Your Favourite Rangers Comeback.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going back in the mists of time to the 60's, 0-2 down to the scum at half time at Ibrox, came out the 2nd half and won 3-2 Greig scored the winner while the mankies were all standing around expecting a free kick in our half, funny as fuck watching them going radio rental.

I think you have it a bit mixed up mate. 2 nil down at HT in 1977 and won 3 - 2 but Gordon Smith got the winner. The Greig goal was same season but 2nd goal in a 3 - 1 win. Tims wanted a penalty and we ran up the park for Greig to get a tap-in. Brilliant.

I'm going back in the mists of time to the 60's, 0-2 down to the scum at half time at Ibrox, came out the 2nd half and won 3-2 Greig scored the winner while the mankies were all standing around expecting a free kick in our half, funny as fuck watching them going radio rental.

wrong year that game was in the mid 70s .but brilliant it was.

Winning 3 - 2 away at PSV in 1978. Behind twice and winning it at the end. Magic night.

That was some result, PSV were one of the richest clubs in the World then, they were owned by Phillips. They also had a big chunk of the Dutch team that got to the World cup final that year. I will never forget wee Bobby Russell scoring that late winner, I nearly jumped out the window. (tu)

Did we not come from 2 down at Ibrox v Scum in September 1977, to win 3-2?

Remember being gutted at the time as there were no highlights because of a strike by tv workers.

I remember a link on here to that game on You-Tube not too long ago.

For me it has to be the 'Battle of Britain' in 1992 vs Leeds United.

I was only 9 years old at the time and was one of the lucky ones to be in attendance, the atmosphere that night was probably the best I'd ever heard Ibrox (I dunno if that was because it was my first European Game). I remember the Media ruling us out before we had even kicked a ball and it was looking that way as Gary McAllister scored an absolute smasher early on.

Durranty then supplied a superb corner kick which led to John Luckic punching it into his own net. Followed up by a Coisty tap in and the first leg was ours.

I enjoyed coming back from 1-0 down at halftime at parkhead to win 3-1 a few years back. Also the cup final in 02, 2-1 down with about 20 minutes or so to play and we turned it round. I've seen us come back from a goal down and win a few times but the one that really sticks in my mind was the Stuttgart game in 07 with Adam's worldy and Darche's penalty. Remember Hutton was lethal that night.

Sorry mate but your wrong on the dates and scores. The game where JG scored while Celtic were still claiming a penalty was January 78 (3-1). The comeback from 2 down was in September earlier in the same season(DJ &Gordon Smith2)

Spot on, I was going to put this game in as mine. so memorable I remember the date. 10/9/77. I think Edvaldson (sp.?) had got a double for them from set pieces but remember thinking at half time we had actually been the better team. I think DJ got one back after only about 5 minutes of the second half and we never looked back. Was at the 3-1 game as well. That was funny as f*** as about 8 of there players were still in our half arguing with the Ref while we broke up the park and put the ball in the net. I think Sandy Jardine scored in that game as well meaning 2 of the goals came from or full backs.

The 2-1 win over the tims in the League Cup (2004)

The celebrations when Prso equalised was absolutely mental. It was great finally ending that horrible run from the end of the treble season that ran on to the start of 04/05. I think they won the last 7 against us before.

Spot on, I was going to put this game in as mine. so memorable I remember the date. 10/9/77. I think Edvaldson (sp.?) had got a double for them from set pieces but remember thinking at half time we had actually been the better team. I think DJ got one back after only about 5 minutes of the second half and we never looked back. Was at the 3-1 game as well. That was funny as f*** as about 8 of there players were still in our half arguing with the Ref while we broke up the park and put the ball in the net. I think Sandy Jardine scored in that game as well meaning 2 of the goals came from or full backs.

Sorry mate but the other scorers in the 3-1 game were Smith & Parlane.

Smith scored from a superbly weighted Russell through ball & Parlane after keeper (Latchford ?) fumbled a Jardine cross.Was in the east enclosure for this game and still remember Celtic refusing to restart the game after Greigs goal.

For me there is no doubt . 2-2 october '87 against the yahoos .

Yup, that's for me. 0-2 down with nine men on the park and Richard Gough equalised right at the death, the noise was deafening. Graham Roberts conducting the bears. Truly magic stuff. WATP.

For me it has to be the 'Battle of Britain' in 1992 vs Leeds United.

I was only 9 years old at the time and was one of the lucky ones to be in attendance, the atmosphere that night was probably the best I'd ever heard Ibrox (I dunno if that was because it was my first European Game). I remember the Media ruling us out before we had even kicked a ball and it was looking that way as Gary McAllister scored an absolute smasher early on.

Durranty then supplied a superb corner kick which led to John Luckic punching it into his own net. Followed up by a Coisty tap in and the first leg was ours.

Yep probably my favourite as well, as it felt like a catalyst for much better things, at that stage the top europe prize was looking more and more possible. (Still hate those cheating French c*nts).

Still had a slight doubt going to Elland road and them with an away goal. But when Allys goal went in it was complete reverse of the feeling I had when they scored straight away at Ibrox.

Only moment that rivals it was the comeback in the penalty shoot-out against Fiorentina. When Barry missed the first and the Italians started slotting them in it wasn't looking good, then Alexander made the save, , then Vieri the one guy you'd put money on to score scudded it. Then up steps wee Nacho.............

Sorry mate but the other scorers in the 3-1 game were Smith & Parlane.

Smith scored from a superbly weighted Russell through ball & Parlane after keeper (Latchford ?) fumbled a Jardine cross.Was in the east enclosure for this game and still remember Celtic refusing to restart the game after Greigs goal.

I bow to your superior memory. I am sure Jardine scored agaist them in one game around that time, can you recall it. He came into the box from the right at the Copland end and scored from a reasonably tight angle.