles and trophies. Sevco has no titles and trophies."

this is the sort of shite a pished ra shellick fan spouts on a terrorist cheerleading supporters bus, not an article in the Herald.

1. He the guys has the cheek to use quote marks for: "the history, the tradition, everything that's great about this club is swept aside" - Green never said that, i know the interview he is talking about, it's Green talking about Dave King who asked the fans not to support a CVA, he merely said that a CVA keeps the traditions of the club so why would a man like King oppose that? It doesnt mean liquidation loses everything, ofcourse Green doesnt think that or he wouldnt have tried to buy the club in such a way. But a CVA certainly would have kept the tradtion of the company set up in 1899 and saved face, so to speak.

he then uses a quote he made up as a citation of evidence that we have no titles :lol:

who?

ive a good mind OP to negrep ya for makin me read this utter shite.

guys clueless, another example of the absoulte abomination of journalistic standards in this country.

"Fact Green said on June 2012 that if his CVA proposal was to fail (which it did) and Rangers were to be liquidated (which they are), "the history, the tradition, everything that's great about this club is swept aside".

Therefore he admits he has not purchased titles and trophies. Sevco has no titles and trophies."

this is the sort of shite a pished ra shellick fan spouts on a terrorist cheerleading supporters bus, not an article in the Herald.

1. He the guys has the cheek to use quote marks for: "the history, the tradition, everything that's great about this club is swept aside" - Green never said that, i know the interview he is talking about, it's Green talking about Dave King who asked the fans not to support a CVA, he merely said that a CVA keeps the traditions of the club so why would a man like King oppose that? It doesnt mean liquidation loses everything, ofcourse Green doesnt think that or he wouldnt have tried to buy the club in such a way. But a CVA certainly would have kept the tradtion of the company set up in 1899 and saved face, so to speak.

he then uses a quote he made up as a citation of evidence that we have no titles :lol:

Ricky you can give me all the negative reps that you like as it does not bother me. But what i will say, is that is why they attack us as shown in the past when we would not fight back.

Reply from Roger Mitchell.

For someone who claimed the Scottish Premier League was a really bad idea a few weeks ago, I found myself surprised that I felt the strong urge to defend my former organisation in the face of the bombast from Charles Green.

I truly hope by the time that this is read, someone officially representing the SPL will have done likewise. I ask myself, does Green actually buy this stuff? Let's take a look:

Claim 1 Rangers ceased to be subject to the SPL's rules when they were ejected from their league.

Fact Rangers oldco was not ejected from the SPL. The fact that Rangers went into liquidation automatically expelled them from the league. The SPL shareholders then decided not to make an exception and let them back in. Two very different things.

Rangers haven't gone into liquidation.

Claim 2 The outcome of the SPL's process will have no legal effect.

Fact What the SPL are deciding upon is whether their tournament and their trophy was assigned to the correct club in the years in question.

The SPL have every right to examine whether participants in their competition behaved within the rules. And if they find they haven't, they can apply their rule book as recourse. More Green nonsense.

I do, however, agree with him that "whatever decision they reach is a decision of the SPL". Indeed. But the SPL should be proud of that, and not hide behind the Law Lords.

The SPL are examining the conduct of the participants in their competition well before Rangers went into liquidation, in particular the conduct of the club then owned by Sir David Murray, with the club secretary role (in charge of those player registrations) held by Campbell Ogilvie (whatever happened to him?). Charles Green and Sevco have nothing to do with this. Whatsoever.

Claim 3 The new owners purchased all the business and assets of Rangers, including titles and trophies.

Fact Green said on June 2012 that if his CVA proposal was to fail (which it did) and Rangers were to be liquidated (which they are), "the history, the tradition, everything that's great about this club is swept aside".

Therefore he admits he has not purchased titles and trophies. Sevco has no titles and trophies.

Where does he admit this ??

By the way, Charles, I would not provoke commentators like me to dig this up, because what you said is not what the Rangers fans want to hear now, as you now correctly realise. Let it lie, Charlie, let it lie.

What he said yesterday was clearly not what Timmy wants to hear and is very much afraid of what will happen if we don't let it lie, let it lie.

So, even one with a leaning towards Govan would argue that, under the most superficial scrutiny, Green's attack is less than robust. But sometimes you have to chuck a dog a bone. So, to be fair, Charlie is right with his complaint on the SPL's lack of consistency,

Green states: "The SPL took part in discussions regarding the new company's league status, where 'the EBT issue' would be dealt with as part of a package of sanctions which would be implemented in return for membership.

"We do not accept that people who are willing to come to an agreement on such matters then have a right to instigate a full-blown inquisition when matters do not unfold as they thought they would."

