Theres still something about CG..

Reid

very good post, and partly what im getting at. CG hasn't yet made a decision that is any way unpopular. whether thats simply because the first steps are what we would all do or some other reason is left to be seen. i would've expected a man coming in to change almost every aspect of how we've been run in the last X years would have had to at some point make a decision that didnt sit well with us, but as yet he hasn't.

we've all seen snippets of massive deals on the horizon and have instantly grew to love a man that as yet, has only really told the SPL to go fuck themselves, anyone could have did that. Aye, we're running a lot smoother as a club, but have we penned any massive deals that will ensure our future or are they still at the 'negotiation' stage? or has some strong words and meeting a few fans inspired 40 thousand season ticket renewals before he's had to do much else?

As i said, right now we are more vulnerable than ever, I like how CG seems to have all the cards in his hand.. but at the same time, we all said we would never want one man we didnt know having that power over us again.

PS to 'bluenose' (very apt name for someone making tarrier shouts..) a lot of folk on here know me personally, so calm yerself, im definitely not a pape :sherlock:

All your points are valid. I'm just keen to get the point across that as much as we shouldn't be completely sold on Charlie just yet, we can only trust what we see, and everything so far, regardless of deals going through as yet, have been in the club's best interest.

The trips abroad etc don't give any whiff of someone who is just in it for a quick buck. It's the actions of a man looking to be around for years as a long(ish)term investment and to go away with a decent profit.

We need that right now.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Frankly, i'd be scunnered if someone coming in to Rangers as its CEO wasn't saying the right things/what they want to hear - He's not daft. If he came in and tried to tell us all kinds of shit we wouldn't like, he knows he wouldn't last a minute.

I fully support being vigilant. I just also fully support giving someone a chance. Until he does some shit which looks dodgy then i'm cautiously optimistic.

well i told him a few post ago that i never tried to get anyone banned and he still said it again,,,,if you all love bomber so much you shouldve backed him and maybe he would have rangers

SHOW ME THE METH

Bomber has shown a lack of class in recent months, you're clearly aiming to rival him at present.

All your points are valid. I'm just keen to get the point across that as much as we shouldn't be completely sold on Charlie just yet, we can only trust what we see, and everything so far, regardless of deals going through as yet, have been in the club's best interest.

The trips abroad etc don't give any whiff of someone who is just in it for a quick buck. It's the actions of a man looking to be around for years as a long(ish)term investment and to go away with a decent profit.

We need that right now.

Well said

(tu)

very good post, and partly what im getting at. CG hasn't yet made a decision that is any way unpopular. whether thats simply because the first steps are what we would all do or some other reason is left to be seen. i would've expected a man coming in to change almost every aspect of how we've been run in the last X years would have had to at some point make a decision that didnt sit well with us, but as yet he hasn't.

we've all seen snippets of massive deals on the horizon and have instantly grew to love a man that as yet, has only really told the SPL to go fuck themselves, anyone could have did that. Aye, we're running a lot smoother as a club, but have we penned any massive deals that will ensure our future or are they still at the 'negotiation' stage? or has some strong words and meeting a few fans inspired 40 thousand season ticket renewals before he's had to do much else?

As i said, right now we are more vulnerable than ever, I like how CG seems to have all the cards in his hand.. but at the same time, we all said we would never want one man we didnt know having that power over us again.

PS to 'bluenose' (very apt name for someone making tarrier shouts..) a lot of folk on here know me personally, so calm yerself, im definitely not a pape :sherlock:

mate i know your not a pape and also you dont have baths with family members ,,,

We need that right now.

Rangers is a business mate and us fans are the customers, GC will tell us what we want to hear to make sure we are still "customers" of Rangers, he like many, many, many other chairman will do this. Aslong as he is treating the business well, doing everything by the book and doing whats best for the business then I couldn't give a fuck if he tells a lie here or there. I am happy with CG so far and I just wish people would understand that he is here to help us become profitable again at any cost.

As i've said lads, at this point in time we dont need those lies. I'm sure theres enough of out there that realise that at somepoint he;'s gonna have to do something we as a support dont like, even if its for the better of us. I'd rather he said it that way than fed us some pish that we wanted to hear and did it off the radar.

my wee granny once said 'while someones giving you treats its hard to see them dipping your bag'.

