It's time for McCoist to bring McKay back into the starting line up

McCoist did seem to indicate from what I've read on here that McKay would have been brought in for some games, then left out for a few and so on.

Strikes me as extremely rigid management, that. Surely you'd keep him in if he's doing well - which he was - and then look to rest him when signs of poor form or fatigue were showing.

Setting yourself up to leave a player out regardless of form seems a bit daft.

Any chance to get a dig in at Ally, not like you Papa G ;)

McKay was playing well but he kept going missing in the second half, Aird came in and was a breath of fresh air. But, now he too is starting to go missing, this is how young players learn (good game, bad game, bad game, good game) What's likely going to happen is McKay will come back in with Aird focusing on Reserve football for a few weeks.

Playing consistently hasn't done other young players like Rooney any harm. Messi hasn't been substituted in any of his last 139 games for Barcelona, playing the 90 minutes constantly.

^

You are normally more sensible than this <cr>

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If McKay starts 15 to 20 games this season that will be good for him

Aird will push him for a place and then Stella has yet to feature

Its good to have 3 options with young guys for change.

Barry only played 45 last night so I expect to see him on the bench

Aird didnt feature so may start (unless he is injured) Stella played the whole game so again he will miss out I guess.

Only McCoist knows why he is not starting, did Barry not have problems at Killie as a kid? Maybe he does not want to over expose him at the moment and is just trying to build the lad up at the minute.

He is a great prosepct though and I'd rather he play in place of one of the 3 midfielders we played on Sunday as they are not needed as a 3.

Yeah he had a hip injury (i think) when he was at Killie, and that's why he was released by them. So perhaps Ally is trying to protect him as well.

I'd like to see him play in the 3 behind the striker as well, or maybe even up front alongside McCulloch in a 4-4-2.

Any chance to get a dig in at Ally, not like you Papa G ;)

McKay was playing well but he kept going missing in the second half, Aird came in and was a breath of fresh air. But, now he too is starting to go missing, this is how young players learn (good game, bad game, bad game, good game) What's likely going to happen is McKay will come back in with Aird focusing on Reserve football for a few weeks.

^

You are normally more sensible than this <cr>

If you're going to pull an example of a young player, then surely you can't just pick a guy who has had terrible injuries and use that? It has to be balanced up with the thousands of young players who have played consistently from 17-18 and had fantastic careers.

I can just imagine how frustrating it is for the likes of McKay and Hutton to see underperforming players like Black, Broadfoot at the start of the season, Sandaza etc getting game time whenever possible, yet they're being dropped for the sole reason that they're young.

I'm ALWAYS perfectly prepared to have a dig at how we manage our young players because it's been under-par for a number of years and cost us better fees for the likes of Charlie Adam and Danny Wilson.

If you're going to pull an example of a young player, then surely you can't just pick a guy who has had terrible injuries and use that? It has to be balanced up with the thousands of young players who have played consistently from 17-18 and had fantastic careers.

I can just imagine how frustrating it is for the likes of McKay and Hutton to see underperforming players like Black, Broadfoot at the start of the season, Sandaza etc getting game time whenever possible, yet they're being dropped for the sole reason that they're young.

I'm ALWAYS perfectly prepared to have a dig at how we manage our young players because it's been under-par for a number of years and cost us better fees for the likes of Charlie Adam and Danny Wilson.

Which players were dropped for the sole reason that they are young?

I like McKay, ok he May get pushed off the ball, but he's a constant threat going forward, and a decent finisher aswell,2 inches further back and he wouldve had a superb goal last Saturday, pur club has a history of tiny wingers and he should be getting more minutes than he currently gets

He wasn't saying that though, McKay isn't fully developed he's only 17, he lacks strength and get's bullied off the ball by growing men, this is something he'll obviously work on over the years, you cant expect a 17 year old to out muscle a grown man.

You see thoa is exactly our problem here in Scotland.

Barry McKay is still learning and is very young.

Ok a slight player, however if we dont get away from this strength, and Braun thing and replace it with Skill and Technique then Scottiah Fitbaw will never improve.

He will get stronger as he grows older , but we need him to keep his skill and Technique.

Bet you he can outpace them all though.Thats what Rangers need ,Pace going forward.

I like McKay, ok he May get pushed off the ball, but he's a constant threat going forward, and a decent finisher aswell,2 inches further back and he wouldve had a superb goal last Saturday, pur club has a history of tiny wingers and he should be getting more minutes than he currently gets

Agree a very good player, but maybe his Hip problems are the reason for his lack of game time.