Our Manager - Ally McCoist

You think that what happens off the field has no impact on what happens on it?

Nearly three months into the season? We're under new ownership and the most financially secure team in the country. It's been that way since August.

Let's not patronise McCoist by implying he's mentally weak and still suffering as a result of the Craig Whyte era.

Very constructive. To focus on your point though, wake up. This is a unique set of circumstances and yes these players get paid a lot more, have a lot more ability etc but they are still human beings and are having to deal with one of the worst periods in our history and a huge level of expectation and scrutiny.

Personally, I'll be happy just to get out of the league with a squad one year more experienced.

Not buying it, most of the new guys probably didn't or don't know much that has went on before and the young guns should be bursting a gut for the chance to play for rangers, and the guys that stayed are on a level much much higher than binmen and shelf stackers.

If you are happy to scrape out this league then it's a sad day for rangers

He should get to the end of the season. Then he should be judged on the season as a whole, and not the start of a season where we are facing the biggest rebuilding task we have ever had.

You can NOT dismiss the off the pitch problems we have faced over the last year, you also cant dismiss the fact that this team (before the start of the season) had never kicked a ball together before.

You also cant dismiss the culture shock of playing against these teams, on those pitches.

you also cant dismis the good performances we have had so far....a couple of 5-1 wins, beating falkirk home and away in the cup and most recently pummeling the league leaders in the top division in the country.

People on here talk about us "blindly backing Ally", no-one blindly backs him....we know there are huge problems with our away form. Just as many are guilty of "blindly slating" him and blaming him wholy for the problems we are having.

if people know there are huge problems with our form,how come we read statements like this will be 5-0, a trouncing, a record score, blah fuckin blah from people before every game.some ARE blind.the team and style of football is fuckin atrocious.

Nearly three months into the season? We're under new ownership and the most financially secure team in the country. It's been that way since August.

Let's not patronise McCoist by implying he's mentally weak and still suffering as a result of the Craig Whyte era.

We built a new team in a short space of time who were then flung into circumstances that were alien to all of them. Things are going to suffer as a result and clearly we are struggling badly away from Ibrox - I can't see that lasting. Let's not disregard the very real problems we have faced and, indeed, are still facing.

if people know there are huge problems with our form,how come we read statements like this will be 5-0, a trouncing, a record score, blah fuckin blah from people before every game.some ARE blind.the team and style of football is fuckin atrocious.

aye you are right. fuck optimisim, it's overrated.

This

We have a very strong starting 11 on paper when all are fit, but as a team we are terrible, predictable, weak, lacklustre and one dimensional

Do all these good players turn like that overnight?

No, it's because they are told to play that way

We built a new team in a short space of time who were then flung into circumstances that were alien to all of them. Things are going to suffer as a result and clearly we are struggling badly away from Ibrox - I can't see that lasting. Let's not disregard the very real problems we have faced and, indeed, are still facing.

Does McCoist have the best players available to any manager in the division?

Not buying it, most of the new guys probably didn't or don't know much that has went on before and the young guns should be bursting a gut for the chance to play for rangers, and the guys that stayed are on a level much much higher than binmen and shelf stackers.

If you are happy to scrape out this league then it's a sad day for rangers

They would have to be autistic not to be aware of what the situation is. We've had a few sad days recently and possibly more to come - getting out of this league first time isn't a disaster in the grand scheme of things in my opinion.

First off don't agree with our manager being told to "fuck off"

What's the difference between our spl toppling win and our struggles in Div3, has to be the way the game is played, have seen it suggested and believe its true, we need somebody in to assist Ally for these lower league games. We have our sights on the climb back to where we belong, but there is something missing, maybe getting caught up with what is in the distance without fully understanding whats in front of us.

I am sure we can take on any of the so called top flight teams, but these league games are a battle, the players need to realise this, even if training was against the U19's with the lads told just to get stuck in to the "first team". We cannot afford for them to continue on in a cozy lifestyle, make them work until they understand what is expected from them. If the players aren't turning up on the park, drop them, get more youngsters in, they will play for the passion of getting a start and an oppertunity.

We do not have the luxury of players just being able to pull their boots on and wander around for 90 minutes, we expect that they should show the same commitment regardless of who or where they play. Dont believe it is going to be pretty football, the Motherwell match showed that is there when needed.

Alien to them? What playing football matches? Ok the away dressing rooms might be portacabins, but does that make such a difference?

So if I go out to work in the pishing rain I can do half a job, but If it is sunny I will get the job done??

Alien to them? What playing football matches? Ok the away dressing rooms might be portacabins, but does that make such a difference?

So if I go out to work in the pishing rain I can do half a job, but If it is sunny I will get the job done??

