Colin Stein could fere heider a baw so he could !

BLUEDIGNITY

The goal against England on a Saturday night and my old man was chuffed I got him 4 tickets for that game when I was on football trial down in England at that time.

I was at the game too, first time the game had ever been played at night, Scotland got a doin but it was worth the journey for that goal, he scored in the other two Home international games that year also ! :sherlock:

First time I ever went to Wembley and my oustanding memory is when the teams came on the park.All you could see was Scotland fans waving the Saltire or Lion Rampant and the huge roar that greeted Scotland.You could be forgiven for thinking Scotland were at home. As for Stein. He and Bud were my heroes growing up.I was at his first game at Ibrox when he scored 3 times and the following week at Arbroath when he grabbed another 3.Those were the days. We dont need Eusebio cos we've got Colin Stein used to ring around Ibrox.There was no such thing as a lost cause for Stein as he chased everything down and often got the ball.I think this is what the Rangers fans loved about him - apart from his goals.Never gave defenders a minutes peace.

Boyhood hero.

Always gave 100% for the cause.

Excellent in the air, good on the ground with the heart of a lion.

Remember his 1st game back after he rejoined us from Coventry, 42,000 for a game v St Johnstone when our average was about 25-30,000.

Delighted to see him at the Montrose game last month.

Sometimes your heros dissapoint when you meet them,not Colin Stein a true gentleman who epitomises everything a true Ranger should possess.

I was at that Hibs game and I remember a classic shout from one of our supporters, John Greig got the ball in midfield and was about to punt it upfield when he was tackled from the back from one of the Hibs players, our support was in an uproar when all of a sudden I heard " aww furrfuccksake ref...... protect the ball players.

We don't need no Davy Hay, Benadette or the IRA

We have John Greig, Colin Stein and Her Majesty the Queen.

Chants were nice an simple back then.

lol we used sing a simple wee song at school, 'fuck yer mo, we have Ally', might have been a good nursery right enough :)

sorry, too many beers, lol

First time I ever went to Wembley and my oustanding memory is when the teams came on the park.All you could see was Scotland fans waving the Saltire or Lion Rampant and the huge roar that greeted Scotland.You could be forgiven for thinking Scotland were at home. As for Stein. He and Bud were my heroes growing up.I was at his first game at Ibrox when he scored 3 times and the following week at Arbroath when he grabbed another 3.Those were the days. We dont need Eusebio cos we've got Colin Stein used to ring around Ibrox.There was no such thing as a lost cause for Stein as he chased everything down and often got the ball.I think this is what the Rangers fans loved about him - apart from his goals.Never gave defenders a minutes peace.

First game and hat trick were at Arbroath in 4 minute spell. Second game Hibs at Ibrox another hat trick. Third game away against Dundalk he got 2. A real worker and good striker. Always remember last minute winner for Gers on Christmas Day at Easter Road. 1 nil win. Magic!!!