Our Manager - Ally McCoist

Ally coaches them, signs them and picks them.

My manager recruited me on good faith and trains me as well as possible - if i start performing badly is that his fault alone? People need to start taking responsibility for their own performances it's not always someone else's fault.

The cup final every week takes it's toll.

Other premier league clubs would not relish it either with their current squads never mind a new and depleted one.

The thing is to stay calm. The boat has been rocked enough and we do not want the sensationalism and headlines of new Manager talk.

There is a long way to go. I expect us to get stronger. Our fitness and training etc will tell as the season goes on. We do not need to steamroll the division from the start. We can kill these teams later on as we get used to this and improve.

If we were in this position with 5 games to go I may be worried............but would still support the group and mangement.

And.........I would still fancy our chances. Lets not try to win this league before it has started. Tennis matches can get won from match point down and 2 sets down. Sometimes you just have to win the hard way and bide your time. This is new ground for everyone.

Give it time.

We have not done well against part-timers in the 3rd Division, but we have SPL players. Problem is coaching!

Sorry SAL, you are not the route to Rangers renaissance. Stand aside now.

i dont know why everyone is saying hes a taig. It could be a fan of any club in scotland. make no mistake we are the most hated club in scotland by a long way. Fuck the taigs and look closer at the rest.

I have no doubt it is being understimated how much of a challenge every single team we play is going to be.

The team still look lazy and with the exception of a few there is absolutely no urgency within the squad which in time will change. The training must be adjusted to instill this into the players. Ally must make sure the players are not under the impression that this is a skive. Given that we do not have a capable striker/goalscorer it is looking very hard for us to get results away from home. The game today had plenty good breaks for us and plenty balls where put across the 6 yard line with noone in there to get on the end of it.

The team selection has been questionable as we have natural skill and pace wasted on the bench on occasions.

Another 3 months before i will make any serious consideration as to whether ally's the man for the managers job and i think come then we will be saying we where right to stick by the team and players.

My manager recruited me on good faith and trains me as well as possible - if i start performing badly is that his fault alone? People need to start taking responsibility for their own performances it's not always someone else's fault.

But in that case your manager would be questioned by his boss, asking why you are not performing

End of the day you can't sack a whole squad of player, it's the manager who takes the fall

To me our manager will always be Super Ally and in my opinion the Greatest Ranger for what he has done as a player and the way he has led he club through the past 12 months.

However, Results are not good enough and I'll be honest if it was any other manager he would have and perhaps should have been getting his P45. However as its Ally I am willing to give him until chriistmas. I dn't think for 1 second anyone wants him to fail but if results don't improve I don't think we will have any option but to let him go. I'd be gutted if it happened as he's my boyhood hero but as a man once said no man is bigger than Rangers Football Club.

To me our manager will always be Super Ally and in my opinion the Greatest Ranger for what he has done as a player and the way he has led he club through the past 12 months.

However, Results are not good enough and I'll be honest if it was any other manager he would have and perhaps should have been getting his P45. However as its Ally I am willing to give him until chriistmas. I dn't think for 1 second anyone wants him to fail but if results don't improve I don't think we will have any option but to let him go. I'd be gutted if it happened as he's my boyhood hero but as a man once said no man is bigger than Rangers Football Club.

Yes, because you manager will boot your arse and get you back on track. That's what a manager is for, to manage people

And how many times do you do that if it still doesn't work? How many times before you suss out that the players might have a contribution to make? I'm not saying Ally is a brilliant manager (he's not) but I am saying a lot of the criticism is misplaced.

He's not a stranger, he's not plg - he's Ally McCoist - RFC for +30years. These guys calling for his removal are pure amateurs, and should pish aff, and go support an amateur club.

Not really been operating as a football club for some time have we - but there is one (1) guy that has stuck with us during that time - only one guy, and none other than our current manager.

And you guys wish to throw him overboard.

Not really, last season we still had a squad of players and wage bill more than capable of winning the league, core of a team that had won three in a row, and that was the aim until February, only then did football become secondary. And prior to that we'd allowed a 13 point swing in the title race within a matter of weeks and gone our of four cup competitions, three of them by September.

