A short interview with Alan Irving. General Secretary of Annan Athletic

MosesMcNeil

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On the subject of programmes...... do Annan (and the other sfl3 sides) have any means of selling to bears who cant get tickets?

Im sure that the 'sold' numbers would seriously rocket if they were made available to buy and have sent thru the post.

Moses....any idea?

A quick google throws up this page...

Annan programmes

which looks like it's just waiting for your brilliant idea. Maybe suggest it on their guestbook page?

Annan guestbook page

Fuck Annan athletic. They embarrased themselves by allowing such sponsorship - and it's disrespecting an oppnent in thier league.

i'll phone them up and ask if i can sponsor a player for £20 under the title "Big Jock Knew Foundation against Child Abuse" - wonder if they'd go for it?

fuckin tramps - i hope we play them off the pitch and Greig Thorburn, Michael Daly & Michael McGowan leave the pitch on a stretcher.

Fuck Annan athletic. They embarrased themselves by allowing such sponsorship - and it's disrespecting an oppnent in thier league.

i'll phone them up and ask if i can sponsor a player for £20 under the title "Big Jock Knew Foundation against Child Abuse" - wonder if they'd go for it?

fuckin tramps - i hope we play them off the pitch and Greig Thorburn, Michael Daly & Michael McGowan leave the pitch on a stretcher.

I disagree with every single point you make, and I sincerely hope there aren't many Bears who share those views.

Edit: Actually, not every point - I hope we play them off the pitch too - but fairly.

you think they'd let me sponsor a player under big jock knew for £20?

you must be joking.

and just point out with regards to my previous post, their supposedly a "professional" football club.

Try it.

How awesome would it be if you got it? Well worth £20 I'd say.

I don't think Annan have done anything wrong. Business is business, and if you've not sold all your sponsorship slots, you take what you can get. It's only offensive if we choose to find it offensive.

Try it.

How awesome would it be if you got it? Well worth £20 I'd say.

I don't think Annan have done anything wrong. Business is business, and if you've not sold all your sponsorship slots, you take what you can get. It's only offensive if we choose to find it offensive.

i dont find it offensive, i find it unprofessional. If they want to do sponsorship deals that they know are designed to antagonise us, then they can reap what they sew and are no friends of ours.

You are correct, the farce of allowing these fuckers to sponsor their players is two fingers up at Rangers, hope we trample the bastards into the ground.

Oh well, I'm outvoted, so I'll accept defeat.

But I intend to mark my journey through these divisions with nothing but friendship for these wee teams. TBH I would find the thought of 50,000 fans hurling abuse at the 100 or so fans (who are really mostly the mums and dads of the players, and a few old codgers who've gone to every game for over a century) as extremely ignoble and unworthy of the famous Rangers. But each to their own, I suppose :21:

Why are Kerrydale Street and Aberdeen fans sponsoring Annan players?

I suspect the motivation behind Steve Gilhooley's two season tickets might be more interesting?

Steve Gilhooley is a rc priest and Sellik supporter. He was chased from Scotland by Cardinal O'Brien. His crime was to publish an account of his time attending rc seminary, 'Pyjama Parade'. As the title suggests, the priests lined up the children in their PJs and selected their evening's entertainment. O'Brien was uncomfortable with such candour and banished him to the land of cuckoo clocks and Toblerone.

I wonder what rabid Sellik supporter and constant critic of the rc church's handling of child rape cases thinks of the activities of the convicted Jim Torbet, Frank Cairney, and John Cullen?

Aberdeen Fans for Sporting Integrity ~ " Sponsors of Greig Thorburn"

are they really this pathetic? i get asked by folk over here all the time about what is happening, and they honestly believe i am making things up. and come to think of it, when i listen to myself, it sounds made up:

1. teams dependent on us for cash voted us out of the league

2. fans of these same clubs sponsor teams in our new division, but wont turn up to see their own team

3. rules are made up to punish us retrospectively (this is normally where people think i'm crazy).

i cant remember the others, but when i see fans that are this bigoted and narrow-minded, i'm not unhappy i left.

by the way for any 'supporters' of Aberdeen looking in. why dont you try to care about your club more than you hate us? it may improve you as a people.

i dont find it offensive, i find it unprofessional. If they want to do sponsorship deals that they know are designed to antagonise us, then they can reap what they sew and are no friends of ours.

