Favourite european game?

Albertz85

Probs a post that has been done over and over but anyway was feeling a bit nostalgic

this morning and looking up Rangers european history.

Since 1956 (bar this season) there has only been 2 seasons we have not been involved.

An incredible record spanning 293 games.

My dad took me to Ibrox since fairly young, with the first european game I can actually remember

attending being game against Brugge where Scott Nisbet scoring that goal!

Just wondering bear's favourite european games they have witnessed?

Generally my best memories are of the Advocaat years i.e the bouncy around the ground when we humped PSV 4-1 was some sight, beating Parma to qualify for the CL group stages too.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Got to be the Leeds Utd game. The silence at Ibrox was strange when Leeds scored within the first 5 mins. No English fans were aloud into Ibrox. The reaction from our support to going 1-0 down at home was incredible and helped the team to get back into the game. It was the classic battle of Britain tie with the true champions of Scotland and England competing for a place in the first ever Champions League.

1984/85 Season Rangers V Inter Milan, 3-1 Ibrox, usually went to the enclosure as that was the cheapest part of the ground to get in, was the first time sat at the back of the Copeland, big John McClellands last match for us and the atmosphere was brilliant.

For me it was a game V Dynamo Moscow back in 2001 we beat them 3-1 Ball scored a nice free kick and at half time the Barca Bears came on the pitch to celebrate the 72 triumph , Ibrox was jumping that night .

I thought Craig Moore broke his neck that night.

Got to be the Leeds Utd game. The silence at Ibrox was strange when Leeds scored within the first 5 mins. No English fans were aloud into Ibrox. The reaction from our support to going 1-0 down at home was incredible and helped the team to get back into the game. It was the classic battle of Britain tie with the true champions of Scotland and England competing for a place in the first ever Champions League.

This ^^

Favorite at home was 0-0 barcelona, tremendous atmosphere.

Ive been to Osasuna and Stuttgart away, stuttgart was great would defo go again if we played them, and Manchester for UCF.

London for Emirates cup (though not really the same as a CL away trip) was a great for days too.

Parma at Ibrox was the best I've ever experienced at home. Can remember it like yesterday. Big Vidmar cutting inside and scoring for the first then Reyna pouncing for the 2nd. Ibrox was jumping. Away from home to Fiorentina when wee Novo stuck that penalty away brought many a bear in the stands to tears of joy. Amazing. Will never forget either of they games for as long as I live.

PSG away when we won on penalties. That was my first away day in Europe. Great few days out.

Would have been bayern munich at home in champs league in sept 99 had they not equalised in last min when tarnat scored a jammy deflected free kick. Was gutted after that instead.