Do you think the allseated stadia post Hillsborough were a change for the better

Thermopylae

I have to say the bigger the game the more I wanted to stand ... septic park is always the biggest away game and it was a bit of a downer the first time we showed up and it was all wee seats :anguish:. It's strange because it never bothered me at Ibrox so I think it's just something in the midset of going to away games that makes you want to be part of a large mass of your fellow supporters backing the team to the hilt :clap:

Obviously it's better from a safety and crowd control angle.

But for all a packed terracing - where you could end up twenty yards away from where you were standing, not see most of the game for some big guy ending up in front of you, standing in a pool of pish or worse feel it running down your leg from the guy behind you, have your nose and mouth filled with choking dust, and have to keep an eye on flying bottles or cans - must sound like another planet to those too young to remember it, the atmosphere was so much better.

Obviously it's better from a safety and crowd control angle.

But for all a packed terracing - where you could end up twenty yards away from where you were standing, not see most of the game for some big guy ending up in front of you, standing in a pool of pish or worse feel it running down your leg from the guy behind you, have your nose and mouth filled with choking dust, and have to keep an eye on flying bottles or cans - must sound like another planet to those too young to remember it, the atmosphere was so much better.

I bet you would love to go back there though ;)

I bet you would love to go back there though ;)

Absolutely, most of my best football memories are from that era.

ECWC semi against Bayern, Tam Forsyth Cup Final, Easter Road league championship in 1975, the 1976 Treble winning Cup Final - even a couple of Scotland games, hard as that is to imagine now - against Czechoslovakia to qualify for the 1974 World Cup Finals and against England at Hampden in 1974.

Used to stand in the west enclosure was gutted when they put the seats in.

Both the enclosures used to be where the singing started the atmosphere was generated.

The Union bears & Blue order do a cracking job of creating an atmosphere in the stadium.

Would love for them to be moved to the enclosures with a safe standing area created.

Absolutely, most of my best football memories are from that era.

ECWC semi against Bayern, Tam Forsyth Cup Final, Easter Road league championship in 1975, the 1976 Treble winning Cup Final - even a couple of Scotland games, hard as that is to imagine now - against Czechoslovakia to qualify for the 1974 World Cup Finals and against England at Hampden in 1974.

Well at least we have the memories the youngsters now will never know how good it was :clap: