We Are Missing A Massive Opportunity

I remember the PLG era starting; as other posters have alluded to, with some of the best football have ever seen from a Rangers side. There was chance after chance being created with much of it, at least in the beginning, being of an equal or better standard compared to Advocaat’s teams. That done with a far lesser calibre of player by that time, mainly with him having a much smaller budget.

I sometimes think that if PLG had been a Rangers legend and had been from Govan that he might still be here, he certainly would have lasted for far longer than his actual tenure did.

I remember the PLG era starting; as other posters have alluded to, with some of the best football have ever seen from a Rangers side. There was chance after chance being created with much of it, at least in the beginning, being of an equal or better standard compared to Advocaat’s teams. That done with a far lesser calibre of player by that time, mainly with him having a much smaller budget.

I sometimes think that if PLG had been a Rangers legend and had been from Govan that he might still be here, he certainly would have lasted for far longer than his actual tenure did.

TBF thats thats pish by October time the football was as bad as Big Ecks the previous season.

We have all heard the "ahhh" noise that goes up at Ibrox when a ball is played sideways or backwards, Hell even Barry Ferguson got pelters for playing the simple possession keeping pass.

Play it long yer dammed play it safe yer dammed <cr>

Ferguson though, particularly latterly to my mind, played the crab ball ad nauseum.

There is a balance somewhere in the middle surely. I think the vast majority of us would be happy to see our midfield with the technical ability to play it through the centre of the park, showing for the ball, passing movements, triangles etc.

At the very least we shouldn’t playing Jig in midfield. I like the big man up front, he is well on his way to being a Rangers legend now as well, this does not change the fact that he is a bomb scare in CM and gives us the running, turning and build up speed of the Queen Mary.

TBF thats thats pish by October time the football was as bad as Big Ecks the previous season.

Caused mainly by overpaid spoiled brats imo, mainly instigated by the player you mentioned. I said the first few games; some of the football at the end was not pretty, especially at the back, not helped by the signing of that Swedish tit.

If you watched the first two or three games he was in charge for, with the brand of football we were playing, my point stands and is far from being pish.

Under Ally as it stands we aren't going to move forward we need to completley change our style of play as it's 15 years out of date the whole football world is moving forward while we are just standing still despite being given this massive opportunity to change out entire football ethos yet we are missing it because we are stuck in the past and refuse to move on from the inbred bubble of Scottish football. People are happy to just brush of any losses and our style of play by saying "stop moaning we are lucky to even have a team" what a fucking shite excuse that is the fact is we do have a team and we need to start building our club back up again and it's not the losses and draws that concern me most it's the style of play we have and our lack of change from the failed system we had before.

Ally is on a tightrope just now but there are still some idiots that are suggesting he should keep the job even if he carries on like this just because he is a big Rangers man no that doesn't wash with me he is a Rangers legend and he will always have my respect but he needs to start proving himself as a manger we can't just think about the past we need to start building a future. As for the stuff about not having a "devine right to win games" as someone said yesterday yes we fucking do we are Rangers a massive club with 45 thousand supporters every other week with a huge wage bill playing against a bunch of plumbers, joiners and policemen who are payed very little it's not disrespectful it's the truth our squad should be at least picking up full points and if Ally can't do that then he isn't cut out for football management.

People are missing the bigger picture sure we will probably scrape promotion eventually but that is just brushing over the issues we have and one day in the future we will find ourselves in the exact same position of financial ruin because we are to stuck in our ways to change we need to completley re develop our youth system get rid of the moron in charge now and get a Dutch or a Spanish youth coach in to oversee this and get a manager and 1st team coaching staff that can make us play 21st century football I would love that to be Ally but unless he starts showing it soon then we need somebody new.

So people need to stop being so close minded and thinking in the inbred bubble of Scottish football we need change it's not about losing a few points or being knocked out of the Ramsden cup they are just symptoms of a far bigger problem than needs sorting and quickly otherwise we will be on the road of mediocrity.

Best post on here since the game mate (tu)

Well, maybe after the system 32 one :P

Spot on Sporting - I've been feeling the exact same way for a while now. The big draw of Division 3 was the probability to rebuild a strong, young, pacy team that could retain possession and dictate games. It'll take time, but it's worth it as it'll reap the rewards for years to come.

It seems pretty evident this coaching team can't instill that phylosophy.

your agreeing that we should be winning every game as SL said but then you concede that it will take time to build the youth, the 2 do not go hand in hand.

agreed that we are in a myre at the moment, but we could be getting off to a slow start. Ally deserves more than knee jerk reaction from fans, if he hasn't turned this round by November then yes, it is time to look elsewhere, but will people be saying get him to fuck in 8 weeks if he goes on to destroy teams home and away with at least 4 goals per game? It's one loss and a poor start, do you realise how fickle it would be to sack a manager on that stat?

and agreed bout the coaching staff, IMO they should be under the spotlight far more than what they are, they are ultimately responsible for player advancement beyond their own self discipline.

Ferguson though, particularly latterly to my mind, played the crab ball ad nauseum.

There is a balance somewhere in the middle surely. I think the vast majority of us would be happy to see our midfield with the technical ability to play it through the centre of the park, showing for the ball, passing movements, triangles etc.

At the very least we shouldn’t playing Jig in midfield. I like the big man up front, he is well on his way to being a Rangers legend now as well, this does not change the fact that he is a bomb scare in CM and gives us the running, turning and build up speed of the Queen Mary.

The crab doh

The centre of the park is like the London tube station at lunch hour when we play, but i agree about the showing and passing part etc. And having watched Black in the last few weeks he is very poor at this part of his game.

