Our Manager - Ally McCoist

Weren't the players saying they couldn't wait to get on the park and get down to business then when it came down to it they didn't do the business?

Not sure what you mean there mate - what they say is meaningless. If they're rattled with the internal f.ups, then that's the way it is.

Ally deserves this year at least and we will win this league, I have no doubts about that. Also if the manager thought he was harming the club, he would be the first to walk.

I know some of us, including me, don't rate him as a manager (atm) but he deserves to be judged at the end of the season.

A new coach/assistant might be an idea, just to freshen up the coaching side. The two he has at the minute are clearly not fit for purpose.

It seems from reading stuff on here that it's all Ally's fault. What about the guys on the pitch that miss the chances, let opposition players through on goal and just generally don't turn up away from home.

I'll admit the tactics are pretty bad and that does come from the management team but for fuck sake, the players are the ones on the pitch losing the goals.

atthe end of the day he is the one that brought them to the club so what does that say about his management skills

Did I say it was?

You're really saying that since the financial speculation started football on the park has no longer mattered?

I'm not saying that at all, really or not. Our club last year was going into melt down. I cannot believe that our supporters would expect that would not effect the internal goings-on.

I worked at british steel during the maggie thatcher closures, the only topic of conversation during that time was those closures; no authority, no discipline - 100% of everyone's time was spent trying to find out what the fuck was going on. An we had no newspapers updating the tragedy every 5minutes.

I'm not saying that this is the exact case at Ibrox during the last 12months - but there must have been turmoil which can create that last 12month meltdown on the park.

Not sure what you mean there mate - what they say is meaningless. If they're rattled with the internal f.ups, then that's the way it is.

I just disagree with the 'writing off' of last season,can remember loads of occasions when the players and Ally said they just wanted to get on the park and play football yet we flattered to deceive.

No-one forced Ally to play Jelavic up front himself after Paysmith was injured,the latter had been on fire and was a huge loss but the best way to counter that wasn't alienating one of the most technically gifted strikers we've seen wear the jersey.

Questions were being asked of his tactics back then yet now it can be overlooked.

This is one of the reasons I didn't want Ally getting the job,I hate criticizing the man as he's a hero but the club are bigger.

Ok, in the real world people go for job interviews, they whittle down maybe 100 folk to half a dozen, then 2 nd interview they pick a candidate. It is a bit of a risk picking someone on the basis of 2 conversations and a few bits of paper, so if it doesn't work out then it is understandable. But football player are essentially headhunted, scouts go to their place of work multiple times and watch them perform their job, then a MANAGER decides if he good enough To play for his team, if the manager decides to sign him then he obviously believes in his opinion that this player is good enough, footballer don't just go for interviews like the rest of us. It's not as if 100 footballers apply to a clubs and 20 get picked is it?? I'm sorry but the buck stops with ally, end of

Administration, being skint, 3rd div, and embargo delay might have forced Ally's hand a bit with regards to his signing options

I'm not saying that at all, really or not. Our club last year was going into melt down. I cannot believe that our supporters would expect that would not effect the internal goings-on.

I worked at british steel during the maggie thatcher closures, the only topic of conversation during that time was those closures; no authority, no discipline - 100% of everyone's time was spent trying to find out what the fuck was going on. An we had no newspapers updating the tragedy every 5minutes.

I'm not saying that this is the exact case at Ibrox during the last 12months - but there must have been turmoil which can create that last 12month meltdown on the park.

Start of the season and well into it we thought we had a reliable new owner who had wiped out the bank debt, the speculation about the tax case etc was no different than what had been going on before.

Start of the season and well into it we thought we had a reliable new owner who had wiped out the bank debt, the speculation about the tax case etc was no different than what had been going on before.

Yep, to the outside world indeed - the those on the inside - not a chance. The players must have been well aware, perhaps via newspapers or taigs or whatever when taxmen were due to arrive, the legal staus of their employment contracts. They were in it mate, you/us were not.

Yep, to the outside world indeed - the those on the inside - not a chance. The players must have been well aware, perhaps via newspapers or taigs or whatever when taxmen were due to arrive, the legal staus of their employment contracts. They were in it mate, you/us were not.

I find that doubtful, considering how Whyte kept everything so close to his chest.

