Near Future Of Our Beloved Club

Gid

What do you think it holds for Rangers in terms of the management?

Do you think Walter will be the manager for years to come or do you think that he will be here short term and move on?

Personally, I think Walter is here to steady the ship short term with a view to handing the reigns over to Ally McCoist. I think if we recapture the title next term then Walter Smith will step aside leaving Ally in charge.

What you guys think?

I agree with you Gid, I think Smith is teaching Ally the trade.

However, I don't think it will be next year McCoist makes the step up, that would be far too soon, I think it will be a few years after that.

I think that Walter will see out his contract and then Ally will step up then.

How long was the contract mate?

McCoist will never be Rangers Manager the job is too big for him

I think he has a lot of potential, but I think Walt is gonna have to stay another four or five years before Ally can take over.

Hmmmmmmm

Im not so sure.

I thought this was the plan when the pair were announced...but Ally has given 2 interviews now where he has said he is not too keen on the step up to the Managers chair.

Haven't heard them, I 'd like to hear them for sure

Hmmmmmmm

Im not so sure.

I thought this was the plan when the pair were announced...but Ally has given 2 interviews now where he has said he is not too keen on the step up to the Managers chair.

Really?, I did not know that. Well not sure what he will do when Walt leaves????? Another management team or will he remain an assistant

McCoist and durrant dream team will take over in a couple of years I think, short term we have to look at getting more revenue and promote kids than bringing in mediocrity from the continent. Surely we have learned our lesson from this

McCoist and durrant dream team will take over in a couple of years I think, short term we have to look at getting more revenue and promote kids than bringing in mediocrity from the continent. Surely we have learned our lesson from this

I wish we had the time to wait for these guys in our youth system, unfortuately this is gonna take about 3 or 4 years before these guys are really ready. If we dont spend something we are FOKED. The tic will dominate us while we wait for these guys and at the end of the day it may on yield two or three players worthy of the first team. I dont think I could possible handle a 6 or 7 in a row from the Mhanky bhoys!

One was in the Daily Mail IB...cant rememeber where the other was.

Said he liked being on the training pitch every day...but not the admin etc which goes with the top job.

Could be an opening for the Technical Director, Walt doing the donkey work as TD and Ally as coach/manager with the team talks, tactics etc.