My point of the thread isnt anti CG, far from it infact. I like that the guy seems to have the balls to stand up for us. ITs just that at the moment everythings to cute and pretty.. and we know how that works out. when is he going to start making the big decisions that will actually benefit us and secure some kind of future for us rather than fill us with stories of how good its going to be. If he has a hand, i'd like to see ti played pretty soon.

Some people are just half empty types, which is what this thread is.

My only concern would be this:

We are not ready for an IPO, we play in the 3rd division of Scotland FFS. I'd be wary if this lot are looking to make a VERY quick exit and leave the club in the lurch before we're back to the top again. If that is what their plan is (talk up sponsorship deals/ investment/ european involvement) to get investors (i.e. you and me) and then run off into the sunset leaving us owning a club with none of what was promised and no board, THEN I'd be worried.

And to be fair, I'd want to know what CG, IA and BS intentions are, post IPO.

I'd agree with the OP.

Aye, he's doing well. But a lot of the stuff he says is pure shite and simple to appease us, hes been here a few month and fans treat him like a god. :lol:

Could bite us on the arse big time.

get ready for the negative rep ride :craphead:

I'd agree with the OP.

Aye, he's doing well. But a lot of the stuff he says is pure shite and simple to appease us, hes been here a few month and fans treat him like a god. :lol:

Could bite us on the arse big time.

Mate but he talked the talk when everyone walked the walked or the other way round lol,,,,he put up,,he brought us back to life so to speak and defended club and fans everytime hes required to do so,,,,aye its a long road and he might not turn out to be the answer,,,but until that time comes he deserves support from every corner

its certainly not my friend. its more a 'remember lads, just because this cunt has a halo and can seemingly walk on water, doesnt mean he's jesus christ'.

let's keep our feet on the ground, and while embracing this 'revolution' just beware that by giving it our full support we're leaving ourselves open.

Sadly faith is the only thing we have just now.

As i've said lads, at this point in time we dont need those lies. I'm sure theres enough of out there that realise that at somepoint he;'s gonna have to do something we as a support dont like, even if its for the better of us. I'd rather he said it that way than fed us some pish that we wanted to hear and did it off the radar.

my wee granny once said 'while someones giving you treats its hard to see them dipping your bag'.

My point of the thread isnt anti CG, far from it infact. I like that the guy seems to have the balls to stand up for us. ITs just that at the moment everythings to cute and pretty.. and we know how that works out. when is he going to start making the big decisions that will actually benefit us and secure some kind of future for us rather than fill us with stories of how good its going to be. If he has a hand, i'd like to see ti played pretty soon.

(tu)

fair

He's barely into this job though, surely we're still just in the early phases?

I think the thread just began seeming rather negative, certainly, the more you've discussed, the more you make sense. Fine with vigilance, just needs to be measured

Mate but he talked the talk when everyone walked the walked lol,,,,he put up,,he brought us back to life so to speak and defended club and fans everytime hes required to do so,,,,aye its a long road and he might not turn out to be the answer,,,but until that time comes he deserves support from every corner

I agree mate, but people just hold back on the "legend" pish in regards to him.

My only concern would be this:

We are not ready for an IPO, we play in the 3rd division of Scotland FFS. I'd be wary if this lot are looking to make a VERY quick exit and leave the club in the lurch before we're back to the top again. If that is what their plan is (talk up sponsorship deals/ investment/ european involvement) to get investors (i.e. you and me) and then run off into the sunset leaving us owning a club with none of what was promised and no board, THEN I'd be worried.

And to be fair, I'd want to know what CG, IA and BS intentions are, post IPO.

See facebook for a market IPO being talked up and then falling flat on its arse.

its certainly not my friend. its more a 'remember lads, just because this cunt has a halo and can seemingly walk on water, doesnt mean he's jesus christ'.

let's keep our feet on the ground, and while embracing this 'revolution' just beware that by giving it our full support we're leaving ourselves open.

Sadly faith is the only thing we have just now.

Difficult to use a message board as some kind of measurement of fan thoughts.

I'd suggest that there are more people with their feet on the ground than you'd imagine.

(tu)

fair

He's barely into this job though, surely we're still just in the early phases?

exactly mate, this has to be remembered from both angles though. As you can see from some of the replies in here, some folk are all to quick to jump anything that would remotely suggest CG isnt a god.

when we're sitting pretty turning over a 10million a year profit then i'll happily get on my hands and knees and bow in front of him, but until he does that i dont think we should all be so taken by him. By all means give him the credit for what he's done so far, but he's not our saviour... yet.