Sadly this falls into the general shambles of the management of the affair by the SFA/SPL. I made my own view clear on the leadership of both bodies in the summer. But I cannot see how the credibility of the current process on a simple point of law over false registration of players with Employee Benefit Trusts (being handled by independent top QCs) can be derailed by claims that the prosecutor behaved incoherently months earlier.

Ah so all this should just be chalked up to SPL/SFA incompetence and is irrelevant cos we should just accept they are incompetent. Precedent only matters when it is Rangers. The fact other clubs haven't been treated the same is another irrelevance.

Good debating point, Charles, but it's not enough. Instead, all of us who love the game and who hold true sporting values in our Hearts (SFL3 feeder club) (SFL3 feeder club) have a simple question: Did Rangers oldco gain unfair advantage by registering players on a basis where their full employment conditions were not declared to the SPL/SFA?

No they didn't. If we did this and had informed the SFA and SPL, would they have did anything about a perfectly legal scheme ? NO. Therefore no advantage gained whatsoever. It is merely an administrative matter, blown up to attack us.

In my timmy mind the answer is undoubtedly 'yes'. But let's not forget the lessons of Versailles: bloodlust rebounds.

The SPL enquiry punishment doesn't arouse great passion in me. And it shouldn't either for Celtic fans. For them I'd argue the victory is in the fact that their greatest rival died. The true agenda shows.

The 125-year long struggle ended with the collapse of the adversary. The war was won. Achilles vanquished Hector. Is the war over ?

In closing, from Mark Anthony onwards history tells us that well-crafted oratory can influence the mob.

While Charles Green is no great speaker or statesman, I must admit, he is no dummy. And there is no doubt that his audience is the mob, whose money and favour he needs in order to exit the Rangers investment project with a financial return.

Ah-ha, pulling out every cheap shot now. Even the cliched "Greens only doing it for the money" :lol:

Stoking up hatred has always energised "the base", another example of which we saw in the Republican convention in these days.

We also saw it in the run up to the SPL and SFA votes and we know what happened there.

Well done, Charles. Initial Public Offering of shares here we come.

A-Ha, Green in it for the money again.

For Scottish football, the days of enlightenment around the Tommy Burns funeral are long gone, and I fear the worst.

He'd better fear the worst, cos if the SPL don't drop this, we'll bring what's left of their bankrupt corrupt league down about their ears.

We're coming.

Fuck sake shite like this should carry a ***Warning*** it has put me off ma lunch

Honestly have no idea who he is but surely the fact he is calling us "Sevco" kills any credibility this article has. Its clearly written by a taig.

The supposed Charles Green quote is nowhere to be found either, searched for it and cant find it anywhere.

The wee fud pad was the SPL secretary before Dungcaster

Put him on the list. :wanker:

Aye in big bingo marker

Roger Mitchell is a Celtic supporter and all-round disaster. Here's an article from WSC in January 2003 when he left the SPL. I particularly liked:

After four and a half years in what was presumably a pretty hot seat, Mitchell leaves the SPL in a right old state. The television deal they signed at the start of this season is worth roughly a third of the previous one. Attendances are down across the board. The 12 member clubs have a collective debt of £140 million and ten of them are currently serving out their two-year notice of resignation.

----------------------------------------

Mitchell principles

Roger Mitchell has left the Scottish Premier League, his departure mourned by just about nobody. Paul Hutton rushes to join the chorus of disapproval

It must be open season on football administrators. Just a couple of weeks after Adam Crozier took his leave from the FA, Roger Mitchell, chief executive of the Scottish Premier League, is handing in the keys to the company car.

But while Crozier’s departure seems to have been regarded by the press as regrettable, the Scottish sporting media have relished taking turns at metaphor­ic­ally kicking Mitchell’s diminutive frame around the block. Before he’d even managed to gather up his exec­utive toys or make a run on the stationery cupboard, every Scottish paper had laid into him with some abandon. It’s hardly been an edifying sight, and was very nearly enough to evoke a twinge of sympathy (not an emotion I was expecting to feel).

Still, you can hardly blame them – you might ask why they didn’t have a pop while he was still in office, but that’s another issue. After four and a half years in what was presumably a pretty hot seat, Mitchell leaves the SPL in a right old state. The television deal they signed at the start of this season is worth roughly a third of the previous one. Attendances are down across the board. The 12 member clubs have a collective debt of £140 million and ten of them are currently serving out their two-year notice of resignation.