I hate Jig in midfield but tbf he is not much better up front he is hardly a goal threat has no pace with his strength being on getting on the end of a long ball which has proved a success a few times in the last 8 month.

IMO Little has been a big loss in the last two games

The crab doh

The centre of the park is like the London tube station at lunch hour when we play, but i agree about the showing and passing part etc. And having watched Black in the last few weeks he is very poor at this part of his game.

I hate Jig in midfield but tbf he is not much better up front he is hardly a goal threat has no pace with his strength being on getting on the end of a long ball which has proved a success a few times in the last 8 month.

Big Lee, at this stage of his career, is far, far better suited to his spot up front, he still has the technique and is probably one of the best finishers at the club now.

OK then, square ball from ma baw, then? It became tiresome to watch, not even as if many a time there wasn't a better all on further up the park or a chance to move it forward. It was tiresome in the extreme. The annoyance being, in his first spell with us he showed he didn't have to play like that, albeit with a higher standard of player around him.

Big Lee, at this stage of his career, is far, far better suited to his spot up front, he still has the technique and is probably one of the best finishers at the club now.

OK then, square ball from ma baw, then? It became tiresome to watch, not even as if many a time there wasn't a better all on further up the park or a chance to move it forward. It was tiresome in the extreme. The annoyance being, in his first spell with us he showed he didn't have to play like that, albeit with a higher standard of player around him.

The crab? Ma baw? tiresome to watch.

In there is the problem with Scottish football fans! keeping possession is tiresome and getting it up quick is frustrating unless we get a player on the end of the long ball.

Under Ally as it stands we aren't going to move forward we need to completley change our style of play as it's 15 years out of date the whole football world is moving forward while we are just standing still despite being given this massive opportunity to change out entire football ethos yet we are missing it because we are stuck in the past and refuse to move on from the inbred bubble of Scottish football. People are happy to just brush of any losses and our style of play by saying "stop moaning we are lucky to even have a team" what a fucking shite excuse that is the fact is we do have a team and we need to start building our club back up again and it's not the losses and draws that concern me most it's the style of play we have and our lack of change from the failed system we had before.

Ally is on a tightrope just now but there are still some idiots that are suggesting he should keep the job even if he carries on like this just because he is a big Rangers man no that doesn't wash with me he is a Rangers legend and he will always have my respect but he needs to start proving himself as a manger we can't just think about the past we need to start building a future. As for the stuff about not having a "devine right to win games" as someone said yesterday yes we fucking do we are Rangers a massive club with 45 thousand supporters every other week with a huge wage bill playing against a bunch of plumbers, joiners and policemen who are payed very little it's not disrespectful it's the truth our squad should be at least picking up full points and if Ally can't do that then he isn't cut out for football management.

People are missing the bigger picture sure we will probably scrape promotion eventually but that is just brushing over the issues we have and one day in the future we will find ourselves in the exact same position of financial ruin because we are to stuck in our ways to change we need to completley re develop our youth system get rid of the moron in charge now and get a Dutch or a Spanish youth coach in to oversee this and get a manager and 1st team coaching staff that can make us play 21st century football I would love that to be Ally but unless he starts showing it soon then we need somebody new.

So people need to stop being so close minded and thinking in the inbred bubble of Scottish football we need change it's not about losing a few points or being knocked out of the Ramsden cup they are just symptoms of a far bigger problem than needs sorting and quickly otherwise we will be on the road of mediocrity.

Good post. Very similar to what I have been posting for the last couple of months. Its time for radical surgery.

The crab? Ma baw? tiresome to watch.

In there is the problem with Scottish football fans! keeping possession is tiresome and getting it up quick is frustrating unless we get a player on the end of the long ball.

You are missing my point, I am agreeing with you and saying that is exactly what is wrong with Scottish football, however, doing so while moving it through the middle, at pace, bringing your wide men into play, all this while moving the ball forward.

Not, as I did say during his last spell, spraying lovely exhibition passes around whilst never getting over the halfway line and passing the ball back over the halfway line simply to avoid giving the ball away and thinking you are a player.

As I said there is a balance, a Javi or a Boban as an example perhaps. Ferguson in his latter time with us was just as bad as what we both agree we don't wish to see, and just about as effective.

The crab doh

After watching Perry and Cribari, I would consider playing lee at centre half. I do not like him playing in the middle of the park, or as a striker. I think he is a dreadful, and the notion that he may be 'rewarded' with a new contract is scandalous. I want footballers at Rangers, not big lumps who barely contribute.

Good post. Very similar to what I have been posting for the last couple of months. Its time for radical surgery.

The surgery starts from the bottom so it would not be obvious after 6 weeks of first team football or 13 month if you want to take last season into account.

After watching Perry and Cribari, I would consider playing lee at centre half. I do not like him playing in the middle of the park, or as a striker. I think he is a dreadful, and the notion that he may be 'rewarded' with a new contract is scandalous. I want footballers at Rangers, not big lumps who barely contribute.

Who do we play up front though? Sandaza, Kyle after he shifts about two stone? Neither options exactly inspire me with much confidence.

Who do we play up front though? Sandaza, Kyle after he shifts about two stone? Neither options exactly inspire me with much confidence.

We are short of numbers, that is a problem. With Little out injured I would like Sandaza to get a run. He has not impressed much but he has something about him, it just has not worked yet for various reasons. Sandaza upfront with Mckay in behind. McKay is our most exciting player with Templeton out at the moment, so lets move him into the hub of the action and away from that bloody wing. Mckay centrally may also help our static midfield trio, who do not have a creative idea between them.