Reap what they sow? Really? Annan?

Annan are a tiny club. They have a statement on their site that clarifies their view on the summer of trouble for Scottish football. Within that statement, Annan encouraged the 'keyboard warriors' (yes, their exact words) to be as good as their word and support all clubs by sponsoring players, buying a match a ball and to do what they could.

You would have Annan turn down monies from the very people who they asked for support because the motives of those donating are questionable to supporters of The Rangers? It makes no sense.

They are a fine club and are excited about offering our support and club the warmest welcome. I expect they will get nothing but the same from our support at the match.

this sfl love in bores the shit right out me

Have you not noticed the profound difference in the atmosphere at matches this season? I can't see how it's possible if you have been to a game.

The comparison with the hostility, hate and bile we have grown accustomed to down the years is startling. Tangibly so.

On the subject of programmes...... do Annan (and the other sfl3 sides) have any means of selling to bears who cant get tickets?

Im sure that the 'sold' numbers would seriously rocket if they were made available to buy and have sent thru the post.

Moses....any idea?

Sorry, I don't have a clue, but you could call them and ask. I'd expect them to be every bit as helpful as I found them this afternoon.

Annan are a tiny club. They have a statement on their site that clarifies their view on the summer of trouble for Scottish football. Within that statement, Annan encouraged the 'keyboard warriors' (yes, their exact words) to be as good as their word and support all clubs by sponsoring players, buying a match a ball and to do what they could.

You would have Annan turn down monies from the very people who they asked for support because the motives of those donating are questionable to supporters of The Rangers? It makes no sense.

They are a fine club and are excited about offering our support and club the warmest welcome. I expect they will get nothing but the same from our support at the match.

Brilliant post!

now it's 2 against 2, so we'll call it a draw :craphead:

Have you not noticed the profound difference in the atmosphere at matches this season? I can't see how it's possible if you have been to a game.

The comparison with the hostility, hate and bile we have grown accustomed to down the years is startling. Tangibly so.

yes I went to the ES game but have missed the last 2 home games as I was on holiday. I'm sorry but I give no support of any kind to our opposition as that's exactly what they are. you talk about hostility, hate and bile as if we were free from that last season, we took it but we also gave it. I think as a fan group we know we're going to canter this league once we go on a run so were going to enjoy it with less pressure on us.

i don't understand the defence of diddy club Annan here.

they accepted money from fucking kerryfiddler street and a bunch of sheepshaggin bastards as a jibe at us. to poke fun at us. im not offended by it. I wasnt offended by the falkirk announcer calling us sevco. But yes, they can reap what they sew, which hopefully will be a backlash from our fans.

if you were piss poor and eating a tin of beans and left over scraps from wheely bins, you might decide to accept an offer of £100 to get IRA tattoed across yer forehead, but you wouldn't expect to walk into ibrox again, flouting the excuse you had to do it for a hot dinner, would you?

I know it's an extreme example, but they made their bed, so they can lie in it. Fuck them and their kerryfiddlin, sheepshaggin sponsors.

yes I went to the ES game but have missed the last 2 home games as I was on holiday. I'm sorry but I give no support of any kind to our opposition as that's exactly what they are. you talk about hostility, hate and bile as if we were free from that last season, we took it but we also gave it. I think as a fan group we know we're going to canter this league once we go on a run so were going to enjoy it with less pressure on us.

We gave it cos they deserved it.

These guys don't.

Moses....any idea?

I've just got an email back from John @ Annan...

Hi (my name deleted)

Attached application form is probably the easiest way to obtain a programme, but be quick limited number being printed.

Regards

John

PROGRAMME APPLICATIONS

ANNAN ATHLETIC v RANGERS

SATURDAY 15TH SEPTEMBER 2012

Programmes available at £4 each (including postage) and can be obtained by completing the information required below to:

“Programmes”

Annan Athletic Football Club

Galabank

North Street

Annan

DG12 5DQ

……………………………………………………………………………………………….

I/we wish to purchase programmes at £4 each and enclose my/our remittance/cheque of £ in payment.

Name ………………….

Address …………………..

…………………..

………………….

…...………………

Post Code ……………………