It's time for McCoist to bring McKay back into the starting line up

I have no idea why he has barley been getting a chance in recent weeks, I know that he is still young and while it's true he had 1 or 2 poor performances before he was dropped on the whole he was one of our best players in the first part of the season if we are constantly forgiving our senior players for poor performances then the youth players should be given the same courtesy. I like both Aird and McKay but I think McKay is slightly more developed at the moment and looks a better option that what we currently have he is always moving, always looking for the ball and always looking to run at them/create chances while so many of our other players just look to take the easy option and pass it sideways which is why we are really struggling to create chances, Argyriou for instance is never a midfielder in a million years yet he was shoe horned into RW for no reason whatsoever when a blind man could have seen McKay was a better option on the RW. Yes we will get a few bad performances from him but it's all part of his learning curve we need to stick by him like we have with MacLeod and if we do then he will develop into an excellent player at his age players can improve or stall dramatically and 1st team game time will make him a far better player and it will be a great learning experience for him not many 17 year olds play in-front of 45k fans every other week. I also see no harm in playing Aird and McKay in the same team we should be able to play two wingers at the same time at this level and if we do I can guarantee we won't look so static and we will create more chances.

I would also like too see the following: Luca Gasparotto, Andy Murdoch, Tom Walsh, Darren Ramsay, Jamie Burrows & Callum Gallagher given chances to impress throughout the season not all at the same time just rotate the ones impressing most in training and reserves into the team throughout the season and if they preform then keep them in it if they aren't quite ready then send them back to the youths and give them another year to develop and try them out again next season.

Alexander

Argyriou Perry Cribari Wallace

McKay Hutton MacLeod Shiels

Little McCulloch

I think that is our best option at the moment until Templeton is back, Wallace can provide the width on the left hand side with Shiels cutting in and roaming in behind Little and McCulloch.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree... how can he get Aussie Player of the Year yet not get a game for us <cr>?

:craphead:

Nah, I agree mate. Has been impressive every time I've seen him, reminds of me a young Portuguese player or something due to his technique when moving the ball etc.

I'm sure his time will come. It's all about getting the balance right. Having too many youngsters in the team at the same time could be catastrophic against these teams.

The physical side might be a reason for McKay to play less atm, but he is a really exciting prospect and one the team should be built around over the years.

Ally's got to keep these guys interested. We have a transfer embargo and can't afford to lose players. Play your best eleven every week then you piss off a lot of talented young players. Think we'll just have to get used to the team getting switched around every week.

McKay is very slight and he can get knocked off the ball easily by these seasoned bruisers in Div 3. I think for the time being he is best suited at coming on with 30/20min remaining and exploiting the tiredness of the opposition. He will become a big player for us, but at 17 there is no rush.

I agree Mckay should start, but I'm not so keen on Aird starting every game at the moment. Today he looked like a headless chicken at times, and in some other games as well. After his impressive start, I think he should be on the bench and get his chance to come on later in the game, but play better than he did today. I think he will improve if given the chance and is not dropped completely.

I just want us to continue winning home and away now we've got our first away win in the bag, against a poor Clyde team, so I'll be happy if we carry on doing that and the kids get their chances.

McKay is very slight and he can get knocked off the ball easily by these seasoned bruisers in Div 3. I think for the time being he is best suited at coming on with 30/20min remaining and exploiting the tiredness of the opposition. He will become a big player for us, but at 17 there is no rush.

So is Messi but tjat doesnt stop him.

Also DJ was a regular at 17 back in the Days .

Footnote everytime Barfy McKay comes on he changes the whole pattern of the Game.

Get him in from the start now.

So is Messi but tjat doesnt stop him.

Also DJ was a regular at 17 back in the Days .

Footnote everytime Barfy McKay comes on he changes the whole pattern of the Game.

Get him in from the start now.

Comparing him with Messi is ridiculous. Also Messi is 25 and a hell of a lot stronger.

Did you think perhaps he is so influential when he comes on coz the opposition is tiring and his fresh pace late on takes advantage of this?

Comparing him with Messi is ridiculous. Also Messi is 25 and a hell of a lot stronger.

Did you think perhaps he is so influential when he comes on coz the opposition is tiring and his fresh pace late on takes advantage of this?

oh ok .

Its not a conparison its an example that you dont need to be Six feet or over to make it in Football.

We dont need a kyle or a big tall striker, what we need is skill and creativity and McKay gives us that everytime he comes on.

oh ok .

Its not a conparison its an example that you dont need to be Six feet or over to make it in Football.

We dont need a kyle or a big tall striker, what we need is skill and creativity and McKay gives us that everytime he comes on.

He wasn't saying that though, McKay isn't fully developed he's only 17, he lacks strength and get's bullied off the ball by growing men, this is something he'll obviously work on over the years, you cant expect a 17 year old to out muscle a grown man.