Football facilities

This may sound stupid but all the evidence I can see shows that better football facilities seems to have the opposite effect.

If you look at our country we produced much better players during a time when we had far worse facilities. Also countries with fewer quality pitches.than us produce much better technical players. You would think that better facilities could only have a positive effect.

I know that facilities don't produce players and is probably more to do with social things but something I always found interesting.especially when the sfa seem to be chucking the vast majority of there money into facilities in the hope that will bring through better players.

That must be why Barcelona train on rid ash.

So then you argument is facilities do produce better players. So why do we produce worse players now.

As I said there is probaby other social reasons as well but there is a strange pattern.

Your argument was shit btw

we produced better players when kids played football on the streets and used jumpers as goal posts

now kids sit and play computer games

we need more Football facilities like Toryglen about scotland

[/quote

I would agree with you first sentance but it contradicts your last one.

We produced better players when kids played with freedom to try things which does not happen in youth football.

I agree toryglen is an amazing facility but it has no effect or very very little on the our ability to produce players

The best african and south american players have probably spent more of their life in europe than back home I would guess. Footballers seem to be getting signed from such a ridiculous ago. Not sure if things used to be the same but teams are signing up 10/11/12 yr olds

So then you argument is facilities do produce better players. So why do we produce worse players now.

As I said there is probaby other social reasons as well but there is a strange pattern.

Your argument was shit btw

I suppose it was really :D

Our players don't seem to have improved technically over the years, compared to other nationalities. Maybe the standard of coaching doesn't match the improvement in facilities? Too much emphasis on physical attributes rather than skill? Do less boys want to play football here than elsewhere? - I doubt it.

[/quote

I would agree with you first sentance but it contradicts your last one.

We produced better players when kids played with freedom to try things which does not happen in youth football.

I agree toryglen is an amazing facility but it has no effect or very very little on the our ability to produce players

toryglen gets more people playing football kids dont want to play on the streets the only time they play football is the odd hour at 7s or 5 a side

Its not facilities we lack, its good coaching at the grass roots level we dont seem to have.

What we need is to bring in a style of play or system that focuses on technical ability rather than the punt up the park or rush and kick football we see week in week out.

Anyway all this debate is good and all but when you have 12 clubs at the top who are only interested in lining their own pockets rather than improving the state of the game we're already fighting an uphill battle! A complete restructure of the WHOLE system needs to be done before anything.

Also doesn't help with the fact that there isn't really any Scottish superstar players who would act as a role model to children. We're a nation full of honest, hard working carthorses.

Who want's to grow up with the ambition of being the next Gary Caldwell :anguish:

Better facilities are obviously better, but..... the cost a lot to use! Play football 3-4 times a week as a kid, and it's £15-20.

Nobody plays football in the park anymore!

True that! Play the xbox in the comfort of your home or spend £6 of your pocket money for a kickabout?