So yes we totally did operate as a football club until that point, it's only with complete hindsight some people keep insisting that the WHOLE of last season was a write off.

Of course he stood by us, I'll forever appreciate his famous words as well, he'll always have a job at Ibrox in an ambassadorial role. Sadly the role of Rangers manager is too important to let sentiment cloud the decision making. I don't want to 'throw him overboard' either, the idea of having to sack Ally breaks my heart because I love him. Main hope would be he realises himself at some point it isn't working and resigns.

And how many times do you do that if it still doesn't work? How many times before you suss out that the players might have a contribution to make? I'm not saying Ally is a brilliant manager (he's not) but I am saying a lot of the criticism is misplaced.

Ok, in the real world people go for job interviews, they whittle down maybe 100 folk to half a dozen, then 2 nd interview they pick a candidate. It is a bit of a risk picking someone on the basis of 2 conversations and a few bits of paper, so if it doesn't work out then it is understandable. But football player are essentially headhunted, scouts go to their place of work multiple times and watch them perform their job, then a MANAGER decides if he good enough To play for his team, if the manager decides to sign him then he obviously believes in his opinion that this player is good enough, footballer don't just go for interviews like the rest of us. It's not as if 100 footballers apply to a clubs and 20 get picked is it?? I'm sorry but the buck stops with ally, end of

Not really, last season we still had a squad of players and wage bill more than capable of winning the league, core of a team that had won three in a row, and that was the aim until February, only then did football become secondary. And prior to that we'd allowed a 13 point swing in the title race within a matter of weeks and gone our of four cup competitions, three of them by September.

So yes we totally did operate as a football club until that point, it's only with complete hindsight some people keep insisting that the WHOLE of last season was a write off.

Of course he stood by us, I'll forever appreciate his famous words as well, he'll always have a job at Ibrox in an ambassadorial role. Sadly the role of Rangers manager is too important to let sentiment cloud the decision making. I don't want to 'throw him overboard' either, the idea of having to sack Ally breaks my heart because I love him. Main hope would be he realises himself at some point it isn't working and resigns.

So from you looking from the outside all was hunky dory inside Ibrox - don't be so stupit.

Forum is littered with reply's such as this.... high time folk who post should be of a certain level of intelligence.... rather than lambasting with nonsensicle comments riddled with obscenities.

S1lv3r I remember some of your abusive posts months back and you got rightly slaughtered with neg reps. Fair enough it maybe went ott and you have a chip on your shoulder about it but stop questioning the general level of intelligence of posters on this site. I find it offensive :craphead:

when we go on to win this league all this will be a distant memory.

we will then go to the division above and probably have a good few mis-haps as well but we will also overcome these and win the second div title until we steam roll to the top again again.

the current memory of super (2 time golden boot) ally mccoist is one that i cherish (more than any other rangers great) and also wish when im old that the distant memory stays exactly intact. give the guy a break if he leaves now(as some donoughts have hinted at, going upstairs as director included)when the going is tough, how would he fair then? coward? not up for the battle?

Fuck off!! this aint our greatest ever goalsorer as we now him. i remember when he fought gazza in the cup final against Hearts (SFL3 feeder club) when both scored 2 each. thats our manager and thats how i want to remember him when im old.

give it time. it will happen!

WATP

Ok, in the real world people go for job interviews, they whittle down maybe 100 folk to half a dozen, then 2 nd interview they pick a candidate. It is a bit of a risk picking someone on the basis of 2 conversations and a few bits of paper, so if it doesn't work out then it is understandable. But football player are essentially headhunted, scouts go to their place of work multiple times and watch them perform their job, then a MANAGER decides if he good enough To play for his team, if the manager decides to sign him then he obviously believes in his opinion that this player is good enough, footballer don't just go for interviews like the rest of us. It's not as if 100 footballers apply to a clubs and 20 get picked is it?? I'm sorry but the buck stops with ally, end of

I don't agree - you can scout a player 100 times but it's impossible to know how they will adapt to a new country, new team, new expectations etc not even taking into account all the other stuff to have hit our club. Of course the buck stops with him but that's not fully reflective of the situation and sacking him wont solve our problems in my opinion.