Vanguard Bears - just who are they?

charlotte1008

We're now on course for 4 locked threads regarding VB in approx 24 hours, time to call it a day here it appears....

I just think this has been a discussion though. As the VB's said, they welcome criticism if it's not through snide comments or abuse. I've seen very little of such thing in this thread.

The topic was clearly started to prompt discussion, and it has.

Straight to the point Moses. :lol:

I think its dreadful that Moses should be pushed to the point of using a profanity. I'm quite sure he's now washing his typing finger with soap & water.

These are the lengths the mischief-makers in our midst drive us to.

I fucking forgive you Moses.

And how am I supposed to know that if I can't see it? All I know is there a forum that I can't access as it's blocked off to the public, and therefore I feel it's completely inaccessible.

You should read more replies, yes there is "a" forum, and yes it's blocked to the public. For reasons mentioned before, and others.

You are aware of private members clubs? Both online and offline? If you want to join, you have to satisfy membership criteria, can't be a hard concept to grasp, really?

You asked how, maybe you could, and that wasn't good enough for you. The simple process of sending an email asking perhaps, how you could join? You could have met members at games, or admin maybe?

You obviously don't want to, so perhaps you shouldn't denounce it too much? My personal opinion is that too many people these days think they have a right to anything they want.

Wvb joined, and given his past... Haha

You should read more replies, yes there is "a" forum, and yes it's blocked to the public. For reasons mentioned before, and others.

You are aware of private members clubs? Both online and offline? If you want to join, you have to satisfy membership criteria, can't be a hard concept to grasp, really?

You asked how, maybe you could, and that wasn't good enough for you. The simple process of sending an email asking perhaps, how you could join? You could have met members at games, or admin maybe?

You obviously don't want to, so perhaps you shouldn't denounce it too much? My personal opinion is that too many people these days think they have a right to anything they want.

Wvb joined, and given his past... Haha

Out of interest, would VB ever decline membership for someone they knew to be a Rangers fan?

This has nothing to do with "the vile terrorists across the city".

Where do I doubt that Rangers are significantly more than a club? They're a way of life for me as well, I just keep my politics and religion outside of the club and my support.

I rest my case.

And by the way Politics and Religion have nothing to do about being British and being a supporter of the most successful and the most British of all teams and hating your biggest rivals

who are all against everything i stand for.

I stand by what all of my ancestors believed i also stand by what they taught me.

If you let your guard slip life will never be the same.

NO SUURENDER!

My personal opinion is that too many people these days think they have a right to anything they want.

So I shouldn't have the right to speak to fellow Bears' over the internet? Why? Are they above me? Would I rock the boat too much? Would my opinions be too far separated from the rest?

You've seen my views over this thread, would an admin even allow me access to the site?

Having seen the clusterfuck caused by posts relating to VB I would hope this one may explain who we are and what we do in a bit more detail.

Some of the posts recently have been an utter embarrassment to this site, to Rangers fans and the individuals attributed to them.

VB won't appeal to everyone which is fine.

Criticism we can take despite the posts to the contrary.

Snide and unnecessary baiting of Rangers fans or cheap digs will always get a response.

More so from the VB's behalf to be honest.

I rest my case.

And by the way Politics and Religion have nothing to do about being British and being a supporter of the most successful and the most British of all teams and hating your biggest rivals

I stand by what all of my ancestors believed i also stand by what they taught me.

NO SUURENDER!

I rest my case.

NO SUURENDER!

Yes, well I'm glad you've rested... what you've rested on I'm not entirely sure since we both see Rangers as "more than a club" for different reasons.

I rest my case.

NO SUURENDER!

Just in case I've misunderstood you, are you seriously suggesting that politics and religion have nothing to do with being British?

I rest my case.

NO SURRENDER!

This has nothing to do with "the vile terrorists across the city".

Where do I doubt that Rangers are significantly more than a club? They're a way of life for me as well, I just keep my politics and religion outside of the club and my support.

I struggle to believe that a club should be based on political or religious values, which the VB clearly do, but I believe there is no reason why the two have to go hand in hand in the modern world.

Your opening sentence is perhaps one of the main reasons its a good thing vb and others exist. Do you REALLY believe it has nothing to do with them?

Lets leave politics (you can't but let's pretend anyway) and religion out of it, and concentrate on... Football

Sfa?

Spl?

Tv deal negotiations

Now tell me "they" don't have a big influence in any of those areas? I skipped the media because that can be classed as propaganda ergo politics ;)

Have you seen how our players are allowed to be treated so far this season? By sfa refs? Now I am the first to say they need a good kicking base on performances but it's ridiculous

You have to remember that "they" are part of what could easily be classed as an extremist cult, so, if we took those elements away, we the people would still be a target for them, they would just be happy they had stripped the club of something else

So I shouldn't have the right to speak to fellow Bears' over the internet? Why? Are they above me? Would I rock the boat too much? Would my opinions be too far separated from the rest?

You've seen my views over this thread, would an admin even allow me access to the site?

I got on.

6 days later the club went into admin.

No way will they fall for that one again mate.

Yes, well I'm glad you've rested... what you've rested on I'm not entirely sure since we both see Rangers as "more than a club" for different reasons.

Maybe both reasons are correct? Along with many others you haven't considered? Perhaps the fact it means so many things to so many people is the real reason ;)