Our Manager - Ally McCoist

I'm tired of this argument. You can ignore what Ally has had to deal with as Rangers manager, like no other, and only focus on his record. Then when you're presented with Allys record as our manager you ignore it as irrelevant. Yes he has had bad results in particular games but to say he has shown nothing with a 61% win rate is an uninformed opinion.

Enlighten us with what he has done as Rangers manager, not PR speaker.

Enlighten us with what he has done as Rangers manager, not PR speaker.

Really? Like I say I'm tired and had this argument numerous times.

He achieved 2nd place last season despite a 10 point deduction and distractions of administration.

I already know your comeback - " he lost a 15 point lead and got knocked out of Europe." Wasn't a 15 point lead and anything can happen in knockout competitions, was it acceptable - no. Should it be used to beat Ally with now we don't have Europe for 3 years - No.

You won't change your mind, I know, just try and open it a little.

I edited my post with this years Div 3 rate - it's 42.8%.

You're correct - he's dealt with a load of shit in the not too distant past ( but it IS now past).

These things are instrumental in people's development - they can make them or break them.

Ideally, Ally would have come out of the summer with a feeling of 'if I can handle that, I can handle anything'.

Frankly, I've not seen much evidence that this is how it's playing out.

If we win all our home games, we win the league, simples!

Glory Hunters are dead, only the blue blooded will understand.

We've only lost ONE league game thus far.... though pish away from home (3 draws, 1 defeat)... but it can only get better.

How's the memory ? Sack Ally for one defeat in the league in which we participate ? A tad Harsh, no ? (try playing FM 2012)

Really? Like I say I'm tired and had this argument numerous times.

He achieved 2nd place last season despite a 10 point deduction and distractions of administration.

I already know your comeback - " he lost a 15 point lead and got knocked out of Europe." Wasn't a 15 point lead and anything can happen in knockout competitions, was it acceptable - no. Should it be used to beat Ally with now we don't have Europe for 3 years - No.

You won't change your mind, I know, just try and open it a little.

2nd place is no achievement. Rangers and Celtic finish every season at least 15-20 points clear of every other club.

He didn't lose a 15 point lead, fans need to cut that shite out. It was a 9 point deficit at best. Anything can happen incups correct but 3 knock outs in 3 consecutive ties to 3 clubs with a budget the fraction of ours? Alarm bells. It should not be a stick to beat him with now but it is still a fact that it happened.

My mind is wide open.

If we win all our home games, we win the league, simples!

Glory Hunters are dead, only the blue blooded will understand.

We've already stopped winning all our home games.

I take it you want people like me who simply want to see signs of progress (rather than regression, like today) dead too?

We've only lost ONE league game thus far.... though pish away from home (3 draws, 1 defeat)... but it can only get better.

How's the memory ? Sack Ally for one defeat in the league in which we participate ? A tad Harsh, no ? (try playing FM 2012)

The same was said after Peterhead, Annan, Berwick. It got worse.

This is not about one game. Far from it.

2nd place is no achievement. Rangers and Celtic finish every season at least 15-20 points clear of every other club.

He didn't lose a 15 point lead, fans need to cut that shite out. It was a 9 point deficit at best. Anything can happen incups correct but 3 knock outs in 3 consecutive ties to 3 clubs with a budget the fraction of ours? Alarm bells. It should not be a stick to beat him with now but it is still a fact that it happened.

My mind is wide open.

We don't have cw as owner or face having to liquidate the old company every season. There you go ignoring whatever doesn't suit your point. :sleep1:

There are the chosen few that currently defend us; but if they fall, then so shall we.

Super Ally (MBE) and his troops have already cemented their place in history.

There is many battles that will be won and lost on the way, but ultimately the war will be won.

Well said Quiet Jim,but sorry all i have to say is WE ARE THE FCKN PEEEEEEOPLE,sorry for shouting Jim...

My mind is wide open.

That's not even close to being true.

Anyone that thinks ally can bring us back to the SPL in 3 years is deluded.

If we dont win promotion to the 2nd, will these players stick around? not a fukin chance.

People keep saying, we'll win all our home games and win the league. Peterhead and Elgin are winning their home games as well...

07/08 26 points ahead of 3rd.

08/09 23 points ahead of 3rd.

09/10 18 points ahead of 3rd.

10/11 29 points ahead of 3rd.

11/12 11 points ahead of 3rd after a 10 point deduction which would have meant 21 points ahead.

:lol:

Are you implying that history started in 2007? You should have said that Rangers and Celtic finish at least 15-20 points in front of the team in 3rd place every year since 2007.

Are you implying that history started in 2007? You should have said that Rangers and Celtic finish at least 20 points in front of the team in 3rd place every year since 2007.

Maybe i should have but i couldn't be bothered. Only a troll would pick up on something so small.

The guy is bang on,its at least 15-20 points of a difference,this year Sellik will put there foot of the gas so to speak,because they are going so far in the [greed is good] cup,ofcourse there is a MASSIVE difference over a season i would have thought more than a 20 point difference....

Last 5 years show gap between us, vermin & the rest as:

2012 - 11 points with our 10 point deduction knocked off.

Previous 4 were 29, 18, 23 & 26 points.

Other than the technicality, looks quite true to me as far as recent history goes.

Haha!

Saw your next post - well done!