After 140 years of success we are flung into the bottom rung against players who will see a game against us a cup final. Added to the fact we have a squad who were patched together in a relatively short period of time. I'd say that's pretty alien for a Rangers player.

In complete dreamland I'd hope for Walter to return but Ally won't want that deep down. At this moment in time though, to answer the cries of McCoist leaving his post, Walter Smith is the only man in the world for me that could turn this round.

Calm down ffs, yer turning this into a James Bond movie :lol:

I keep hearing about McCoist having endured more than most/any other manager.

The question is what does this have to do with his teams being absolutely turgid?

Is he suffering post traumatic stress syndrome that prevents him organising and motivating a team?

The answer is; He's our manager - and he's not a stranger to RFC - he's the most successful footballer in this country. And you cannot be that, if you're a loser.

I expect him to come right - and i'm prepared, for his sake, my sake and the hope that RFC will be successful with that man.

He should get to the end of the season. Then he should be judged on the season as a whole, and not the start of a season where we are facing the biggest rebuilding task we have ever had.

You can NOT dismiss the off the pitch problems we have faced over the last year, you also cant dismiss the fact that this team (before the start of the season) had never kicked a ball together before.

You also cant dismiss the culture shock of playing against these teams, on those pitches.

you also cant dismis the good performances we have had so far....a couple of 5-1 wins, beating falkirk home and away in the cup and most recently pummeling the league leaders in the top division in the country.

People on here talk about us "blindly backing Ally", no-one blindly backs him....we know there are huge problems with our away form. Just as many are guilty of "blindly slating" him and blaming him wholy for the problems we are having.

The question is can the club afford to take that chance, this last week we have had all this news about various commercial deals........these deals will be based on success..............could we go all season with out losing at home, this would help but what if and it is a what if...........this farce away form does not improve so what happens.

I do not think Green will allow anything to stand in his way........yes he said Ally is at the club for as long as he wants...........now did he state as manager?

I said on another forum that was linked to the official site and no longer on the go , brought down by certain fans who went out to ruin the site, that Ally was not the man for the managers job (got called everything under the sun for that), based on his body language as assistant to Walter, too often he seemed lost when it was left to him to make decisions and nothing seems to have changed.

Look you take the job and win or lose by your own calls..............so please Ally is only being judged by the team he puts on the park and the style of play he produces.

Ally is our Football teams Manager and should be judged as that and nothing else.

I would imagine so. That's why I think these teething problems won't last.

The problem I have is the performances are absolutely brutal with no sign of improvement.

I can handle losing and drawing in the short term if we were moving the ball well and appeared a coherent, organised team.

I'm not saying I want McCoist to go now, I really don't. I just have serious misgivings about his managerial qualities for a variety of reasons.

Just home from a 12 hour shift, can't believe we could lose to Stirling Albion. I don't remember Berwick in 67, so this is the worst result in my life. Really want Ally to be a success, but something is way, way wrong. We are stuck with the players we have got now, so if we can't change the players the management has to change. Ally needs help, the so called experienced players are taking the piss, we need to get someone in to kick their arses into next week and beyond. They have signed for Rangers, no matter what league we are in it's probably the greatest honour in their careers. We need someone like Jock Wallace to put the fear of god up them. Get them down to Gullane and beast them. The young lads will come good I'm sure, but they need their elders to fucking get a grip. Jig needs to rip them a new arsehole.

We have not done well against part-timers in the 3rd Division, but we have SPL players. Problem is coaching!

Sorry SAL, you are not the route to Rangers renaissance. Stand aside now.

Sal! You don't like the manager or disagree with his selection and or tactics fair enough but to use a Scum derived slur like that on that man is a fucking disgrace.

why does ally come on the tv every week and say we have to start games better he always talks a good game

all he is doing is conning the supporters to follow rangers sorry i have been a rangers supporter for 60 years and i am afraid ally is not the answer sorry lads there is no sentement in business for the sake of rangers changes have to be made at the coaching staff to much of the old pals act

sort it out ally or you will not have a crowd at ibrox we could be going back to the days of 4000 supporters inside the park

reeking

All those muppets calling for Ally's departure – those are the type that would’ve fired Ferguson before manu won the fa cup in 1990. If the total foreign manu board can retain Ferguson during that period, then Rangers can retain McCoist during this period.

The problem I have is the performances are absolutely brutal with no sign of improvement.

I can handle losing and drawing in the short term if we were moving the ball well and appeared a coherent, organised team.

I'm not saying I want McCoist to go now, I really don't. I just have serious misgivings about his managerial qualities for a variety of reasons.

Totally agree, I always thought we would have a tough time, I didn't expect rugby scores, I didn't expect us to set the grass on fire.....but I do expect improvement, it's not happening, so you have to ask why?