Usual TV watch figures

Peasie

Nothing spectacular to report with the latest figures. 41,000 for Aberdeen v Motherwell on Sky (Sat 22/09/2012).

1zptlx0.jpg

The reason for the post is to point out one game to be on the lookout for and that is next Sunday's match Celtic v Hearts (SFL3 feeder club) (SFL3 feeder club) (SFL3 feeder club) and see how it compares to the matches last season.

Celtic 5-0 Hearts (SFL3 feeder club) (SFL3 feeder club) (SFL3 feeder club) (13/05/2012) Viewers : 205,000

Hearts (SFL3 feeder club) (SFL3 feeder club) (SFL3 feeder club) 2-0 Celtic (02/10/2011) Viewers : 303,000

Hearts (SFL3 feeder club) (SFL3 feeder club) (SFL3 feeder club) 0-4 Celtic (12/02/2012) Viewers : 242,000

Bearing in mind the largest viewing figures for an SPL game this season is the 91,000 that watched Celtic v Aberdeen on the opening day of the SPL season. Sky could be given the clearest indication yet of the value of their current deal. Anything less than 150,000 and there is a real problem - especially as it is a Sunday game, on Sky. All three league games were on Sky last season as well.

EDITED To correct the figure. It was 41,000 and not 64,000. 64,000 was Motherwell's lowest figure last season.

Figures taken from http://www.barb.co.uk/

How many threads does this obsession need?

Did you not read the "Topic description" underneath the "Topic Title" ?

The bit that said "If viewing figures don't interest you - don't open the thread" - was that not a hint what the thread contained?

Did you not read the "Topic description" underneath the "Topic Title" ?

The bit that said "If viewing figures don't interest you - don't open the thread" - was that not a hint what the thread contained?

No, those straplines don't show up on the mobile version that I'm using.

That doesn't answer the question I posed, but hey-ho.

I really can't understand people that come on this thread - knowing in advance what the thread is - to say they are not interested.

The reason for highlighting these figures is the likes of Daryl King have been hinting the Sky deal is only for one year with an option to extend it a further four years. They are reviewing the viewing figures. They can't have failed to notice that last season the LOWEST viewing figures for a Celtic game was 106,000 against Aberdeen whereas this season their HIGHEST is 91,000 also against Aberdeen.

Last season the Edinburgh derby was attracting 260,000 - this season only 25,000.

Why has only half the money been paid to clubs this season? Previously they would have received £645,000 at the start of August. This season they have only received half that amount. Is it possible there may be clauses in the contract relating to viewing figures?

The "result" and "attendance" figures aren't really necessary - I just thought I'd put them in anyway.

Nothing spectacular to report with the latest figures. 64,000 for Aberdeen v Motherwell on Sky (Sat 22/09/2012).

1zptlx0.jpg

Just realised an error with this table. The 64,000 was Motherwell's lowest viewing figure last season. The correct figure for Aberdeen v Motherwell was 41,000.

Nothing spectacular to report with the latest figures. 64,000 for Aberdeen v Motherwell on Sky (Sat 22/09/2012).

1zptlx0.jpg

The reason for the post is to point out one game to be on the lookout for and that is next Sunday's match Celtic v Hearts (SFL3 feeder club) (SFL3 feeder club) (SFL3 feeder club) and see how it compares to the matches last season.

Celtic 5-0 Hearts (SFL3 feeder club) (SFL3 feeder club) (SFL3 feeder club) (13/05/2012) Viewers : 205,000

Hearts (SFL3 feeder club) (SFL3 feeder club) (SFL3 feeder club) 2-0 Celtic (02/10/2011) Viewers : 303,000

Hearts (SFL3 feeder club) (SFL3 feeder club) (SFL3 feeder club) 0-4 Celtic (12/02/2012) Viewers : 242,000

Bearing in mind the largest viewing figures for an SPL game this season is the 91,000 that watched Celtic v Aberdeen on the opening day of the SPL season. Sky could be given the clearest indication yet of the value of their current deal. Anything less than 150,000 and there is a real problem - especially as it is a Sunday game, on Sky. All three league games were on Sky last season as well.

I fail to see how SKY could possibly justify continuing their current level of funding to the SPL with the dramatic downturn in viewing figures as noted.

Keep it up Peasie. Well done (tu) .

It takes a second to open a thread, and another second to get yerself tae fuck out again if you dont like the content.

However, most bears including myself are enjoying their pain and the more information like this, spread around

on the net, the better.

Let the whole footballing world see what their greedy, bigoted, obsessed, so called fans, have done to their own clubs, through their jealousy of the worlds most successful football team. :21:

Keep it up Peasie. Well done (tu) .

It takes a second to open a thread, and another second to get yerself tae fuck out again if you dont like the content.

However, most bears including myself are enjoying their pain and the more information like this, spread around

on the net, the better.

Let the whole footballing world see what their greedy, bigoted, obsessed, so called fans, have done to their own clubs, through their jealousy of the worlds most successful football team. :21:

(tu)