That’s just the recent events, but if you look further back the picture doesn’t get any rosier. When he was appointed, Mitchell told anyone who would listen how innovative the new league would be. We could expect to witness all-star games and cross-border competitions – thankfully, neither materialised. We did get the replacement of reserve football with an Under-21 league (which means fringe players and those returning from injury rarely get the chance to play a match) and the requirement of a 10,000-seat stad­ium for league membership. While no one would deny that many Scottish grounds needed (and in many cases still need) upgrading, this rule has resulted in more than a few clubs spending bey­ond their means to build grounds of a size that only a handful would ever actually fill with any sort of regularity.

I will concede that not all the blame for these problems can be laid at Mit­chell’s door. The minimum seating requirement, for example, is a fond favourite of club chairmen intent on maintaining SPL membership. But even if you leave aside the occasional gaffe – he suggested ear­lier this year that anyone who thought Partick Thistle would cope in the Premier League had been “smoking dope” – you are still left with a picture of a man who looks out of his depth.

Again, no one would deny that the TV deal the SPL signed with Sky four years ago brought in a lot of cash, but it was signed at the high point of Sky’s largesse – just about anyone could have negotiated it. With the media rights mar­ket starting to crumble Mitchell tried to play hardball with Sky earlier this year and, predictably, lost. While his planned response, for the league to set up its own TV station, might be forward thinking and a model for the future, no one beyond Mitchell and some consultants seem­ed to think it could be a success at this time. And ultimately, you can’t help feeling that a chief executive has to take some of the blame when things go this badly wrong.

You might think that someone with that record of success might not have much more wisdom to offer, but you’d be mistaken. At the press conference confirming his resignation Mit­chell stuck to the view that his four years had been, pretty much, a suc­cess, though he also said he felt that the way forward for Scottish foot­ball would involve one single organisation running all aspects of the game. Quite how forming the SPL, which created a third organisation, might have helped achieve this goal wasn’t made clear. But if nothing else, at least it looks as though he’s leaving office with his sense of irony intact.

Fact Rangers oldco was not ejected from the SPL. The fact that Rangers went into liquidation automatically expelled them from the league. The SPL shareholders then decided not to make an exception and let them back in. Two very different things.

Incorrect. Newco bought RANGERS FOOTBALL CLUB from Oldco the SPL refused to accept the transfer of share. There was NO automatic expulsion rule. The only rule was that the board had to vote on acceptance of the share transfer, they abrogated their responsibility to the clubs, who in turn did the same to their fans. Let's not alter history as many of our enemies are good at. The SPL rejected RANGERS FOOTBALL CLUB, we were not 'automatically' expelled because of newco.

Fact Green said on June 2012 that if his CVA proposal was to fail (which it did) and Rangers were to be liquidated (which they are), "the history, the tradition, everything that's great about this club is swept aside".

Selective quoting and misrepresenting his words, another stellar tactic of our enemies. The full comment was in regard to no-one purchasing the club, in which case the CLUB AND the COMPANY would have ceased to exist. In reality, RANGERS FOOTBALL CLUB was purchased and transferred out of administration into a newco, leaving the oldco with nothing but cash and liabilities to be liquidated (it still hasn't yet, FACT).

Therefore he admits he has not purchased titles and trophies. Sevco has no titles and trophies.

Quite simply, no.

By the way, Charles, I would not provoke commentators like me to dig this up, because what you said is not what the Rangers fans want to hear now, as you now correctly realise. Let it lie, Charlie, let it lie.

Of course that is what you want, the truth buried. You can dig and twist and spout propaganda all you want. Green has you all on the back foot and retreating faster than the Italians.

Good debating point, Charles, but it's not enough. Instead, all of us who love the game and who hold true sporting values in our Hearts (SFL3 feeder club) (SFL3 feeder club) (SFL3 feeder club) have a simple question: Did Rangers oldco gain unfair advantage by registering players on a basis where their full employment conditions were not declared to the SPL/SFA?

Interesting that you should raise that because to any fair minded commentator the answer is obviously no. We paid for the players, never missed a wage and only went into administration because a crook took us over. Thanks for helping our case.

In my mind the answer is undoubtedly 'yes'. But let's not forget the lessons of Versailles: bloodlust rebounds.

We all know your mind and that says enough about your position.

Saw the article's headline in The Herald online and elected not to read it; the same tired anti-Rangers bile from them, with no doubt the same vacuous twats responding in applause underneath. Better things to do with my time than to waste it on that rubbish.

Lying Mhedia scumball Journalist defends corrupt Football Organisation against Truth telling Football Club CEO.

Anyone see the Irony in this?

Now take this shite, and shove it where the Sun doesn't shine

See you in Court you hypocrytical scumball.

Facts are everything was declared unlike some things at Porkheed.