It's been blatantly clear for a long time he's not good enough.

remember john greig and paul LeGuen coisty's record is far worse than their's and they got the sack nobody is bigger than the club no matter what their status is

this is supposed to be a rangers forum people should refrain from classing everybody that comes on to make an opinion as being taigs it only deemeans the forum

I just disagree with the 'writing off' of last season,can remember loads of occasions when the players and Ally said they just wanted to get on the park and play football yet we flattered to deceive.

No-one forced Ally to play Jelavic up front himself after Paysmith was injured,the latter had been on fire and was a huge loss but the best way to counter that wasn't alienating one of the most technically gifted strikers we've seen wear the jersey.

Questions were being asked of his tactics back then yet now it can be overlooked.

This is one of the reasons I didn't want Ally getting the job,I hate criticizing the man as he's a hero but the club are bigger.

ally should have went to the first and second division and got play players on 2 to 3 hundred per week and doubled their wages they would have jumped at the chance to play for rangers instead of players like faure cribari perry think it was crazy to pay 6 and 7 grand a week for average players like black, shields,sandaza who are nowhere near that kind of money p

ally should have went to the first and second division and got play players on 2 to 3 hundred per week and doubled their wages they would have jumped at the chance to play for rangers instead of players like faure cribari perry think it was crazy to pay 6 and 7 grand a week for average players like black, shields,sandaza who are nowhere near that kind of money p

We expected boys this year and were treated to SPL quality players,it's not unrealistic to expect SPL quality performances.

Pushing 20% of Ally's games have been against teams from lower than SPL level - doubt you could claim the same for Greig or PLG

Yeah Ally has had a cake walk as Rangers manager. Probably the easiest time to be the manager in our history doh

Yeah Ally has had a cake walk as Rangers manager. Probably the easiest time to be the manager in our history doh

Merely making the point we can make stats say what we want - we're hardly comparing like with like. For instance PLG's poor stats included a fairly decent European campaign, as did Greig's with some very notable early wins which gave hope of better things.

Edit

BTW - Ally's win rate in SFL3 is 42.8% - how you gonna dress that up?

Its actually unthinkable not to have Ally in this job at this moment.

Rate him or loathe him as a manager, him and Walter Smith have dragged this support through the last four year never mind four away games.

Acrimonius bullshit you may think but you may as well put the "more than a club" ideology idea into that bracket as well .

Merely making the point we can make stats say what we want - we're hardly comparing like with like. For instance PLG's poor stats included a fairly decent European campaign, as did Greig's with some very notable early wins which gave hope of better things.

I'm tired of this argument. You can ignore what Ally has had to deal with as Rangers manager, like no other, and only focus on his record. Then when you're presented with Allys record as our manager you ignore it as irrelevant. Yes he has had bad results in particular games but to say he has shown nothing with a 61% win rate is an uninformed opinion.

Its actually unthinkable not to have Ally in this job at this moment.

Rate him or loathe him as a manager, him and Walter Smith have dragged this support through the last four year never mind four away games.

Acrimonius bullshit you may think but you may as well put the "more than a club" ideology idea into that bracket as well .

There are the chosen few that currently defend us; but if they fall, then so shall we.

Super Ally (MBE) and his troops have already cemented their place in history.

There is many battles that will be won and lost on the way, but ultimately the war will be won.

I'm tired of this argument. You can ignore what Ally has had to deal with as Rangers manager, like no other, and only focus on his record. Then when you're presented with Allys record as our manager you ignore it as irrelevant. Yes he has had bad results in particular games but to say he has shown nothing with a 61% win rate is an uninformed opinion.

I edited my post with this years Div 3 rate - it's 42.8%.

You're correct - he's dealt with a load of shit in the not too distant past ( but it IS now past).

These things are instrumental in people's development - they can make them or break them.

Ideally, Ally would have come out of the summer with a feeling of 'if I can handle that, I can handle anything'.

Frankly, I've not seen much evidence that this is how it's playing out.

No one loves Coisty more than I do but even I have seriously got to question if he us up to the task.

He can't organise the defence, sticks by his pals, ignores real talent and never seems to have anything other the the high ball as plan b.

How he can't get them motivated is beyond me.

Sorry Ally but you need to look at yourself in the mirror...