Is Ally the Man?

thebooler

Now before yeez aw jump doon ma fuckin throat for yet another Ally thread, bear with me!

I listened to his post match interview earlier, and one thing that jumped out at me, was how he emphasised that the players should learn from that performance last night. It got me thinking...........................

Are we maybe being a bit too harsh on Ally for the crap football we've been playing regularly this season? Is Ally looking for his players to play with attacking flair, and when they don't, we blame him?

I'm starting to think he's sending them out to attack, and with so many players in the team not having played together too often, coupled with the fact we've got the inexperienced youngsters in there as well, the team may be a bit hesitant and lack the confidence required to go out and attack teams?

We were the underdogs last night (according tae every cunt in the country who's no a Bear) and the players just "went for it".

Once this team gets a few more games below it's belt, I think Ally might just be onto something here.

And don't forget, we were without Little, Templeton and Black last night.

He has brought in a lor of Attack minded players.

Even the defence have some movement in there and have quite a bit of pace.

Indeed the signs where there against Montrose, and it was pleasing to the eye.

Last night they where outstanding, and the Boy Aird went for it.

Very immpressive.

Happy Loyal.

Now before yeez aw jump doon ma fuckin throat for yet another Ally thread, bear with me!

I listened to his post match interview earlier, and one thing that jumped out at me, was how he emphasised that the players should learn from that performance last night. It got me thinking...........................

Are we maybe being a bit too harsh on Ally for the crap football we've been playing regularly this season? Is Ally looking for his players to play with attacking flair, and when they don't, we blame him?

I'm starting to think he's sending them out to attack, and with so many players in the team not having played together too often, coupled with the fact we've got the inexperienced youngsters in there as well, the team may be a bit hesitant and lack the confidence required to go out and attack teams?

We were the underdogs last night (according tae every cunt in the country who's no a Bear) and the players just "went for it".

Once this team gets a few more games below it's belt, I think Ally might just be onto something here.

I think you're spot on. A lot of people conveniently forget this is a new squad. Even with those few injuries the team that went out last night had most likely never played together in a starting 11. It is always going to take time and confidence to get them to go out and enjoy themselves which I think is half the battle. They may be feeling the pressure to perform, which has always been the case with Rangers and our expectations, so I'm very pleased with the performance last night. I strongly believe in another couple of games we will be flying high. That game last night will be huge for their confidence and will drive them on. I'm only jealous I can't make it to the games. The supporters have been incredible to turn out in the numbers and rest assured, if I didn't lose my job 3 years ago I'd be at Ibrox with my ST at every opportunity. As it is, I'm on the sidelines and can't help but feel immensely proud of everything to do with the club I support and love. I could go on forever about how proud I am to be involved with Rangers FC but I don't think I can find the words to do it or my fellow supporters justice, so I'll stop there and simply say - We Are The People. :praise:

heritic :pipe:

but I agree he wants an attacking team and as they jell will only get better!

It might be the case, but to me it looks like we have two ways of playing.. The punt up the park, which we saw in periods of the game last night, and the "football" approach. It is clear to see which approach is more effective and suits the players better. Im fairly certain that "the punt" is an instruction.. I just wish that the "football" approach was our tactic from the off. Obviously you need to mix it up as well..

Fact is when Motherwell arrived last night I noticed something in the first half,....we were not that force anymore,.......when clubs used to come to Ibrox the result was largly a forgone conclusion but last night it really hit me - none of that team would have got a game last season nevermind 10 year ago etc.

But in the second half following some words with our manager they came out and turned it up running out deserved winners.

Now imagine that not only do we have an inexperienced team but also an inexperienced manager - they beat top of the SPL having played 3rd Division opposition as preperation.

The kids were fantastic - several of them 17, 18, 19, 20.

3 years time the majority of this team will still be here, 3 years will be the amount of experience they'll have together as a group with Ally at the helm, 3 years time having progressively faced tougher opposition we'll return to the SPL with guys that are 21-23 and whom will have played 3 years together 1st team for Rangers and a manager whom will have overseen one of the toughest positions in our history.

IMO on our return to the SPL we will have a young but experienced side with an established manager - that to me is the stuff that suggests years of dominance!

So true....I felt almost the same watching.

I saw the beginnings of something beautiful....young guys...mere boys to me now, playing their Hearts (SFL3 feeder club) (SFL3 feeder club lol) out for the Gers and succeeding...all naive spirit, spikey hair, passion and skill.

I love this team...McCoist is the man who deserves to take them forward...

And he will. (tu)

some of play last night was really great to watch with slick passing and movement from all, especially the second half. and i thought that kyle hutton was emense when he came on after sandaza got his head wound.would like to see him get a run in the middle of the midfield.

I think we should step forward and give him a shag.. Feck meant back and give him a wee chance.. Till March.. :praise: :praise: :praise: